Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/16/16 Daily Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Cold enough for ya!

BSF34
    Participant

I’m sure this will result in loss of 1st round picks and millions in fines. :dry:

The NFL is investigating the New York Giants‘ use of a handheld, two-way radio in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s 10-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, a source told ESPN’s Todd Archer, confirming a report by the New York Post.

Coach Ben McAdoo was seen using a walkie-talkie to relay plays to quarterback Eli Manning when the Giants were having problems with their headsets early in the fourth quarter. Coaches are not allowed to hold any two-way radios during a game.

Another source told ESPN the Cowboys have not filed a formal complaint with the league, but that the NFL had already begun its own investigation of the Giants’ use of handheld, two-way radios.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18287921/nfl-investigating-new-york-giants-possible-illegal-use-walkie-talkie-dallas-cowboys

Wait, what?

LJSandwich
    Participant

Drunken Breer from last night….

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/809594013791621121

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by LJSandwich.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why is it that everyone is hesitant about filing a formal complaint UNLESS its against the Pats. :ozzy:

BSF34
    Participant

Two daily threads?

Wait, what?

Coma
    Participant

Drunken Breer from last night….

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/809594013791621121

If you keep saying “I’m not drunk,” you definitely are drunk.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Two daily threads?

Dammit ref; do something!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

What office party did he go to? He’s in Boston and the plucky microsite is in New York.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Claude45
    Participant

Why is it that everyone is hesitant about filing a formal complaint UNLESS its against the Pats. :ozzy:

What’s the point if it’s against the Giants? Goodell is not going to do anything with it and now you ticked off Mara. With Mara’s stooge in charge, this will go nowhere.

Participant

Some grumbling with the press down at Gillette regarding today’s early media availability.

That’s not a shame.

Oh and Mazz has taken to breaking down the All-22 on the twitter so their’s that.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Can we get the press at Gillette to figure out what Floyd’s drink of choice is?

God Shamgod
    Participant

All these non investigations (deflategate 2.0/walkietalkie gate) leads me to the same opinion: Bob Kraft is a tremendous pussy. Guy is so needy of his suck-up owners at this point of his life that he was willing to let slide draft picks, cash, suspensions so he can still break bread w his loser fellow owners and thanks dads.

When is Tom Brady going to do a tell-all book w Curran? I really hope his scorched earth take is being saved for that.

Participant

BSF34
    Participant

???

Wait, what?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by BSF34.
    jforb
    Participant

Why is LJ using JPP as a hand model?

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Seriously they got the Giants dead to rights on this one. Bruce also posted on Twitter a report the Giants were also tuned to the same frequency as Dallas so could hear all the Cowboys plays in advance (conveniently by far Prescott’s worst game). Conclusive yet or not, isn’t that serious enough Goodell should have been signing the retainer with Wells this morning to investigate?

Kevin
    Participant

That like Jason Pierre Paul’s hand.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

A bad trace job, fucked up, out of proportion hands, a nonsense caption and strange black squiggly lines. All that is missing is a name on the collar. Vintage LJ. Love the added eye on the Bronco’s logo. :blink:

Kevin
    Participant

Dammit, jforb!!!

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The Patriots got hammered for filming signals everyone could see anyways and then, somehow (impossible) figuring them out at halftime and putting together in 15 minutes some coherent system of deciphering them in the same game and translating that to coaches calls? Yeah, okay.

Hearing the other team’s calls cuts thru all that work.

Coma
    Participant

Seriously they got the Giants dead to rights on this one. Bruce also posted on Twitter a report the Giants were also tuned to the same frequency as Dallas so could hear all the Cowboys plays in advance (conveniently by far Prescott’s worst game). Conclusive yet or not, isn’t that serious enough Goodell should have been signing the retainer with Wells this morning to investigate?

Under the “Smoke Equals Fire” doctrine that so many people like to use when making claims against the Patriots, there is no question that the Giants were listening in on the Cowboys play calling.

Strangely, though, none of the mediots who say outrageous things all the time for attention are running with this theory.

</inane LJ scribble>

It’s amazing to me that, during his podcast interview with Minihane, LJ said that it usually takes a couple of hours for him to work on the “idear” for each of his cartoons, and “about an hour” to do the cartoon itself.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I wonder if the Pats think with Floyd’s size and strength he can do some of Gronk’s seam routes? Hogan is a pretty big guy who may also be able to, but if Floyd can it would free Hogan up on those plays to do what he did when Gronk was around.

Claude45
    Participant

If the Krafts have even an ounce of self-respect, they will see what has happened the past few weeks (there has been enough evidence the last 15 years but they don’t seem to get it yet) and realize just where they stand in the league. Especially when there is no investigation, let only punishment for the Giants on this communication violations. We all seem to understand where they stand but the fact that they Krafts are still kissing ass around the League and League office is embarrassing.

I don’t think there is a scale to measure how much worse stealing plays in game is when compared to filming signals from the wrong spot to be used later. If the empty headed figurehead Mara stooge puppet ever meant he’s there to protect the integrity of the game, Goodell will do something. But he won’t. Mara won’t let him.

The quotes alone from Mara and Rooney, “Much ado about nothing” and “I agree” would drive me to the point of wanting to have them killed if I was Kraft. Two years, 10s of millions of dollars and historically draconian punishment is now much ado about nothing. Bob and Jon, the other owners laugh and shit on you when you are not around. They will allow you to do their dirty work on all the committees and continue to let you help increase their fortunes but they don’t like you and more importantly, don’t respect you.

The old guard owners shit all over you and you just apologize for being in the way. They give you an empty position on some legacy committee but you have no power or influence. I wish there was an ounce of fight in those spineless Krafts. No fight or self-respect for the Krafts from what I can see, which is a real shame.

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar