Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/21/2018 – 01/01/2019 Any Objections?

This topic contains 191 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 192 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

The only shame of it? We won’t see Wilson-Mahomes again till 2022 because of the whims of the NFL schedule.

Yes Peter, the sensible procession through the four divisions of the opposite conference is mere whimsy. As opposed to scheduling games on the basis of exciting quarterbacks playing head to head. Weirdo. :ozzy:

Isn’t the dream of Wilson and Mahomes meeting in the Super Bowl for the next 4 years enough? They have to play every year in the regular season for PK to be happy, as well?

Of course, King never considers the ramifications beyond two teams meeting for one game. If the approach is “Elite QBs should face each other as often as possible,” shouldn’t the schedule makers be lining up match-ups for Mahomes vs. Brees/Rodgers/Goff/Mayfield/Watson/Wentz/Roethlisberger/Brady/Ryan/Luck, etc then do the same thing for all of those other QBs? How would you decided who plays home or away? How will they be able to make sure teams are playing the correct number of conference and divisional games? What about guys who are on the brink of the cusp, like Josh Allen, Garoppolo or Lamar Jackson? If they take off next year, they’ll need to be factored into the scheduling model that will make Peter King happy. There’s so much wrong with King’s dream match-ups that, that I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that none of them have occurred to him.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Probably a good thing for them that BC fans don’t travel well.

If this was say the Orange Bowl, no way they would just cancel it right? Most of these bowl games are so empty they cancel them and no one notices.

The First Responder Bowl? Really?   :lol:

jforb
    Participant

And if you schedule all the Elite QB bowls, doesn’t that leave the other teams in nothing but shit games?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Caught parts of an Inside Sports segment on the NFL and the concussion stuff.  They still haven’t given a dime to Mike Webster’s family, and some other guy who has been diagnosed with all kinds of brain shit is getting nothing because the NFL doesn’t agree with the diagnosis.  They probably think he has chicken pox.  What a trash organization that is.  I hate it so much.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

And if you schedule all the Elite QB bowls, doesn’t that leave the other teams in nothing but shit games?

That’s what makes this so difficult.

Humphrey
    Participant

Probably a good thing for them that BC fans don’t travel well.

If this was say the Orange Bowl, no way they would just cancel it right? Most of these bowl games are so empty they cancel them and no one notices.

The First Responder Bowl? Really? :lol:

Servpro sponsoring the game was a great touch of irony.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Of course, King never considers the ramifications beyond two teams meeting for one game. If the approach is “Elite QBs should face each other as often as possible,” shouldn’t the schedule makers be lining up match-ups for Mahomes vs. Brees/Rodgers/Goff/Mayfield/Watson/Wentz/Roethlisberger/Brady/Ryan/Luck, etc then do the same thing for all of those other QBs?…There’s so much wrong with King’s dream match-ups that, that I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that none of them have occurred to him.

The problem with logically poking holes in PK’s lazy statements is it gives them way more credit than they deserve. PK never really thinks about anything. He just says stupid shit because he’s been well-paid to say stupid shit for years, and not having to defend his stupid shit marks his entire career. He’ll just say slightly different stupid shit tomorrow, and then keep moving like a plague of locusts.

You used far more brainpower calling him out than he would ever use actually writing or saying anything.

How many STANDARD DEVIATIONZ is that?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Manish, like Billy Mumphrey has unbridled enthusiasm.

http://Mehta: Jets exploitation of Pats’ demise starts with next head coach: ‘I would love that job’

Lebron
    Participant

‘I would love that job’ means whoever takes it would have to be that asshole at the office who says aloud ‘those 5 or 12 guys before me that all failed in this role?  Morons!’

The Caldwell/Pagano stories coming out of Green Bay are hysterical.  If that’s the route you’re going why not stick with Philbin?  Are those other 2 any different?  What a chickenshit organization.  I’d love to burn that fucking place and all of its gay nostalgia to the ground, toss the bikes on the pyre.

Participant

‘I would love that job’ means whoever takes it would have to be that asshole at the office who says aloud ‘those 5 or 12 guys before me that all failed in this role? Morons!’

The Caldwell/Pagano stories coming out of Green Bay are hysterical. If that’s the route you’re going why not stick with Philbin? Are those other 2 any different? What a chickenshit organization. I’d love to burn that fucking place and all of its gay nostalgia to the ground, toss the bikes on the pyre.

Lots of folks in Manish’s timeline were speculating that the anonymous coach was Rex.  :lol:

Reiss correction:

Plus, the Vikings went unbeaten at home in ’69 (pre-NFC/AFC scheduling) too. So-called “perfect” home records in ’69, ’70, ’73, ’75 and ’76 (along with ’89 and ’09). What are the odds, Bryan?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Took the kid to see the Globetrotters yesterday. Fun show.

I might be coming around on the 4 point shot.

Participant

Always a good show – If you have a chance, check out the youtube clips of them shooting baskets from above the super bowl banners at Gillette about a month ago when they were promoting it.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Oohhh. An article by Buckley about Minihane.

Good job, good effort, The Athletic.

No sale.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I probably hadn’t thought about Sweet Lou Dunbar in 3 decades, so much that I forgot he was the prototype of tall bastards playing the point.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Was Cager playing for the Generals? Its usually close when he plays.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I probably hadn’t thought about Sweet Lou Dunbar in 3 decades, so much that I forgot he was the prototype of tall bastards playing the point.

Get Ken Reeves to coach the Generals, the Globetrotters new job would be pumping gas.

jforb
    Participant

Oohhh. An article by Buckley about Minihane.

Good job, good effort, The Athletic.

No sale.

That’s what the meh button is for. I hope.

Participant

They beat your ass when it mattered with salvation army types.

“They need to stop going down to the Salvation Army to get their wide receivers. They need to get some real-deal wide receivers.”

—Former NFL receiver Steve Smith, on NFL Network’s pre-game show Sunday, on the New England Patriots.

Participant

From Enfield to the Upper West Side where he lives…

I hope, if you celebrate, that your Christmas is as wonderful as mine growing up in Enfield, Conn., raising our family in Cincinnati and Lincoln Park, N.J., and Bloomfield, N.J., and Montclair, N.J., and now living on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, and, occasionally, spent on the West Coast with family.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Was Cager playing for the Generals? Its usually close when he plays.

Oh yes. Deflated ball and everything.

My kid couldn’t figure out why people were booing. Also, he couldn’t wrap his head around Too Tall Hall being 5’2”  :blink:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

This is so Jets.

@RichCimini: TE Eric Tomlinson dropped a weight on his foot in the weight room yesterday after practice, lacerated two toes and underwent surgery. Thus, he was placed on IR. That kind of year for the #Jets

jforb
    Participant

WBZ news repeatedly saying Pats need to win to get a home playoff game. :wall:

Yahtzee
    Participant

WBZ news repeatedly saying Pats need to win to get a home playoff game. :wall:

Fake news!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar