Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/21/2018 – 01/01/2019 Any Objections?

This topic contains 191 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 192 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Don’t they have to put a second back? Otherwise the quarter would have ended before the penalty right?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Dean Pees missed the playoffs? Gosh, that’s too bad.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Christ I hate Brother John.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

All the extra time off to prepare should lead to some spectacular entrances at Steelers camp in July.

Nick B
    Participant

When does bloated Pete King come out with his “How unfair is it that the 12 win Chargers have to travel to lowly 10 win Baltimore?”

Fatty no speak English good:

Later, I ask Cox what the plane ride how from New Orleans was like.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

When does bloated Pete King come out with his “How unfair is it that the 12 win Chargers have to travel to lowly 10 win Baltimore?”

Not yet, surprisingly. But in his “Best of 2019” he has:

• The Khalil Mack Bowl and The Kirk Cousins Bowl i.e. who cares;
    • Seattle at Pittsburgh and Indianapolis at New Orleans i.e. Can you believe these guys only play in that city once every eight years? You can hear the sneering from here;
    • KC at NE.  “For the third straight year, the Chiefs play in Foxboro. KC won in 2017, 42-27. New England won in 2018, 43-40. I sense a trend.” How is this a “trend?”
    • Giants at New England. “Odds are Eli Manning and Brady will be the quarterbacks. They’ve met five times. Eli 3, Tom 2. Margins of victory: 3, 3, 4, 4, 1. Giants won two Super Bowls, narrowly, among those five games. I sense a trend.” Ditto.
    • Seattle at Cleveland. “Two quarterbacks averaging 5-11 5/8 in height meet for the first time.” Important football considerations here.
    • Green Bay at Kansas City – another ooh, first meeting of inter-conference quarterbacks.
    • Finally, two games with “going-home” narratives.

No consideration at all to what might be the best games.

What a jackass. :weei:

Nick B
    Participant

Not yet, surprisingly. But in his “Best of 2019” he has:

• The Khalil Mack Bowl and The Kirk Cousins Bowl i.e. who cares;
    • Seattle at Pittsburgh and Indianapolis at New Orleans i.e. Can you believe these guys only play in that city once every eight years? You can hear the sneering from here;
    • KC at NE. “For the third straight year, the Chiefs play in Foxboro. KC won in 2017, 42-27. New England won in 2018, 43-40. I sense a trend.” How is this a “trend?”
    • Giants at New England. “Odds are Eli Manning and Brady will be the quarterbacks. They’ve met five times. Eli 3, Tom 2. Margins of victory: 3, 3, 4, 4, 1. Giants won two Super Bowls, narrowly, among those five games. I sense a trend.” Ditto.
    • Seattle at Cleveland. “Two quarterbacks averaging 5-11 5/8 in height meet for the first time.” Important football considerations here.
    • Green Bay at Kansas City – another ooh, first meeting of inter-conference quarterbacks.
    • Finally, two games with “going-home” narratives.

No consideration at all to what might be the best games.

What a jackass. :weei:

also:

Cleveland at New England. Baker Mayfield, coached by someone, and the tenacious Browns at 42-year-old Tom Brady.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Oops, missed one. Good catch.

Fatty has no idea who Darryl Dawkins was.

j. Beernerdness: While in San Francisco last week, my daughter, who loves the hazy IPAs (AKA New England IPAs), had me try Planet Lovetron (where do they come up with these names?)

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

It only took 16 years, but Marvin Lewis is finally out in Cincinnati. Hiring Hue Jackson pays $2.10.

Nick B
    Participant

Al the Dipshits in the media trying to outdo each other on why TB went up to Retiring Referee Walt Coleman after yesterdays game.  So embarrassing.   I will say that Rob Bradfords was the worst.

Rob Bradford

@bradfo

First person Brady finds when game ends? The guy who helped launch his career, Walt Coleman

:wall: :wall:

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Nick B.

Participant

A humble brag and some medical insight from Peter.

“I know Bengals owner Mike Brown, and I know how much he likes regularity,”

Should we send these kids an UBER gift card as an engagement gift?

Robert Klemko! Congrats on the engagement. You and Dana will have a wonderful life together.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

What an anjerk remark by Bradford.

Maybe he said to Coleman, “Hey, Walt, why didn’t you throw the flag on that hit to the head on that play 17 years ago?”  That would have made the “tuck rule” irrelevant and given the Patriots 15 more yards.

Hacksaw
    Participant

looks like unemployment is up today.

Lebron
    Participant

Love how there was all this drama about Marv last year they bring him back only to shitcan him a year later.  And I thought that Cardinals guy had them playing pretty hard the last few weeks, it was only his first year, might be worth another try next year.  Nope, can him, we’ll get someone better.  That always works out.  Oh, and get me that Korn Ferry placement service on line 1, stat.  They always do such a great job finding coaches.  And tell them to double the usual bill.

Lebron
    Participant

looks like unemployment is up today.

Brian and Jocko got their Chinese food order in early, put in an extra pu pu platter for Jocko, when they heard about Marv getting it.  Mix in Vance Joseph and Steve Wilk and say do you guys deliver scorpion bowls?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

Old friend Rex Ryan is interested in the Dolphin job.   :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Old friend Rex Ryan is interested in the Dolphin job. :lol:

Tanny does it again!  Although I hear he’s been ‘reassigned’

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That’s quite a streak of trend-sensing by Fatty.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Hacksaw
    Participant

Are there any Pop Warner teams named the Dolphins?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Rex ain’t afraid of New England. No siree, you can take that to the bank! Not afraid, and not obsessed, neither.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Because of the overly aggressive spam filter, you’ve all been deprived of my joke about Rex Ryan getting hired as a dolphin at an aquatic resort in Florida. I hope that doesn’t ruin what’s left of 2018.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete hates the games

Baltimore, 7:26 p.m. End game of Browns-Ravens feels like the end of a playoff basketball game. Endless. Close call inside two minutes on a Breshad Perriman reception on the sideline … replay. Taking forever.

Personally, I never once thought to myself jesus christ this is taking forever.  And I thought that catch and the Landry catch a few plays later were exactly what review is intended for.  Get it right?  Why bother?  Just give me my latte I mean football game result right now!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

And of course a few lines later

Baltimore, 7:30 p.m. Browns down 26-24; 95 seconds left. Baker Mayfield throws to a diving Jarvis Landry over the middle at the Baltimore 39, on the edge of field-goal range. Incomplete. But wait. Replay review. An endless, agonizing review.

The original ruling was no catch and this correctly reversed that call, but apparently Pete has better things to do than get things right.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar