Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/30/2019-1/5/2020 Discussion Thread

Viewing 22 posts - 76 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Music City Miracle time

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That’s that. Unleash the army of screaming ninnies!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Edelman will get the brunt of it.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Edelman will get the brunt of it.

Nah, I think people have been loading up for years to dump on Belichick and Brady. If Edelman is mentioned the words “our only weapon” will probably be attached.

Meanwhile I’m sure there’ll be 10 trillion mentions of trading a 2nd for Sanu and drafting Damian Harris and JoeJuan instead of Mor Weaponz.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I just unfollowed a Sanu commentor. God forbid they tried to address something mid season.

It was quite obvious 6-8 weeks ago this team was not super bowl material. These fanz can’t see that this proves out again how amazing it is to have won 6 times.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I had the realization recently that winning yet another Super Bowl this year would not have brought any additional joy to my life that the first six hadn’t already brought. However, watching another team win the Super Bowl this year will probably irk me greatly. This season was all about spite rooting against the other 31 teams to varying degrees.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

I had the realization recently that winning yet another Super Bowl this year would not have brought any additional joy to my life that the first six hadn’t already brought. However, watching another team win the Super Bowl this year will probably irk me greatly. This season was all about spite rooting against the other 31 teams to varying degrees.

This. I hate so many teams that I’m bound to be unhappy even though I’m not devastated that my team lost. I guess I dont hate the Titans and I wouldn’t mind seeing Jimmy G win.

Coma
    Participant

Regarding the Sanu trade, I see people saying “Look at Manny Sanders tearing it up in SF. We could have had him.” This the fantasy football/Madden roster building thinking where  people believe you can just acquire whatever player you want, ignoring that maybe Denver didn’t want to send Sanders to New England, no matter what compensation was offered.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

However, if the Pats have a few mediocre years and everyone writes the team off as also-rans, Brady and maybe Belichick retires, if the Pats then have a shock Super Bowl win behind Jarrett Stidham or something, that would bring me unbridled glee.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

While they are enjoying their victory lap now, there’s going to be a “Wait. What do we talk about now?” moment for the local mediots. Then it will sink in that their material for January is gone, along with a trip to the Super Bowl.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Root for chaos from here on out.

Fvked up officiating  calls, whatever it takes.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Social media has destroyed the ability to root for other teams. For example, I can’t say there’s anybody I hate on the Seahawks, but their fans are such fucking jackasses, I can’t help but wish them pain. I was thinking the same about the Bills yesterday. And I’m hoping today’s the day all the asshole bandwagon Pats fans find a new frontrunner. Problem is they come right back as soon as the Pats are back in the hunt again.

So today I’m rooting for the longshot Vikings. There’s nobody related to that team or fanbase that’s pissed me off as a Pats fan. Yet.

Humphrey
    Participant

The Eagles/Seahawks is a tough one. I think I want Philly gone more, especially since there’s only a slim chance of there being another game this year in Seattle with all their 12th man bullshit.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Last night’s loss just makes me appreciate 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 and 2018 even more. When Brady says how hard it is to win in the NFL, he’s not blowing smoke. I’m with Norwood; I’m rooting for the NFL to puke all over its shoes from now through next month’s Soupey.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I’d root for Jimmy G but there are already people on the ‘see Bill ever wanted to trade him’ bandwagon. What we really see is that winning a super bowl means nothing. No one cares about the last Super bowl, what are you doing for me right now?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Yikes – Troy Aikman is wearing Archie Bunker’s recliner. Back me up, Suzy.

jforb
    Participant

Shouldn’t there be a penalty on Bridgewater for running down the field on that not a fumble?
    Ed: since the knee was down there was no play so no I guess

Yahtzee
    Participant

They call offensive PI on Gronk for that.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Gimp
    Participant

Kirk Cousins goes into New Orleans and beats the Saints?

:blink:…OK

Coma
    Participant

I have to give credit to Brees: All time leader in passing yards, all time leader in passing TDs and now the first two time Fairness Bowl participant. OOTG.

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t see much of a dropoff between Philly with Wentz and Philly without Wentz.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Jimmy G, Brees, Rogers would have done no better than Brady this year. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you have no one to throw it to. Double Edelman and what are the options. If the team had Brown and Gordon playing at a high level and Brady can’t get them the ball then you can say he’s all done. Give him adequate receivers I still take him over everyone else.

Viewing 22 posts - 76 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar