Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/23/19-12/29/19 Weekly Thread Holiday Edition

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

Hopefully it’s because there’s little else to comment about on Christmas or the day after- but the Lakers/Clippers game is being (over) analyzed more than your average Finals game.

This Shula propaganda has to be seen to be believed:

Winning is the only thing, we’ve been conditioned to believe, which would mean that to couple 348 wins by Belichick with his six Super Bowl rings is to squelch any argument in favor of Shula being the best ever.

But argue, I must. Argue, I will.

Argue, I do, in the name of integrity. Honesty. Valor. Class.

This is predictable. In the same way that Steelers fans were threatened when Belichick alone would equal the Lombardi collection of three Pittsburgh coaches – and so strived to diminish his accomplishments – so too must Dolphins do the same when he approaches Shula’s record.

Remember that Jimmy Johnson admitted in 2008 that the Dolphins were already bypassing the 15-second radio cutoff when he arrived in Miami. There must be a laundry list of Shula shady practices somewhere.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

“Never,” Little said. “One time, I think we were playing the Raiders, we practiced at their facility. Someone (on the Raiders) left their game plan in the locker room and somebody gave it to Coach. (Shula’s response was), ‘No. We don’t do it that way.’

Pope wrote in his tribute. “Others coached longer. Others were more inventive. No one — no one — came close to Shula in integrity of approach.”

Doncabesa
    Participant

“Never,” Little said. “One time, I think we were playing the Raiders, we practiced at their facility. Someone (on the Raiders) left their game plan in the locker room and somebody gave it to Coach. (Shula’s response was), ‘No. We don’t do it that way.’

Pope wrote in his tribute. “Others coached longer. Others were more inventive. No one — no one — came close to Shula in integrity of approach.”

:dry: :dry: :dry:

RedSeat
    Participant

Shula had the same response when a black couple tried to eat at one of his restaurants.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Chuck Turner will not be down to receive any more “preacher’s handshakes”.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That includes value players playing for other teams, so including Jimmy and Jacoby and whoever else? Actually, Jimmy may not have played that much. How much of Seattle is Wilson?

Wilson is just 98 points. The gap between the Seahawks and Pats is over 200. Tom Brady’s career CarAV is 175, to give you some idea of the distance. The Seahawks have four players in Wilson, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman, and Earl Thomas who have more CarAV than New England’s highest draft pick, Rob Gronkowski at 69 (nice!) CarAV.

The Pats seem to have a lot of players who they let go and who are earning value while playing for other teams. From the ones who never caught on here like Halapio and even Ted Larsen to the Chandler Jones and Logan Ryans who left after some distinguished times here to the Jimmy Gs and Brissetts who were traded at a critical point.  In any case most of those garner extra draft capital in a way that feeds back into the machine.

Humphrey
    Participant
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Don Imus won’t be down to embezzle funds for his “ranch” bitch slap the ho pimp his wife’s career have breakfast.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I wonder if the kicker from Memphis will come out early. 6-6 on field goals today. 48, 37, 44, 51, 41, 42

Yahtzee
    Participant

Eff Ohio State.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s the problem with having Herbstreit calling this game.  That was as clear of a targeting call you’ll ever see – yet nothing from OSU grad Herbstreit.  Good riddance to that player.

GusChiggins
    Participant

That’s the problem with having Herbstreit calling this game. That was as clear of a targeting call you’ll ever see – yet nothing from OSU grad Herbstreit. Good riddance to that player.

I thought that Young’s play was the really dirty one. He’s always looking for the camera. Easier than most on OSU to dislike.

Coma
    Participant

It’s nice to know that Breer probably broke something in his home on that INT.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The espn skycast thingy with no announcers was great.

Humphrey
    Participant

I’d rather they lost in a scenario where Clemson was in a position to run out the clock and kick a chip shot field goal; no reason with 11 minutes left not to try and go up three.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Flipped over to the Lions game – boy Matt Patricia has put on some weight.

Dolphins aren’t going to go down easy today.

Humphrey
    Participant

…3 of the worst offensive series you’ll see in a season of bad offensive series.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Seem to be a lot of overthrows by Brady today.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Probably be a cheap ticket next weekend.

Maybe this can be the clunker instead of a first round exit.

Humphrey
    Participant

Probably be a cheap ticket next weekend.

Maybe this can be the clunker instead of a first round exit.

I bet BB wishes he didn’t concede the end of the first half. This team bungles enough possessions that they don’t need to give up any.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Just got back from taking my daughter to see The Nutcracker. What’d I miss?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Just got back from taking my daughter to see The Nutcracker. What’d I miss?

A nutcracker

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

I saw a tweet that said the Pats had never lost at home to a team with at least 10 losses. That cant be correct, can it?

jforb
    Participant

Might be, 67 Bills and 75 Jets were the only two teams that they’ve lost to at home after week 10 that finished with 10 or more losses. They’ve only lost 10 games total plus today at home after week 10 to any team with a losing record in franchise history.Pfref

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar