Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/21/2018 – 01/01/2019 Any Objections?

This topic contains 191 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 192 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

I can’t reply to the Rex Ryan posts, so:

Apparently, it never occurred to Rex to take his act to the NFC, or at least to a different AFC division. Instead of “Rex Fails Against the Patriots, Part III,” imagine all the storylinez if he goes to Cinci and matches up with Tomlin and Harbaugh or Arizona to go against uber-genius McVay or Pete Carroll. It’s kind of surprising the league hasn’t nudged him in that direction.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

There will be a 30-for-30 made about this Mahomes season one day.

Christ.  No one is going to care next year let alone in however many years down the road people reflect on such shit.  And is there anything worse than 30 for 30?  It was supposed to be 30 documentary like segments to mark 30 years of being on the air for ESPN.  That was nearly fucking 9 years ago now.  And there’s way more than 30 of these things.  Retire the name already.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I would surmise that Fatty was similarly gushing about RG III about five years ago today. What a tool.

Participant

Manish thinks Coach Oklahoma Drill has a shot at the Jets job.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

There will be a 30-for-30 made about this Mahomes season one day.

Christ. No one is going to care next year let alone in however many years down the road people reflect on such shit. And is there anything worse than 30 for 30? It was supposed to be 30 documentary like segments to mark 30 years of being on the air for ESPN. That was nearly fucking 9 years ago now. And there’s way more than 30 of these things. Retire the name already.

My question is, why? Mahomes had a terrific season. He deserves all the superlatives he’s received and whatever awards are coming his way. Still, he didn’t set any records. He led the league in passing TDs by a significant margin, but he was still 5 behind Manning’s single season record. He didn’t set a record for passing yards and the Chiefs didn’t score the most points in league history. Again, Mahomes did an amazing job this year and it will be impressive if he continues to perform at this level next year, but why does it need to be commemorated in film?

Lebron
    Participant

Pete’s excitement for 2019 games includes the Bears/Raiders and Redskins/Vikings.  Why?  Well, they’re the Khalil Mack Bowl and Kirk Cousins Bowl, respectively!  Also lamenting the Seahawks at Steelers being DangeRuss’s likely only appearance at Heinz Field.  What a predictable psychopath.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Fatty is always distracted by the shiny object.

The fact the Sexy Rexy is even being mentioned shows the lack of coaching depth in the NFL. Fortunately for Rex some owner will give him a shot. As long as the money keeps coming in Rex will always have his name come up.

Lefty

I don’t pay close attention but I thought I saw Breer in Foxborough on the NBC sports local pregame broadcast yesterday.

If he was there,  can someone explain to me why on a day with several games of critical importance around the league, the “national football writer”opted to stay in Foxborough for a game the conclusion of which was pretty much already known and which had minimal impact?

I’ll hang up and take my answer off the air.

Lefty

On another note, I am  convinced all this wild interest in brother John has been started by brother John himself.   Ozzie retired and took his plan with him and brother John isn’t likely to land at the top in power when the post Ozzie order is set up.

I think he’s been telling all his media pals he won’t sign an extension and there are lots of teams after him so he can leverage into a better spot while the getting is good.

4 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

I don’t pay close attention but I thought I saw Breer in Foxborough on the NBC sports local pregame broadcast yesterday.

If he was there, can someone explain to me why on a day with several games of critical importance around the league, the “national football writer”opted to stay in Foxborough for a game the conclusion of which was pretty much already known and which had minimal impact?

Does Bert is lazy count as an answer?

Brian
    Participant

If he was there, can someone explain to me why on a day with several games of critical importance around the league, the “national football writer”opted to stay in Foxborough for a game the conclusion of which was pretty much already known and which had minimal impact?

He has done the Pats post game show all season.

Lebron
    Participant

Apparently Marv is endorsing Hue to take over for him in Cincy.  Please let this happen.  This shit never changes.  Without looking I’m assuming Silver is pimping the ever living shit out of that storyline.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Just in time for the Super Bowl parade through Nashville.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Apparently Marv is endorsing Hue to take over for him in Cincy. Please let this happen. This shit never changes. Without looking I’m assuming Silver is pimping the ever living shit out of that storyline.

I can see Marv heading to the Jets.

Participant

Knives are out for Antonio Brown in the Pittsburgh’s today

Lebron
    Participant

Supposedly wasn’t injured but benched for ‘disciplinary reasons.’  You always gotta sign those mouthy showboat receivers to big deals.  Only 5 years left on Beckham Jr’s deal!

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe he shows up in one of those flying squirrel suits to camp next year.

Supposedly Rapist told him to run a route a particular way on Wednesday and he blew off practice the rest of the week.  On the one hand, I can’t blame him, like I’d be taking criticism from Rapist.  Look Ben, I don’t tell you how to corner chicks in hotels and bars, don’t tell me how to run a route.  I saw Cousins bitching out Theilen running a route.  I wouldn’t have blamed Theilen for grabbing the tablet and dialing up Fortnite.

Big Fat O
    Participant

What kind of life do you have when you call EEI and want to take on DeAssie?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Something small that amused me in 2018: Joe Beningo calling Jets RB Trenton Cannon “Marcus Cannon” 100% of the time.

Participant

Mike Tomlin runs a tight ship.

Can we have this escalate?  Get Le’veon involved?  Name calling on the instaface?

Whatever it takes.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I don’t understand why Mike Mayock just made that move. More hours,(probably) less money and when it inevitably doesn’t work he’s fucked.

Oh and Happy New Year.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d bet Mayock is making way more as a GM.  His tv work has been scarce.  I don’t blame him for taking a crack at it if he fails oh well back to hits on NFLN and saying sand in the pants.  Louis Riddick you’re on the clock.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Happy New Year to all!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Greek Freak
    Participant

Happy New year!

Whoever put money on whoranges restaurant never opening, get ready to collect…

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar