Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/27/2017 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 39 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

John Dennis!
    John Tomase!
    Rob Bradford!

The gifts keep on coming.

chicowalker
    Participant

Professional writer-

Unless he quite literally has fallen off a gridiron cliff in the past 12 months—and at this age, that’s certainly possible—the 2016 Harrison was pretty good

Not just literally, but quite literally.  Also, figuratively

Feejis
    Participant

I assume he’ll use him for 10-12 snaps a game as a pass rusher, if at all.

Then we will get stories about why they made such a big deal about signing a guy they never use.

RedSeat
    Participant

I assume he’ll use him for 10-12 snaps a game as a pass rusher, if at all. Then we will get stories about why they made such a big deal about signing a guy they never use.

Coming in February:
    This move once again shows the arrogance of Belichick, trying to win with castoffs, just to prove he’s smarter than everyone else. Once again, it blew up in his face as Harrison was a healthy scratch for the Super Bowl, a 27-17 Patriots win, in which they recorded zero sacks.

Participant

Professional writer- Unless he quite literally has fallen off a gridiron cliff in the past 12 months—and at this age, that’s certainly possible—the 2016 Harrison was pretty good Not just literally, but quite literally. Also, figuratively

So classy, Art Rooney made sure he sent flowers to every dead lineman. – “One of the classiest organizations in sports, releasing a great warrior two days before Christmas. No team embraces tradition like the Steelers. The decision seemed … odd and surprisingly unfeeling.”

A chance to dump on the Patriots – . “Other than that, they’re stunningly thin on the edge with players who can rush the passer entering the playoffs. It’s amazing New England has left itself so bare at one of the most important factor positions in football.”

Because, I’m a dummy – “I know this: If the Steelers and Patriots meet in the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 21 in Foxboro, and Harrison is one of the 46 active Patriots, CBS had better have about nine cameras iso’d on Harrison every time he steps on the field.”

“Left itself so bare” – as if they planned for Ninkovich to retire, Ealy not to work out, and for Hightower, McClellin, Rivers and Langhi to get injured.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

“Left itself so bare” – as if they planned for Ninkovich to retire, Ealy not to work out, and for Hightower, McClellin, Rivers and Langhi to get injured.

Fatty seems a little bit fuller of shit than usual the past few weeks, which is amazing when you consider the starting point.

Humphrey
    Participant

I just saw Ealy’s stats with the Jets- 1 sack in 14 games.

Lebron
    Participant

The Floyd signing was worth that lay out block that freed Edelman in Miami.   That’s all any of this shit is, if a guy like that can make a play or 2, it’s gravy.

Participant

According to the Post, Fatty has returned to Manhattan where he lives from Hello ‘Frisco

Enormous penis pops up in NYC

Wait, what?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

John Dennis!

John Tomase!

Rob Bradford!

Dennis apparently walked out mid-show.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Breer is delusional

What NFL Scouts and Execs Said About My Latest Mock Draft

Gladys, hold all my calls and get a pot of Sanka going, I need to read up on a mock draft and provide commentary.  Actually working on evaluating talent and looking at a waiver wire?  Who has time for that!

From Fatty’s mailbag:

“They’re stunningly thin on the edge with players who can rush the passer entering the playoffs. It’s amazing New England has left itself so bare…”

Fatty on D&H yesterday:

“Well, I think what the Steelers saw is they had some developing young pass rushers that they liked better than James Harrison, and I don’t, it’s not a shock, if you’ve got guys in your front seven, young guys, especially of the caliber of Bud Dupree, T.J. Watt and those guys…”

Dupree and Watt combined: 12 sacks, 64 tackles, 20 assists. Flowers and Wise combined: 11.5 sacks, 57 tackles, 27 assists
    Now Fatty could have cited Heyward, who has 12 sacks by himself, but he didn’t. He cited the “developing young pass rushers” on Pittsburgh. New England has “developing young pass rushers”, too; they just didn’t spend first round picks on them, so they don’t carry enough pedigree to catch Fatty’s eye.
    2017 Cap hits:
    Watt: $1.68M
    Dupree $1.67M
    Flowers $540K
    Wise $608K

Feejis
    Participant

Pats are square in the upper middle of the pack when it comes to sacks. They have 38, ties with Seattle for 12th in the league.

Chargers are 5th with 41 and 6 teams have 40. Jax, Pit, Carolina and Rams are the top with 52-48 respectively.

Edit – also they had 34 as a team last year. Since sacks appear to be the end all be all of effective defensive play.

They’re obviously thin on the edge else they wouldn’t have signed Harrison. But they always have a plan that’s a mix of vets and young guys, and with a proportional cap allotment. I’m sure they would have loved for Long to return, but he want to play in a different scheme.

It’s no reach to say their moves at the position didn’t work out as planned. But they did actually have a plan.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody know this rule. There is no goaltending if the ball wouldn’t count.

Suns rely on little-known rule to slam Grizzlies in final second

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Hacksaw
    Participant

To get more out of Harrison have him line up at tight end.

That will ruin the spirit of the game.

We don’t need any reminders to hate Tomase, but he keeps giving us ammunition nonetheless.

Caller starts in on Tomase about Spygate, Tomase responds, “I think they probably need to look in the mirror. I think there’s been plenty since then.”

Plenty since Spygate says the guy who printed a hearsay rumor as fact.

Yahtzee
    Participant

John Dennis!

John Tomase!

Rob Bradford!

Dennis apparently walked out mid-show.

Perfect.

Ironhead
    Participant

We don’t need any reminders to hate Tomase, but he keeps giving us ammunition nonetheless. Caller starts in on Tomase about Spygate, Tomase responds, “I think they probably need to look in the mirror. I think there’s been plenty since then.” Plenty since Spygate says the guy who printed a hearsay rumor as fact.

Stop it.  He didn’t say that.

Please tell me he didn’t, because I’m going to go fucking nuclear on him if he did and I planned on today being a Hate Bedard day.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I see a headline that Thomas tired of being asked about the Boston trade.

Umm, then say no comment instead of complaining about something new each time you’re asked.

Lebron
    Participant

Or do the “I’ll talk about it this one time” deal like Mike Corleone.

Participant

Dino walks out – that’s a show.

Cheer or boo IT – that’s another show.

InThisTown
    Participant

Anybody know this rule. There is no goaltending if the ball wouldn’t count. Suns rely on little-known rule to slam Grizzlies in final second

That’s kind of conflating two things. One is that in the judgement of the official the shot has the physical potential to go in – similar to catchable pass for pass interference. That’s a judgement call. This was not a judgement call. There first needs to be a legal touch and THEN the ball must enter the cylinder and be illegally touched. This ball could not legally count and the location of the touch occurring in the cylinder is irrelevant.

Doncabesa
    Participant

We don’t need any reminders to hate Tomase, but he keeps giving us ammunition nonetheless. Caller starts in on Tomase about Spygate, Tomase responds, “I think they probably need to look in the mirror. I think there’s been plenty since then.” Plenty since Spygate says the guy who printed a hearsay rumor as fact.

Stop it. He didn’t say that. Please tell me he didn’t, because I’m going to go fucking nuclear on him if he did and I planned on today being a Hate Bedard day.

If I was handed a gun and told I could kill one person with it and not get in trouble no matter who it was…. I think I’d go with him over Putin or Trump

Lefty

Anybody know this rule. There is no goaltending if the ball wouldn’t count. Suns rely on little-known rule to slam Grizzlies in final second

I’ll hold my breath waiting for all the articles and headlines about the Suns cheating and not following the spirit of the game.

More likely we’ll all be treated to a series of stories about how brilliant that coach is for knowing the rule.  You know, the same way it is for the Pats when they know the rules and no one else does.

Lebron
    Participant

Tomlin openly speculating on whether he’ll play or rest starters.  Reid starting Mahomes.  Brother John worrying about attendance.  Sure they could lose to one of these teams in January but what a collection of look at me assholes worrying about the wrong things.

Lebron
    Participant

Watched that Phoenix coach post game talking about how he’s had that play for 15 years and it was some huge secret but hey the cat’s out of the bag now.  Meanwhile Bill runs his couple of plays he saw in college games and hey they might have trouble with these and he’s some smug know it all smarter than you deceptive spirit of the rule breaking gargantuan asshole of the universe.

Humphrey
    Participant

That’s kind of conflating two things. One is that in the judgement of the official the shot has the physical potential to go in – similar to catchable pass for pass interference. That’s a judgement call. This was not a judgement call. There first needs to be a legal touch and THEN the ball must enter the cylinder and be illegally touched. This ball could not legally count and the location of the touch occurring in the cylinder is irrelevant.

I think I understand.   Because the “shot” came from out of bounds, it’s not a shot that can count if it goes in the hoop.   So it can be touched because the goaltending rule only pertains to shots.   Same thing as if the defense hit the ball instead of the offense…would not be 2 points.

Kevin
    Participant

Bradford was like, “Well John put on his scarf and grabbed his satchel, I guess he means it!” :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

I think I understand. Because the “shot” came from out of bounds, it’s not a shot that can count if it goes in the hoop. So it can be touched because the goaltending rule only pertains to shots. Same thing as if the defense hit the ball instead of the offense…would not be 2 points.

Yes throw-ins aren’t shots and the defense can grab it from the cylinder.

Humphrey
    Participant

I remember 4-5 years ago one of these Pinstripe Bowl games was played on a similar day…field is not set up like an NFL stadium with underground heaters, etc…

Perhaps that’s changed but I’m expecting a pretty hard and slippery surface.

Big Fat O
    Participant

EEI decided to subject us with the twink and Suckley talking about the Queen stomping out this AM.

Feejis
    Participant

Sunday to be coldest Pats game in this era?

Participant

EEI decided to subject us with the twink and Suckley talking about the Queen stomping out this AM.

It’s a great lead in to Meter and the pinstripe bowl

jforb
    Participant

Tits playoff game but otherwise looks it unless you’re not limiting to home games which may add 2005 AFC championship game.

Humphrey
    Participant

Sunday to be coldest Pats game in this era?

Supposed to beat 4 degrees, -10 wind chill vs the Tennessee Tuxedos in 2003-4?

Humphrey
    Participant

So what was the reason for Dennis’ hissy fit?    I’m sure the odds are no worse than 50/50 it was staged no matter what it was about.

So what was the reason for Dennis’ hissy fit? I’m sure the odds are no worse than 50/50 it was staged no matter what it was about.

Tomase interrupted him.

Feejis
    Participant

Cold enough for ya?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar