Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/9/2019 – 12/15/2019 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Fugly game so far.

Humphrey
    Participant

The Pats offensive line blows.

I’d like to see which of these guys grade well and which ones don’t.

(edit) The more the Bungles get Andy Dalton involved in what they’re trying to do the better it looks for the Pats.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Humphrey.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Thank you Dalton.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Methinks there was a stemwinder of a halftime speech.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Eli just threw his 3rd interception?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Fuckin WordPress ate my post. Basically just wanted to say I suspect that a grader would say only Thuney is playing well this year. Maybe Wynn.

Humphrey
    Participant

I made that post about Dalton after the FIRST int!

Humphrey
    Participant

4 minutes left- don’t waste a play. Practice needed.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Blough and Dalton go for NFL un-player of the week.

Yahtzee
    Participant

On to the playoffs.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Gimp
    Participant

Joe Burrow may already be Cincy’s best QB.

A road win in the AFC to clinch the playoffs. Ugly or no, I’ll take it.

Coma
    Participant

I was really disappointed with Johnathan Jones’ play on the Bengals only TD. It’s can be hard to gauge depth and distance on TV, so maybe I’m being unfair, but it looked like he played about as badly as you could. Watching it live, I thought he could go up to contest the catch. Jones didn’t do that, so I thought that he’d wrap the receiver up and keep him out of the end zone. He didn’t come close to doing that either and the Bengals player went in for a TD untouched.

I was surprised because Jones is usually much better than that. Now, I’m bummed out that he’s hurt, as well.

Coma
    Participant

Eli just threw his 3rd interception?

He’s back to .500, which is also a bummer. If Washington and Philadelphia can beat the Giants in the next two games, that will be a nice bonus to end the season.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I assume Joe Buck has a clause in his contract that forbids Fox from switching to a more competitive game.

Lefty

Color me stunned that Fox was able to get actual footage of the video Kraft Sports took even though it was at the AIR TIGHT NFL offices.   That place is SO secure and accountable.

integrity.

Humphrey
    Participant

Dak Prescott “Abner Haynesed” the coin toss election and the NFL office reversed it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

Chris Simms continuing and expanding media presence has to be a sign of the apocalypse .

Coma
    Participant

Color me stunned that Fox was able to get actual footage of the video Kraft Sports took even though it was at the AIR TIGHT NFL offices. That place is SO secure and accountable.

integrity.

Until today, I had no idea that the filming took place from behind the Bengals bench. Even if the Bengals were using hand signals (and who knows if they were) in addition to the helmet comms, you wouldn’t be able to clearly see them because the camera was filming their backs. As being able to see substitutions, you can see those on TV as well as the All 22.

If the Cardinals had an advanced scout in Cleveland last week and something similar happened, this either would have never made the news or the NFL would have cleared it up as a simple misunderstanding last Monday. It’s a complete joke that the clowns at 345 Park Ave have allowed this to fester.

jforb
    Participant

Can someone confirm Kraft Sports Productions or whatever it’s called is a separate entity from the Patriots and the idiot with the camera was under that?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

They should go all in and have someone bang on a metal garbage lid randomly on half of the offensive snaps.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Dak Prescott “Abner Haynesed” the coin toss election and the NFL office reversed it.

Jerry made a call.

Coma
    Participant

We were told a few weeks ago that it was just impossible for the Cowboys offensive line to commit two tripping penalties in one game. Today, Dallas was able to screw up properly making a choice after winning the coin toss, so maybe it is possible that they might trip pass rushers.

Coma
    Participant

In the Bills-Steelers game, the Steelers were lined up for a punt on 4th and 3. The Pittsburgh center did that same head bob that the Ravens center did against the Patriots on that opening drive FG. The Buffalo defense flinched towards the line just like the Patriots did. This time, though, the penalty was on the offense.

Coma
    Participant

One last thought as I try to push us to page 5: I saw a little bit of the end of Packers-Bears game. There was a review going on with 1:42 left in the game. I don’t know who the announcers were, but they talked for a couple minutes about what Matt Nagy could be challenging, re-watching the play and asking “Could he be challenging DPI here” then letting the play run a few seconds, and asking the same question. Finally, someone got word to them that it was inside of 2 minutes, so there are no coaches challenges and it was an official review. How do people, especially people who watch football for a living, not know the basic guidelines of the replay system? It’s been in place for more than a decade.

Lefty

Anyone know the presale code for Motley Crue at Fenway?

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar