Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/21/2018 – 01/01/2019 Any Objections?

This topic contains 191 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 192 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

they should give out medals for having to root for Seattle and Philly the same day

Page 2!!!!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Yahtzee.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The way Collinsworth slobbers all over Mahomes is a disgrace. Christ, have some dignity.

Maybe the Chiefs can win a SB with a defense that shitty, but I’ll believe it only when I see it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

This just sums up the whole Mike Tomlin experience in one tweet.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The only shame of it? We won’t see Wilson-Mahomes again till 2022 because of the whims of the NFL schedule.

Yes Peter, the sensible procession through the four divisions of the opposite conference is mere whimsy. As opposed to scheduling games on the basis of exciting quarterbacks playing head to head. Weirdo.  :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

5 users thanked author for this post.

InThisTown
    Participant

We are all the Autumn Wind.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I literally can’t remember the formula for scheduling games before they hit upon the current one. Did it have anything to do with making sure star QBs played each other regularly?

chicowalker
    Participant

If you have a chance for a meal in Providence, I’d recommend Trattoria Zooma. We had a holiday family dinner there on Tuesday, in the heart of Federal Hill. Ask for Armando. He knows his wine (there’s a superb Chianti there), and if you’re really nice, he’ll give you some of the peasant bread dish that’s directly from the old country.

:ohmy: if only I had known, I drove right by there tuesday night.  I could have been the turd of the week!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

We are all the Autumn Wind.

It’s asking a lot for both the Chargers and Chiefs to lose next week, but this season has been weird enough that it wouldn’t surprise me.

Humphrey
    Participant

(there’s a superb Chianti there)

:ohmy: if only I had known, I drove right by there tuesday night. I could have been the turd of the week!

…hopefully some Fava Beans as well so that Hannibal Lechter would feel right at home.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

If you have a chance for a meal in Providence, I’d recommend Trattoria Zooma. We had a holiday family dinner there on Tuesday, in the heart of Federal Hill. Ask for Armando. He knows his wine (there’s a superb Chianti there), and if you’re really nice, he’ll give you some of the peasant bread dish that’s directly from the old country.

:ohmy:if only I had known, I drove right by there tuesday night. I could have been the turd of the week!

Zooma is not bad, but there are at least five better places within two blocks of there.

And why is he at a family dinner in Providence??

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Jeez – Eagle and Fouts again this week. What did we do to deserve this? I’d take Gumbel, generic ex-quarterback and sleepy Ariens over them anyday.

Oh, and Walt “Tuck Rule” Coleman.

Humphrey
    Participant

Jeez – Eagle and Fouts again this week. What did we do to deserve this? I’d take Gumbel, generic ex-quarterback and sleepy Ariens over them anyday.

I hope Fouts decides to be the lead commentator for his alma mater just like Dan Dierdorf did.

jforb
    Participant

If your girl steps up, I’m smackin’ the hoe

Lebron: what a nice line about gardening.

TJM
    Participant

The first example of this comes on a fourth-and-five from Pittsburgh’s 42-yard line. The Steelers faked the punt and instead snapped the ball to fullback Roosevelt Nix. He made it all of four yards before Craig Robertson and Chris Banjo brought him down about a yard short of the first down marker, giving New Orleans excellent field position to start its drive. Sadly for Nix, he didn’t realize he was short of the marker until he got over to the sideline and proceeded to celebrate as if he got his team a new set of downs.

:lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Merry Christmas, basementonians.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Merry Christmas to all!

I want to know, with no kids in the house, I was up at 5:30AM anyway? Probably because I need all this time to wrap and bake :ozzy:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Very satisfying win for the C’s tonight. Irving was immense.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

35 years ago today Iran’s Miracle On Ice happened. The Iron Sheik became WWF World Champion.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Festivus should be AFTER Christmas – everyone reverts to being an ahole almost immediately

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Festivus should be AFTER Christmas – everyone reverts to being an ahole almost immediately

Save that for NEXT YEAR’s Airing of the Grievances!   ;-)   :smile:

Hacksaw
    Participant

I hear ya….I just told one guy who was complaining about a slow process “Get your client to throw the football, I am open in the end zone.”

jforb
    Participant

Probably a good thing for them that BC fans don’t travel well.

I got bored with Ian O’connor’s Belichick book, but picked it up again today. This line should resonate here:

During one film session,  Belichick grew tired of the image of Bledsoe patting the ball in the pocket before finally delivering it.

“Drew,” the coach said,  “Stop jacking the ball off and throw it. “

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Probably a good thing for them that BC fans don’t travel well.

If this was say the Orange Bowl, no way they would just cancel it right?  Most of these bowl games are so empty they cancel them and no one notices.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar