Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/21/2018 – 01/01/2019 Any Objections?

This topic contains 191 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 192 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Bert heard something about Gordon in July, but couldn’t nail it down. OK.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s quiet in here.

Time to focus on my pick ’em pool.  It’s the season of desperate upset picking to make a move.

49ers, Jags, Steelers.  I really need more but can’t bring myself to do Redskins, Lions or Bucs. But maybe I should?  Giants?

jforb
    Participant

You know what’s fun? Essentially your only task for the day is to hit one button. But you have to wait at least six hours for the database to finish copying before you do so.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

You know what’s fun? Essentially your only task for the day is to hit one button. But you have to wait at least six hours for the database to finish copying before you do so.

So you’re Desmond from Lost? Do you have ‘Make Your Own Kind Of Music’ playing on repeat?  :lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

3 users thanked author for this post.

Not like we needed another reason to hate SAS, but this is particularly loathsome:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Plenty of time for the board, then.

Poor Joe Gill doesn’t even get to write the story complaining about the money he won’t make once “#valuencer” goes viral.  There’s the real tragedy.

jforb
    Participant

Plenty of time for the board, then.

Let’s go people.

Any way to read this other than he’s pissed that he has to pay a reporter for more than 5 months?

BTW, who’s bright idea was it to make the MLS season so long? How many people in this country want to pay attention to a sport not named baseball (and that’s up for debate) for nine months? This isn’t Europe. Make it more like the NFL season. It should start after football and end before it starts up again. Boom. Done.

Participant

Toucher said he feels like the show is in a better place than it was a couple of years ago, even though ratings have always been high.

“For one thing, I’m trying harder. I am,’’ Fred said

Chisel that one on my grave stone Rene.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  02062.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Holy shit, Fred!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Not like we needed another reason to hate SAS, but this is particularly loathsome:

Kirk told me we need more assholes.

Coma
    Participant

Poor Joe Gill doesn’t even get to write the story complaining about the money he won’t make once “#valuencer” goes viral. There’s the real tragedy.

Joe Gill on Facebook on December 10th, following the loss to Miami: I enjoy sports radio more after losses.

One of his idiot friends even called it “a deserved loss.”

Since then, he’s posted a ton of Browns highlights. He doesn’t deserve any content he creates to go viral, unless it injures or humiliates him.

Lebron
    Participant

Why would any sane young person pursue a career where you end up looking like those 2?  At least when most of us here were younger/more impressionable, we didn’t actually see what these people looked like.  One of the local guys here, shows up on 98.5 whenever the Patriots play the Broncos, is a good 50 pounds overweight and sports the unemployed Italian tuxedo and a ball cap look every day.  Any kid who aspires to that needs some kind of conversion therapy.  Hell anyone on this board ever runs across one of my kids talking about becoming a sports talk show host has permission to rock him upside the head.

Coma
    Participant

A little holiday levity: A couple of days ago, I leave the grocery store, put my bags in the passenger seat and walk around the car to the driver’s side. As I’m opening the door, a minivan stops in front of my car. A guy in his late 70s or early 80s rolls down the window and says “Do you want to hear a Christmas joke?” Everything seems non-threatening enough, so I say “Sure.”

Two men die at the same time around Christmas time and end up before the pearly gates and St. Peter. St. Peter says “If you can show me something you’re carrying right now that embodies the Christmas spirit, you can get into Heaven, no questions asked.”

The first guy thinks for a moment, takes out his key ring, starts shaking it and says “Jingle bells, jingles bells.” St. Peter says “Very good. You can enter Heaven.” He turns to the second guy “What have you got that represents Christmas.”

The second guy thinks for a few more moments and then pulls out a pair of pink ladies panties. He holds the panties up by the waist band and wiggles them up and down. St. Peter asks “What’s that supposed to mean? ” The second guy says “Carol’s.”

I gave the guy a good laugh and said “Thanks and Merry Christmas.” He said “Use it whenever you want” and drove away.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Poor Joe Gill doesn’t even get to write the story complaining about the money he won’t make once “#valuencer” goes viral. There’s the real tragedy.

Joe Gill on Facebook on December 10th, following the loss to Miami: I enjoy sports radio more after losses.

He means job losses. You know, because of all the free time that opened up. #valuencing!

Yahtzee
    Participant

T&R have been on the air for 8-9 years and I’ve listened to less than 3 hours in the aggregate over that period.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

A little holiday levity: A couple of days ago, I leave the grocery store, put my bags in the passenger seat and walk around the car to the driver’s side. As I’m opening the door, a minivan stops in front of my car. A guy in his late 70s or early 80s rolls down the window and says “Do you want to hear a Christmas joke?” Everything seems non-threatening enough, so I say “Sure.”

Two men die at the same time around Christmas time and end up before the pearly gates and St. Peter. St. Peter says “If you can show me something you’re carrying right now that embodies the Christmas spirit, you can get into Heaven, no questions asked.”

The first guy thinks for a moment, takes out his key ring, starts shaking it and says “Jingle bells, jingles bells.” St. Peter says “Very good. You can enter Heaven.” He turns to the second guy “What have you got that represents Christmas.”

The second guy thinks for a few more moments and then pulls out a pair of pink ladies panties. He holds the panties up by the waist band and wiggles them up and down. St. Peter asks “What’s that supposed to mean? ” The second guy says “Carol’s.”

I gave the guy a good laugh and said “Thanks and Merry Christmas.” He said “Use it whenever you want” and drove away.

I was waiting for a punchline involving jingle bells or a candy cane.

My agenda is truth.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Going by jforb’s handy BSJ counter, it doesn’t look like Coach’s gift subscription discount worked.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Was that guy real or was he the Ghost of Non-PC Christmas Past? :blink:

jforb
    Participant

Going by jforb’s handy BSJ counter, it doesn’t look like Coach’s gift subscription discount worked.

I have a feeling they need to be activated before they count, so I expect a bit of a bump next week. Still safe to say he’s not hitting 10k anytime soon.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s a shame.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I have a feeling they need to be activated before they count, so I expect a bit of a bump next week. Still safe to say he’s not hitting 10k anytime soon.

I wouldn’t put it past him to count it when it’s sold then count it again when activated, especially since that counter has never gone down.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I really don’t understand how anyone is making money off of a bowl game in the Bahamas between Toledo and Florida International.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

ESPN owns some of the bowl games and broadcasts almost every one. They provide good programming during a dead period. Sponsors chip in and schools have to agree to purchase a bunch of tickets. A ton of money slopping around.

My agenda is truth.

Humphrey
    Participant

T&R have been on the air for 8-9 years and I’ve listened to less than 3 hours in the aggregate over that period.

I used to laugh at some of their Jon Gruden stuff and that was about it. Don’t think I’ve turned on that station in the AM in months, maybe all of 2018

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Humphrey.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar