Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/26/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 49 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty, in so many words, calling for LA Rams to intentionally lose next week.

The most interest development, to me, is the battle for the third and fourth seeds in the NFC. The Rams have a tough game against the surging Niners on Sunday; Jimmy Garoppolo has won four in a row since taking the starting quarterback job. If I were Sean McVay, I wouldn’t play that game like the seventh game of the World Series. I’d rather be the fourth seed in the NFC than third. A divisional weekend game at likely second seed Minnesota shapes up to be a tougher game than at top seed Philadelphia, based on what we’ve seen in two weeks of Nick Foles in relief of the injured Carson Wentz. It’ll be interesting to see how the Rams play that game.

Participant

More from the Latte Lover:

“Roger Goodell needs to summon NFL officiating czar Al Riveron into his office this week and tell him to stop playing God.”

Grass?  Apparently during the 30 times you claimed to have watched it you never realized it was on turf.

“and there is no way you could see whether Benjamin’s foot lost contact with the grass before he gained possession of the ball.”

Um Peter, when Roger does something for the “good of the game” he generally fucks things up to a TCF level Farethewell.

“That’s why Goodell has to step in, and right now. For the good of the game”

D’Andre Hopkins is Pete’s Offensive Player of the week and as always, Pete’s logic is solid.

“I know. Two catches, 41 yards in a dispiriting 34-6 loss to Pittsburgh. But there has not been a more difficult catch in the NFL this season than the 3-yard touchdown catch he made in the lost cause of a game Monday evening in Houston.”

The tightest 37-16 game ever played.

“Flowers came up huge in a game against Buffalo that was closer than the score (37-16) indicated.”

Rules and fines are for the Patriots only.

“Regarding Adam Schefter’s report that there are teams that believe Aaron Rodgers should be declared a free agent by the league because the Packers abused injured-reserve rules: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.”

What about media members who did something crummy Pete?  Did you warn the kids about guys who take a leak outside a frat house at Ohio State and think it’s ok?  Guys who may or may not steal a cab?

“When my children were young, they were sports fans, and I wanted to be sure that if they rooted for specific players, these players were good people as well, because I didn’t want them to be disappointed one day if their heroes did something crummy”

He’s beyond a weirdo.

Kevin
    Participant

Uhh, okay.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

First off Miguel who cares. I turned off his retweets bc his work must have a policy that you can retweet but not type a tweet on company time.

chicowalker
    Participant

Good to see that fatty was counting stairs and timing shit while his one year old grandson was climbing.  I’d leave my kid with MS-13 before this cretin

chicowalker
    Participant

what does he tweet besides shit about the salary cap, which, uh, who gives a fuck?

Participant

A Bill Polian Colts selection if memory serves.

“Somebody in Boston got the refs on the payroll. Y’all paying them big money out here. Still ain’t going to win, though.” — Bills DE Jerry Hughes, as he entered the locker room, per ESPN.

It’s nice to hear from the ThanksDad Distaff Division for a change.

First the Steelers and now the Bills. What a bunch of BS. These calls are out of control and taking the enjoyment out of watching these games

Imma have to fight someone over that call lmaooo is that a joke u could see the black come up

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  02062.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“When my children were young, they were sports fans, and I wanted to be sure that if they rooted for specific players, these players were good people as well, because I didn’t want them to be disappointed one day if their heroes did something crummy” He’s beyond a weirdo.

Somewhere in New Jersey, 1986:

“Ow! Daddy!! That hurt!!!”

“Now listen here, Mary Beth: each time you cheer after Lawrence Taylor sacks someone, I will turn the voltage up 20 watts.”

“No, please, daddy! Don’t make me cheer for Harry Carson!”

“Watt … now there’s a name for a football hero. Maybe one day.”

Lefty

For the sake of discussion, if you’re the Bills and you were so mentally damaged by what you feel was a bad call on that TD/non TD play that in response you go out and get outscored 24 – 3 in the second half, you really need to be looking in the mirror and not at the refs.   It wasn’t the last play of the game and it didn’t cost you a win.  There was a whole half of football left in a tie game.   Toughen up, Mary.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

“Part ways” :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Participant

No offense Brandin, but I like R. Lee Ermery and Kubrick’s version a lot better.

chicowalker
    Participant

only twice(!) in the last 30 years has the NFL coach of the year gone to the coach of the team that won the tital. :ohmy:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Arians’ cap, however, has signed a new, four-year contract with the Popes.

Kevin
    Participant

Would love to see the QB Whisperer crash and burn with Eli in NY.

Participant

Coach Kangol would be a huge hit with the folks in the press box for either Jersey team.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If Hue Jackson stays on with the Browns, he’d be the odds on favorites for coach of the year next year since the team is so easily improvable. Competent QB play, return of injured players, infusion of draft talent, don’t repeat historical red zone turnover rate. 8-8 neighborhood, COTY contender.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I would feel good that the overrated pusbag Arians is out on his ass, if I didn’t think he’d shortly show up somewhere else to continually irritate the piss out of me.

Lebron
    Participant

These assholes constantly crow about review – it has to be indisputable evidence to overturn and that wasn’t indisputable.  Yes, it was.  Just like the Road Dogg Jesse James* dropping that pass last week.  And hey, maybe if you took some of those millions and put them into pylon cameras and other video equipment you’d have even more angles such that lack of indisputable evidence wouldn’t exist.

*Wanted to throw that in there just so I could say “Oh you didn’t know?  Well your ass better call somebody!”

Lebron
    Participant

To me what’s more egregious is when I hear a referee say “the play is not reviewable.”  Why isn’t it reviewable, because of some stupid arbitrary rule that the particular play in question can’t be reviewed to ensure it was called correctly, why wouldn’t you want that?  Fucking stupid.  As I heard a particular coach once say, you should be able to challenge anything.

Lebron
    Participant

What’s worse is when I hear Jeff fucking Triplette say it, because you know he’s thinking thank christ that isn’t reviewable because I’m sure I totally fucked it up.

Participant

Dino’s in town time to for Mut to break out the rusty trombone apparently.

WEEI originals: Our 2017 Christmas carols

Subjected myself to the Ryan/Shaughnessy podcast, and the first 15-20 minutes are just what you’d suspect: backpatting, bitching about today’s media landscape, and reciprocal justification of what they consider their responsibilities as columnists. If they had one more guy, it’d be a circle jerk. They hit on all the inconsequential things you’d expect: the Steelers non-catch, Guerrero, Garoppolo (“Bill never wanted to do that trade, ” Shank declared), etc.

Then Donnie Wahlberg of all people called in, and put the two old farts to shame. There was more informed, objective discussion of actual competition and strategy in just one minute of Wahlberg’s call than in all the rest of the podcast. He was talking about time of possession, strategy during timeouts, situational awareness, and refs’ disparity in calling hands to the face.  He knew his shit a little.

And the beauty of it was how fawning Ryan and Shank were. Here’s this celebrity, and whose restaurant where they’re doing the podcast, and they were all buddy-buddy with him and never disagreeing with him. But he represents everything they just spent the previous 20 minutes saying they hate: fanboys who think they can come right in and do their jobs. But Wahlberg did EXACTLY that! He rendered them extinct in a matter of 10 minutes, and they didn’t even know he was doing it to them.

Ryan changed the subject to the Wahlbergers that was opening in Pittsburgh. And Shank namedropped talking to Wahlberg’s brother Paul the day before. And Ryan closed with, “Donnie, how ’bout them Celtics?” Again, back to stuff the old fossils consider consequential.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete has got to be the most self righteous asshole of all time.

But Riveron has tried in one season to make officiating perfect. Officiating cannot be perfect. There are some times you simply have to say, Correcting a 50-50 call is not what replay was intended for.

So you shouldn’t strive to get all the calls right.  That’s too hard. Of course he’s a baseball fag so naturally big on ‘intent’ of rules, as he alone sees it.  These fucking people.

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Signing him would be worth it, just for me laughing my balls off at the anticipated Yinzer reaction.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar