Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/21/2016 Daily Thread

This topic contains 227 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 229 total)
  • Author

Lefty

Couldn’t remember our beef with Van Valkenburg. Knew we had one, but then was wondering if I was confusing him with that asshole Don Van Natta. But Valkenburg was quick to run with Mort’s 11 of 12 report as gospel: <iframe id=”twitter-widget-4″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 317.75px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”559889588588929025″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

BSF should tweet him again and see how he feels about his reliance on that 11 of 12 bullshit now.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

That about us thing from TBH might be the worst thing ever. Even worse then the one for my cousin. His now wife wrote it. It was all about her (she just finished a grueling grad school program!) and how she essentially wasn’t sure if my cousin was good enough for her (he was). Then she threw in a sentence about their first date. The end. It was so bad she eventually rewrote it. I’m getting married in May. I’ve made it clear there won’t be an about us section. Speaking of, anybody have some suggesting for reception songs? Sweet Caroline need not to apply.

Wow. I hadn’t zoomed in to read the actual text, I was just going by the awful headline and photo of him in a striped shirt my 6 year old would reject. That’s beyond terrible.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

I can’t believe how angry I still get re-reading those awful tweets about the “deflated” footballs. It’s been a year and it feels like it just happened yesterday. Media has learned nothing. They just keep being shitty and getting paid for it.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I find it satisfying that every new piece of info we get about Volin completely validates our opinion of him. This wedding stuff is truly awful, but nobody can say it’s surprising.

He’s exactly who we thought he was.

BSF34
    Participant

Couldn’t remember our beef with Van Valkenburg. Knew we had one, but then was wondering if I was confusing him with that asshole Don Van Natta. But Valkenburg was quick to run with Mort’s 11 of 12 report as gospel: <iframe id=”twitter-widget-4″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 317.75px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”559889588588929025″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

BSF should tweet him again and see how he feels about his reliance on that 11 of 12 bullshit now.

He may have blocked me. I’ll check later.

Wait, what?

Kevin
    Participant

That guy now seems to have turned a corner about how it was much ado about nothing.

I’m ready to run through a wall after this paragraph.

SEVERAL YEARS AGO, long before the Deflategate investigation and his fourth Super Bowl victory, Brady made it part of his pregame ritual to run onto the field for warm-ups while Jay Z’s “Public Service Announcement” blares from the speakers inside Gillette Stadium. You can tell it’s one of his favorite parts of game day by the way he pumps his fist, bounces on the balls of his feet and acknowledges the rabid Patriots fans already in the stands. Against the Chiefs, he trotted the length of the field slowly, knowing it might be his last chance to soak in the atmosphere of Gillette Stadium this season. When he reached the end zone, he roared, slashing the air with a vigorous punch. Kansas City tight end Travis Kelce, looking on from a few yards away, mocked Brady with a celebration of his own, punching the air and bobbing his head. Brady glanced at Kelce, acknowledging he had seen the gesture, but jogged away in a manner that suggested lions do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.

Kevin
    Participant

I find it satisfying that every new piece of info we get about Volin completely validates our opinion of him. This wedding stuff is truly awful, but nobody can say it’s surprising.

He’s exactly who we thought he was.

At first glance, it seems like one of those goofy collages that wives do on Facebook without your knowledge.

But the Brady-Belichick-Goodell shit at the bottom suggests that he at least helped on it.

Sofa King gay.

InThisTown
    Participant

What is clear, looking back, is not so much Brady’s definitive guilt or innocence

:rollseyes:

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

That about us thing from TBH might be the worst thing ever. Even worse then the one for my cousin. His now wife wrote it. It was all about her (she just finished a grueling grad school program!) and how she essentially wasn’t sure if my cousin was good enough for her (he was). Then she threw in a sentence about their first date. The end. It was so bad she eventually rewrote it. I’m getting married in May. I’ve made it clear there won’t be an about us section. Speaking of, anybody have some suggesting for reception songs? Sweet Caroline need not to apply.

Wow. I hadn’t zoomed in to read the actual text, I was just going by the awful headline and photo of him in a striped shirt my 6 year old would reject. That’s beyond terrible.

They made it look like the Globe, because Ben can’t deliver

Participant

@ToucherandRich 5M

Focus less on the media coverage and more on the fact that Darius Fleming is an absolute bad ass.

Coma
    Participant

I know it’s a generic template, but the headline describing Volin’s fiancé as “Cleveland’s best asset” made me laugh. Whoa, slow down with the over the top praise, Ben. She’s just a mortal woman.

She looks like a normal person, so is she a horrible judge of character, just as simple and shallow as Volin, or both?

Mark
    Participant

She looks like a normal person, so is she a horrible judge of character, just as simple and shallow as Volin, or both?

“childless Jewish girl approaching 35.” pays 2.10

BudMan
    Participant

Speaking of, anybody have some suggesting for reception songs? Sweet Caroline need not to apply.

Rains of Castamere

(Don’t google if you’re trying to stay GoT spoiler free.)

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

A Jew Broad, not prejudiced against tomato heads.

BSF34
    Participant

I know it’s a generic template, but the headline describing Volin’s fiancé as “Cleveland’s best asset” made me laugh. Whoa, slow down with the over the top praise, Ben. She’s just a mortal woman. She looks like a normal person, so is she a horrible judge of character, just as simple and shallow as Volin, or both?

As far as looks go, she’s definitely out of Ben’s league. Most likely his mental/emotional/intellectual equal.

Wait, what?

Participant

Like Newman, maybe with Ben their’s more there than meets the eye?

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

they’re selling those TB12 hats, so now I’m sure Goodell will fine him for wearing them to press conferences

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Any of the ballads off the Goodfellas soundtrack.

jforb
    Participant

I know it’s a generic template, but the headline describing Volin’s fiancé as “Cleveland’s best asset” made me laugh. Whoa, slow down with the over the top praise, Ben. She’s just a mortal woman.

Not sure mortal woman and Cleveland’s best asset are contradictory.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

“childless Jewish girl approaching 35.” pays 2.10

“dated” in college in 2004, she comes back in 2014 and they’re married by 2015 … I think we’ve got divorced woman with 3 kids looking for a sucker

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Couldn’t remember our beef with Van Valkenburg. Knew we had one, but then was wondering if I was confusing him with that asshole Don Van Natta. But Valkenburg was quick to run with Mort’s 11 of 12 report as gospel: <iframe id=”twitter-widget-4″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 325.2px; padding: 0px; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”559889588588929025″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Ahh shit. I think I was confusing him with Van Natta.

Whatever. He’s in the media so my default is he’s probably an asshole.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Speaking of assholes (with red herrings):

Major Intangibles
    Participant

What is clear, looking back, is not so much Brady’s definitive guilt or innocence

:rollseyes:

Written like he’s walking a tightrope trying not to alienate the 95% of readers that think the Snow Plow Game was also the Snow Bowl Game.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Rickky, decode this one

Annieglass Platinum Seder Plate Color: CLEAR GLASS WITH PLATINUM TRIM $242.00

Fancy high priced Seder Plate made out of aluminum and glass. I have better uses for $250.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Went back and looked at the website.  She looks exactly like you would expect.  Kind of young Suzie Essman crossed with Stan Laurel or Rajon Rondo’s chin.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar