Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/5/2018 Daily Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Nothing much going on right now so I’ll start.

I thought that last offseason when Josh McD spurned the Colts that that was it, he was a lifer. So I’m surprised there are rumors of him going to Green Bay, both that’d he’d be interested in presiding over Rodgers decline and that Green Bay would be interested in him given how he left Indy hanging. We’ll see if anything actually comes from it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

What an ahole take

Well, Patriots fans better hope that last night’s 5-0 loss by the Bruins to the Florida Panthers was not a precursor of things to come for their football team…
    The Bruins looked disinterested, didn’t play much defense and got run over by the Panthers.
    Sounds pretty much like every Patriots performance in South Florida — and their showings on the road this season.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

For all of the Green Bay is so cool all the nostalgia they’re publicly owned bullshit I wonder if some of that is a turn off for non first time coaches, specifically the lack of any real ownership structure.  It’s some guy who doesn’t actually own the team.  You’re supposed to answer to that person?  And that CEO guy is always sticking his beak into whatever you’re doing or want to do.  Who the fuck is he to be telling you what’s what?  At least Drunken Irsay or Bowlen actually owned the team.  And you can’t sign any free agents of consequence.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

The not Davey Boy Smith half of The British Bulldogs will not be down for Shank Jr’s 7th year anniversary of getting lugged.

Hacksaw
    Participant

For all of the Green Bay is so cool all the nostalgia they’re publicly owned bullshit I wonder if some of that is a turn off for non first time coaches, specifically the lack of any real ownership structure. It’s some guy who doesn’t actually own the team. You’re supposed to answer to that person? And that CEO guy is always sticking his beak into whatever you’re doing or want to do. Who the fuck is he to be telling you what’s what? At least Drunken Irsay or Bowlen actually owned the team. And you can’t sign any free agents of consequence.

The Packers…a team owned by white people for white people!

Coma
    Participant

Nothing much going on right now so I’ll start.

I thought that last offseason when Josh McD spurned the Colts that that was it, he was a lifer. So I’m surprised there are rumors of him going to Green Bay, both that’d he’d be interested in presiding over Rodgers decline and that Green Bay would be interested in him given how he left Indy hanging. We’ll see if anything actually comes from it.

How can McDaniels even be considered as a candidate? After he backed out of the Colts job, I remember reading from multiple “experts” that Josh had made a career killing mistake, that he would never, ever sniff a head coaching job again. I guess the people who actually make those kind of hiring decisions don’t read the same articles.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The not Davey Boy Smith half of The British Bulldogs will not be down for Shank Jr’s 7th year anniversary of getting lugged.

Hearing how Jacque Rougeau paid the Dynamite Kid a receipt is a pretty good story.

In short the The Dynamite Kid was a bully in the lockerroom, he picked on Rougeau one too many times. The Mountie clocked the Dynamite Kid out with a fist full of quarters, with intent to kill. From that point on Vince said no more bullying backstage.

Participant

Separate at birth? Dead state rep Brian Joyce

And Mike Felger’s caddy.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Speaking of ugly sports media members, and Shank, he accompanied his mail-in column today about how “George H. W. Bush was always about baseball” with a picture of himself (DAN SHAUGHNESSY COURTESY PHOTO) shaking hands with the President in 1989. The photo is taken from the side and it is NOT flattering to the (Chinless) Face of the Boston Globe. The 35-year-old Shank has a stupid look on his face, a stupid-looking tie, and the side view reveals that Shank has “negative chinnage,” a concave “chin.”  The guy can’t fold a sheet because there is no chin there.

As to the column, did you know that Poppy Bush played first base at Yale and had his picture taken with Babe Ruth and was besties with Theodore S. Williams?  And that his uncle owned part of the Mets and his son owned the Rangers?  Of course you did!

This is the insight the Globe pays a handsome six-figure salary for while their revenues and subscriber base keep circling the bowl.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Speaking of ugly sports media members, and Shank, he accompanied his mail-in column today about how “George H. W. Bush was always about baseball” with a picture of himself (DAN SHAUGHNESSY COURTESY PHOTO) shaking hands with the President in 1989. The photo is taken from the side and it is NOT flattering to the (Chinless) Face of the Boston Globe. The 35-year-old Shank has a stupid look on his face, a stupid-looking tie, and the side view reveals that Shank has “negative chinnage,” a concave “chin.” The guy can’t fold a sheet because there is no chin there.

As to the column, did you know that Poppy Bush played first base at Yale and had his picture taken with Babe Ruth and was besties with Theodore S. Williams? And that his uncle owned part of the Mets and his son owned the Rangers? Of course you did!

This is the insight the Globe pays a handsome six-figure salary for while their revenues and subscriber base keep circling bowl.

Old School Baseball, black and white photos, and showtunes= We hate getting laid club

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I saw Mrs. Shank once when Dan started at the Globe. She was pretty decent looking. Go figure.

Lebron
    Participant

I took the Shank column as HW being the most basebally President, which to me is silly when you have a President that actually owned or was involved in ownership with a major league team.  I guess it’s because he played the game.  Still dumb and lazy.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Pats have had some luck rehabbing Buffalo cast-offs. Would they kick the tires on Kelvin Benjamin?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Pats have had some luck rehabbing Buffalo cast-offs. Would they kick the tires on Kelvin Benjamin?

He’s been so bad on the field and a lazy, terrible teammate by all accounts. I’d be surprised.

Hacksaw
    Participant

He’s been so bad on the field and a lazy, terrible teammate by all accounts. I’d be surprised.

shit I hope Kraft invites OJ to a game in Foxboro.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Hacksaw.

RedSeat
    Participant

Anyone have a good handle on NFL tiebreakers? Specifically looking at the Chargers. If Patriots and Chargers both win out, they’ll both be 13-3.  Chiefs would then also have at least three losses. I think that at 13-3, the Chiefs would win the tie-breaker over Chargers, so they win the division and Patriots are the 1 seed because of the head-to-head win. But if Chiefs finish worse than 13-3 and Chargers win the division, I’m not sure what happens. Also not sure if it matters if it’s a three way tie with Houston or not.

jforb
    Participant

Here. Think it means this:
    3 way tie between Chiefs/Chargers/Pats is division tiebreaker for Chiefs/Chargers then use the 2 team wildcard for Pats/division winner. Pats/Chargers would be conference record, common games, and so on (under wild card tie breakers).
    3 way tie between Chiefs/Pats/Texans goes to the Pats because they beat both. If it’s between Chargers/Pats/Texans, apply the wildcard twice.

ed: just noticed links are actually visible again, excellent

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Providence hits a three to tie up BC and I scream “Chico!!!!!”.

Nice to see the Friars take down BC on national tv.

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Emmanuel Sanders tore his Achilles in practice today.

That’s a shame.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I took the Shank column as HW being the most basebally President, which to me is silly when you have a President that actually owned or was involved in ownership with a major league team. I guess it’s because he played the game. Still dumb and lazy.

Damn Interns!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Annie the bank teller’s role has changed and she’s in charge of the change bank in London. Lots of mushy peas for Mike. She did lose marketing so Sox seats my dry up.

Nahhhh.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar