Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/21/2016 Daily Thread

This topic contains 227 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Doncabesa
    Participant

Not a banner day for Mittens, but predictably enough he has plenty of fellow defenders in the media for his lazy work.

BSF34
    Participant

Not a banner day for Mittens, but predictably enough he has plenty of fellow defenders in the media for his lazy work.

Pass asked last night how tall he was. Someone posted a picture of him at Matt Light’s event at the Cask back in the fall. Mittens standing next to Light looks like Kevin Hart standing next to Shaq.

Wait, what?

God Shamgod
    Participant

Tale of the Tape: Breer or Volin? Who is worse at this point. I almost feel like Breer is unintentional comedy whereas Volin is a full idiot

Doncabesa
    Participant

It’s a crying shame he survived his stroke.

Kevin
    Participant

Why have Francesa’s humongous caps never bothered me before seeing that Katie Nolan clip? :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

How do we know Bowie is really dead? Has Simple Ben pulled the coroners report yet?

Lefty

<iframe id=”twitter-widget-0″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 324.219px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”690156988018200577″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>It’s a crying shame he survived his stroke.

I am headed to hell any way, but I know it is wrong that I am laughing about watching a back and forth between Neumeier, who I am imagining talking in stroke effected speech, and Dickinson, who is having a tourette’s attack at the same time.

Kevin
    Participant

<iframe id=”twitter-widget-0″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 324.219px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”690156988018200577″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>It’s a crying shame he survived his stroke.

I am headed to hell any way, but I know it is wrong that I am laughing about watching a back and forth between Neumeier, who I am imagining talking in stroke effected speech, and Dickinson, who is having a tourette’s attack at the same time.

Was watching this this morning with the sound off, and I almost got off the treadmill to take video of it with my phone.

Dickerson’s wild gesticulating over whether you’d rather have Gronk or Edelman healthy was pretty funny.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

TBH Ben is a little fella. We’ve been over this.

:lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

NASCL
    Participant

Why do people pose for pictures in funeral parlors?

NASCL
    Participant

Looks like the Rangers have signed Spaz Paille.

Lefty

Looks like the Rangers have signed Spaz Paille.

Best defense against Paille: concede the break away to him.

Mark
    Participant

Tale of the Tape: Breer or Volin? Who is worse at this point. I almost feel like Breer is unintentional comedy whereas Volin is a full idiot

Bert’s not ambitious enough to pretend to do work and get himself jammed up. He’s content to pretend to be a pseudo analyst.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  Mark.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  Mark.

Mark
    Participant

It is amusing that Ben had to be instructed to double check the facts by his editor, despite that being part of the natural process of journalism(which I think he has a masters in, albeit from a Southern school).

NASCL
    Participant

I enjoyed making fun out of him, but Paille was an effective player in his role with the Bruins.

If only he could skate and chew gum at the same time………

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

throw in Ron Borges yelling at a cloud that looks like Belichick

Lefty

I enjoyed making fun out of him, but Paille was an effective player in his role with the Bruins. If only he could skate and chew gum at the same time………

All joking aside, I think if his individual skills – skating, shot, positional, etc – were all rated individually, each would rate fairly high on their own.   He just has a maddening inability to combine them.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Pass asked last night how tall he was. Someone posted a picture of him at Matt Light’s event at the Cask back in the fall. Mittens standing next to Light looks like Kevin Hart standing next to Shaq.

At least Kevin hart is as talented as Shaq is tall.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

N,N, N,N, Sure (why not?), N,N

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Appropriately funereal lighting for the Gathering of the Undead.

Is it too much to ask for a simple tear gas bomb to be set off at moments like that?

Ed Hillel
    Participant

Mittens is thinking: “Amalie and I are the King and Queen of the Globies. That means… tonight we will have the sex!  :smile: “.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

N,N, N,N, Sure (why not?), N,N

Might want to check again.  If you look right to left it looks like you would bang Shaughnessy :puke:   :puke:

NASCL
    Participant

It’s as if you clicked on the “Meet the Staff” website tab at the Morrissey Funeral Home, 135 Morrissey Blvd, Dorchester, MA 02125

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  NASCL.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

It is amusing that Ben had to be instructed to double check the facts by his editor, despite that being part of the natural process of journalism(which I think he has a masters in, albeit from a Southern school).

I checked his Globe bio and he has an MBA from Florida. Huh?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/staff/volin

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Gimp
    Participant

That pic looks like some hack job a drunk uncle snaps at an anniversary party.  Embarrassing.

The Globe is (allegedly) a Pulitzer Prize-winning organization; they couldn’t find anyone who can take a decent picture?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar