Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/30/2019-1/5/2020 Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Bring on the Titans and 2020.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Happy bye week!

Er, let’s break down those Titans!

NASCL
    Participant

Surely Belichick is leaving for his dream job, now that it is open.

3 users thanked author for this post.

No surprise that Fatty is unaware the Ravens just broke a 41-year-old NFL team record. He was more focused on trying to get the schedule-makers to make next year’s opener Lamar Jackson  vs. Joe Burrow, regardless of which team drafts him.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

I fvcking hate the globe and by extension their baseball team.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Surely Belichick is leaving for his dream job, now that it is open.

Speaking of Dream Jobs, the Browns have requested permission to speak with Ohio native Josh McDaniels.

That doesn’t seem attractive to me, but who knows?

Participant

Look out Bootleg Barnicle, a new “every man” is emerging.

“I’ve had it with Airbnb. Overpriced, photographically misleading, and did I mention overpriced and photographically misleading? The problem is, my daughter lives in a hotel-poor neighborhood, and it you want to be close/walking-distance, you delve into Airbnb. The hosts have been fine people, and no one forced me to rent the places I’ve rented in the neighborhoods around Laura’s home. But I’ve learned my lesson after another exceedingly meh rental: Give us hotels and a drive, or give us couches in her apartment.”

Apologies to Steve and his friends, but fvck off.

From Steve Savarese: “Having grown up in Boston with McDonough, Fitzgerald, Montville, Gammons, Ryan, Whiteside, Powers, Rosa and Collins, I’ve had the pleasure of reading some of the best ever on a daily basis. As a regular reader of yours for the past 30 years, it is quite easy to say that you are included in that group”

jforb
    Participant

This a question about Brady or just PK thinking PK things?

The Patriots will play two games in the new SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles next year, visiting both the Chargers and Rams.

I wonder who will be quarterbacking the Chargers when the Patriots come to town.

jforb
    Participant

Good job editor

It might be smart for Houston to bring in competition for Brissett, due to make $15 million in cash next season, either in the form of a high draft pick or top backup.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

WordPress keeps eating my posts.  A not-so-subtle hint that I should up my game? :lol:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Maybe we’ve been having eight- or ten-page weekly threads all along, but WordPress consumes 50 percent of everyone’s posts.

chicowalker
    Participant

Fatty again eavesdropping and printing the contents.  One of these times he is going to get caught and tuned up, right?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by chicowalker.
    Coma
    Participant

No surprise that Fatty is unaware the Ravens just broke a 41-year-old NFL team record. He was more focused on trying to get the schedule-makers to make next year’s opener Lamar Jackson vs. Joe Burrow, regardless of which team drafts him.

Somewhere in the Kansas City area, Patrick Mahomes wipes away a tear.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Chad O’Shea ANY INTRIST?!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Neil Innes won’t be down to gambol through the forest with the King of the Britons (also dead) and Brave Sir Robin. :-(

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I am so jealous of NY Jets fans of the Manish Mehta burner account story. I wish it was happening to one of our deserving mediots.

Coma
    Participant

I am so jealous of NY Jets fans of the Manish Mehta burner account story. I wish it was happening to one of our deserving mediots.

Guys like Shank and Bedard are too lazy to do something like that. Plus, it would kill them to even pretend to defend the Patriots. Someone like Volin is too simpleminded to pull off a burner account. I’m guessing the Globe IT department has to unlock his personal account on a regular basis.

Lefty

Thank God media friend and all around good guy Riverboat Ron Rivera is back among the coaching fraternity.   Our long national nightmare is over.   I can’t wait for his insightful commentary on the “Redskins” name.

Coma
    Participant

Thank God media friend and all around good guy Riverboat Ron Rivera is back among the coaching fraternity. Our long national nightmare is over. I can’t wait for his insightful commentary on the “Redskins” name.

We’re all familiar with the waste of time that is the “Is it Brady? Or is it Belichick?” debate. Now, we get to find out if it was Cam or if it was Riverboat Ron. Cam was drafted the same year Rivera became the Panthers head coach and there hasn’t been and “11-5 with Cassel” season. If the Redskins don’t find a good QB, we could be watching Rivera on a pregame show by 2023.

Lefty

Ron is bringing in John of the River to be his D Coordinator.   Enough faux tough guy mojo for two teams.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ron is bringing in John of the River to be his D Coordinator. Enough faux tough guy mojo for two teams.

Just barely missed having to google that.

Lebron
    Participant

That Pete commentary on AirBnB is perfectly him.  What a dickface.  Hotels are just as much of a ‘that’s not what it looked like online!’ crapshoot except you get points if you are into that sort of thing.  I like that the daughter gives him the ‘no room at the inn’ treatment.

Lebron
    Participant

People screaming about the worst home loss ever or whatnot from Sunday must have forgotten that Eagles game 4 years ago that cost them the 1 seed.  ’02 they had those losses to Green Bay and maybe Denver that one could say cost them the playoffs.  ’08 had a tough loss to the Jets in OT that would have won them the division had they won, Pittsburgh that year too.  Heck I still remember a couple of nut crushers at home in ’79 and ’80 that cost those 10-6/9-7 teams playoff trips.  One was to Buffalo if memory serves when the Bills really blew.  Don’t get me wrong, it sucked that they lost that game and in the fashion that they did, but it’s not unprecedented in team let alone NFL history.  Heck the Bengals went to Baltimore a couple of years ago for the last game and converted a 4th down play, for a TD I think, that cost Brother John the playoffs.

Lebron
    Participant

Happy New Year everyone, hope you got your Oriental err Chinese food order in!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar