Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/6/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 36 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  RedSeat 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Who’s excited about Jax-Tenn?

Thought so.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Who’s excited about Jax-Tenn?

Thought so.

Only if Tennessee loses.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Giants have lost 111 games that Manning has started, putting him third in NFL history for the most career losses by a starting quarterback. If the Giants lose on Sunday, Manning will move into a tie with Brett Favre for the second-most losses. Favre had a career record of 186-112, while Manning’s record is 115-111.

In another year, Manning could easily break Vinny Testaverde’s record for the most career losses for any starting quarterback. Testaverde went 90-123-1 in his career, which spanned 21 years and included stops with seven teams.

:lol: :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Laughing all the way to the bank Dion Lewis and his 1 rushing and 1 receiving td this year?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Read this morning that Amendola is hurt. Maybe B.B. isn’t that stupid after all.

NASCL
    Participant

Take a lap, Channel 25 Twitter handler.

The TWL was on fire today and no good shots. :ozzy:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

That blonde doing the traffic was nice to look at, too.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Eovaldi back with Red Sox.

Reported as 4 years, $67.5M.

7 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

I’m fine with that and they can afford it if his arm blows up immediately.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m fine with that and they can afford it if his arm blows up immediately.

I also look at it as Sale/Porcello insurance for the ensuing years if either one or neither are re-signed.  Fuck it I’d give him a $67 million bonus just for this past postseason under the ‘hey, it’s not my money’ corollary.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Ironhead
    Participant

I’m thrilled Eovaldi’s back.  I’m forever in the tank for that dude, almost as much as Paulie Hair-do (Perillo) is in the tank for his overlords on F&M.

The audio ITT posted on Twitter of Mazz suggesting Belichick is drunk at his press conferences is infuriating.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

HOW ARE THE SOX GOING TO SIGN HARPER!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I hung a ‘Gone Valuencing’ sign on my door before I left; it must have blown off during a storm.  :-(

Anyway, there’s a tin of peppermint bark in the break room.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Coma
    Participant

Take a lap, Channel 25 Twitter handler.

The TWL was on fire today and no good shots. :ozzy:

I initially read this post as TWL being fired today and I was confused and upset for a couple seconds before I re-read it.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

A couple of times today, my Quote replies have been blocked by Word Press with the alert that they may be spam. They may be juvenile, but not spam. No links or graphics involved, simply a sentence. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hey, MI. Glad you’re not dead.  :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

A couple of times today, my Quote replies have been blocked by Word Press with the alert that they may be spam. They may be juvenile, but not spam. No links or graphics involved, simply a sentence. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes.  I think someone else also mentioned it and it happened to me a couple of days ago.   Like Bill Simmons I gave up because it was too hard.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

You and me both.  :lol:

Glad the Board isn’t quite dead, either.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

NASCL
    Participant

Underrated Board moment:

Joe Gill Tweeting about being on the cusp of 2,000 followers (probably was within one or two) and then magically BSMWers unfollowing him and knocking his numbers down.  Still don’t think he ever figured that one out.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  NASCL.
    7 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

I can’t keep track of all the league’s lies – but didn’t they say they hadn’t known about the tape until last week?

Police in Cleveland have opened an internal investigation into the response to the February incident involving former Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt, the department announced Wednesday.

The department has determined following an internal review that a member of the Cleveland Division of Police provided a copy of the police report regarding the Feb. 10 assault at a downtown hotel called The Metropolitan at the 9 to a representative of the NFL back in February.

Ironhead
    Participant

Lev Bell :: Steelers ~  Major Intangibles :: BSMW

Welcome back.  Now take a lap.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I can’t reply to Laszlo’s posting about Eli’s win-loss record, but I want to add this:

It will do nothing to affect his path to the HOF, but it would please me if Eli finishes his career with the most losses by a starting QB and a record at or below .500.

Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger are close together when you look at career passing yards and TDs. Eli is way out in front, though, when it comes to career interceptions. He is 14th all time with 236 INTs, Roethlisberger is 33rd with 187 and Rivers is 45th with 172 (Brady is right behind Rivers with 168.)

BrianInLA
    Participant

Eli would only be the 2nd QB in the Hall Of Fame with a winning pct < .500. The other one is the other most overrated QB in history.

Humphrey
    Participant

Eli would only be the 2nd QB in the Hall Of Fame with a winning pct < .500. The other one is the other most overrated QB in history.

It rings hollow unless you hear Howard say his name.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well, that looks like a wrap on the Thursday night football game.

Suzy
    Participant

IAWL on USA right now!  Not sure if they’re re-broadcasting on Saturday night. Our yearly tradition may be in jeopardy!  :ohmy:

Tree Guy’s about to send George to the bridge. :lol:

In other movie news (and I’m sure our board GF/Goodfellas/Sopranos experts already know this), yesterday I learned that there is an actor who appeared in ALL THREE! Granted, he was an uncredited extra in One, but he *was* in the movie. This is a great cinematic achievement! Who can name the actor?

George about to cross over. Gotta stay up for this.

Sure, you can hear out of it!

Participant

Nick’s about to start giving out wings.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Looks like it airs again Friday the 14th at 8:00.

Suzy
    Participant

Looks like it airs again Friday the 14th at 8:00.

Cool–thanks, Yahtzee!

George’s mother about to send the poor guy over the edge. She is brutal.

” ‘MOTHER’ ? WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”  :ohmy:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Suzy.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Still not sure how Sam Wainwright made his money. Was his old man kinda rich?

Suzy
    Participant

Sam was a flim-flam man. Plus, soy beans!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

You gotta have that initial capital, though. Who was the sucker?  :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

You gotta have that initial capital, though. Who was the sucker? :lol:

Good point.  :lol:

I’ll always have a soft spot for Sam, though. Truly, George’s best friend.

We’ll have to explore this issue further on the 14th!

Lefty

Was it (ultimately) Flat Head Phil Leonardo?

Suzy
    Participant

Not Phil Leotardo aka The Shah aka Hairdo.

Good guess, though!

Humphrey
    Participant

Not Phil Leotardo aka The Shah aka Hairdo.

Good guess, though!

I’m guessin’ Beansie. Seems like the kind of guy who would fit in the wedding scene in One.

RedSeat
    Participant

I was able to pull some football-reference stuff into Excel. From 2002-2017:

• The AFC East champ has the best overall winning percentage, but only the 5th best winning percentage within the division.
    • Team’s 2-4 in the AFC East of the second best overall winning percentage, and the best winning percentage outside of the division.

If you’re looking for tomato cans, NFC West, AFC South, and NFC North is where to find them.

Combined Records 2002-17 Div Champ Teams 2-4 Div Champ Teams 2-4
    W% W% in Div W% out Div W % W% out Div W% W% in Div W% out Div W % W% out Div
    AFC East 0.773 0.781 0.769 0.445 0.478 1 5 1 2 1
    AFC North 0.717 0.833 0.647 0.432 0.469 4 1 8 4 3
    AFC South 0.715 0.823 0.650 0.411 0.445 5 2 6 7 7
    AFC West 0.723 0.792 0.681 0.423 0.454 2 4 4 5 5
    NFC East 0.703 0.719 0.694 0.452 0.476 7 7 3 1 2
    NFC North 0.713 0.797 0.663 0.416 0.446 6 3 5 6 6
    NFC South 0.721 0.740 0.709 0.442 0.468 3 6 2 3 4
    NFC West 0.676 0.719 0.650 0.397 0.414 8 8 6 8 8
    4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar