Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/4/2016 Daily Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 306 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 307 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Time to heal.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Time to heal.

Gerald Ford?

Is that you?

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

t was an unusually reflective Peyton Manning after he played a key role in the 27-20 win over San Diego that clinched home field for Denver. Quarterbacking for the first time in seven weeks, and the first time (obviously) since the Al Jazeera story linking his wife with HGH shipments, he played the final 23 minutes and moved okay on his injured foot (plantar fascia injury). More importantly, I’d estimate he threw the ball with 15 to 20 percent more zip on it than he had during the Nov. 15 Kansas City game,

did he use his Zipometer to measure the increase in zip?

Sat:
    4:35 p.m. ET: No. 5 Kansas City (11-5) at No. 4 Houston (9-7), Reliant Stadium (ESPN/ABC)
    8:15 p.m. ET: No. 6 Pittsburgh (10-6) at No. 3 Cincinnati (12-4), Paul Brown Stadium (CBS).
    Sun:
    1:05 p.m. ET: No. 6 Seattle (10-6) at No. 3 Minnesota (11-5), TCF Bank Stadium (NBC)
    4:40 p.m. ET: No. 5 Green Bay (10-6) at No. 4 Washington (9-7), FedEx Field (FOX)

that’s the first documented example of something useful in MMQB, and I only had to edit out 10000 words of meaningless fluff

e.g.

One picky point: Seattle will be playing this game at 10:05 a.m. Pacific, and a win would send the Seahawks to Carolina for another 10:05 a.m. PT game a week later. Not very favorable scheduling for the NFC champs two years running.

maybe don’t finish 6th, then your schedule would be more favorable

To a lesser degree, Lurie disliked that there wasn’t harmony in the building. He likes harmony. There are huge posters of Mother Theresa, Dr. Jonas Salk and Martin Luther King Jr., in the lobby

Why is King the only one without his earned honorific you racist. Mother Theresa did have excellent footwork on the double team.

But this move is so 2016 NFL. So precipitous. So impatient. So unlike the 2010 Lurie. He succumbed to pitchforks instead of ignoring them. Even the trigger-happy Art Modell kept Bill Belichick (20-28 in his first three years) after Belichick fired the beloved Bernie Kosar in year three. And Kelly (26-21) gets fired?

Yeah we read Curran’s column too you plagiarist

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Team X is Fatty’s lede:

‘Nobody Wants to Face the Steelers.’ Why Pittsburgh is the most dangerous team in the AFC bracket.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Whatever the coaching choice, this time, today hopefully, Haslam should do only one thing: Stand in front of his beaten-down fan base and say these words: “I—not we—I have abused your trust. And this I vow: The next general manager and the next coach will have a minimum of four years, guaranteed, to turn this team around. Those three years will happen with me standing on the outside, without interfering unless asked by them for assistance. Players and fans should know they need to get behind these two men and whomever they pick to play and coach the team, because they’ll be here through the end of the 2019 season. Guaranteed.”

4 years, then 3 years, then 4 years

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Team X is Fatty’s lede:

‘Nobody Wants to Face the Steelers.’ Why Pittsburgh is the most dangerous team in the AFC bracket.

followed by

No one wants to play the big, bad Chiefs

Nick B
    Participant

e.g. One picky point: Seattle will be playing this game at 10:05 a.m. Pacific, and a win would send the Seahawks to Carolina for another 10:05 a.m. PT game a week later. Not very favorable scheduling for the NFC champs two years running. maybe don’t finish 6th, then your schedule would be more favorable

Well, it’s a good thing that they’re playing in the Eastern Time Zone then where the starting time is 1:05 PM!

Beaker
    Participant

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Maybe Seattle should plan on playing just one game at that beastly starting time.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

raftan
    Participant

i’ve read that chip kelly has a girlfriend that works at the university of oregon. at least san francisco is the same time zone.

BSF34
    Participant

Fatty sure can pick them. :lol:

Wait, what?

God Shamgod
    Participant

4 home dog games? Is that a first in wildcard weekend?

I’m really hoping we see Houston next weekend in atrocious weather conditions. I’ll really enjoy the narrative shift to “hey this d is really good” during the 20-3 win.

Tommyfw
    Participant

Whatever the coaching choice, this time, today hopefully, Haslam should do only one thing: Stand in front of his beaten-down fan base and say these words: “I—not we—I have abused your trust. And this I vow: The next general manager and the next coach will have a minimum of four years, guaranteed, to turn this team around. Those three years will happen with me standing on the outside, without interfering unless asked by them for assistance. Players and fans should know they need to get behind these two men and whomever they pick to play and coach the team, because they’ll be here through the end of the 2019 season. Guaranteed.”

4 years, then 3 years, then 4 years

Senator Iselin heartily approves.

Mrs. Shaw-Iselin: “Johnny, you pick ONE number and stick with it!”

Tommyfw
    Participant

Even the NFL website knows that Fisher is pulling the wool over everybody’s eyes:

Jeff Fisher, St. Louis Rams: <b>By any measure, Fisher should be on the hot seat. He hasn’t delivered a winning record in four seasons with the Rams. It’s an offense-first league, and theRams‘ offense gets worse by the year. Fisher has six winning seasons in 21 years as an NFL head coach</b>, but Rapoport reported that both Fisher and general manager Les Snead are expected back. They both have strong organizational support from owner Stan Kroenke. The strong finish to this season, with three wins in four games to get 7-9, also helps. Fisher also has strong ties with reporters, which tends to keep the criticism of his team to a minimum. There isn’t going to be a fan outcry to get rid of him and the looming potential move to Los Angeles complicates things.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Fisher also has strong ties with reporters, which tends to keep the criticism of his team to a minimum.

https://i1.wp.com/cacm.acm.org/system/assets/0001/3700/103013.cnet.capt_renault.large.jpg?w=730

Kevin
    Participant

The “one and done” motherfuckers seem to be out in force today.

I assume they say that every year.

God Shamgod
    Participant

The “one and done” motherfuckers seem to be out in force today.

I’ve heard it 3x already. it’s really amazing how dim witted the human race can be.

The good news is it continues to motivate the hell out of the team. They find new and creative ways to be disrespected yet are on the most successful 15 year run in NFL history.

NASCL
    Participant

I prefer my football analysis to be from Twitter, Facebook or Loyko.

Humphrey
    Participant

Maybe Seattle should plan on playing just one game at that beastly starting time.

Or not flying back to the West Coast if they win the first game, by then the time zone factor would be nonexistent (not that it isn’t pretty much bullshit in the first place).     Plenty of decent training options within an hour flight to Charlotte, I’m sure.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Yeah, but what if Belichick tries to prove how smart he is next Saturday by only dressing 40 players? What then, kool aid drinkers?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

Someone said to me: They’re not a good team right now, it’s ok to admit it.  I’m the Biggest Fan there is, but they aren’t very good.

God Shamgod
    Participant

Someone said to me: They’re not a good team right now, it’s ok to admit it.  I’m the Biggest Fan there is, but they aren’t very good.

I read that in the cadence of a Joe Gill article. I have never felt more confident in a team going into the playoff.

Lebron
    Participant

By all means be terrified of a team that lost to the Ryan Mallett Ravens last week

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I actually agree with part of that statement.  Yesterday’s offensive team was not good.  However that is not the team we’ll see in two weeks.  Given the time to forge the most-representative O-line possible and with a healthy Edelman, Amendola two weeks healthier they should be able to put up plenty of points.   Defensively they were fine without Hightower, and Manza-Jones but it’ll be nice to get them back.  I’m amazed what a difference-maker Chung is.  He made every tackle Harmon whiffed on last week.  McCourty looked (eyetest!) a little gimpy to me so hopefully the bye does him some good.

chicowalker
    Participant

Tomato Can finale!

AFC East- 36-28  +164

AFC North 30-34 +17

AFC South 25-39 -255

AFC West 34-30 +59

NFC East 26-38 -165

NFC North 34-30 +4

NFC South 36-28 +43

NFC West 35-29 +123

AFC East tied for best record, best differential, only division with three teams .500 or better, only division with three teams with + point differential (NFC south only had Carolina)  conclusion:  The awful, I’m owed better than this Patriots were the best team in the toughest division in football this year, wire to wire.  Fanz and CHBzz can schitt in their collective bathrobes

InThisTown
    Participant

Mccourty? Overrated.  At least according to that douchenozzle Fanny Baker (likely a.paul btw) and Papa on the Pike.

Kevin
    Participant

Someone said to me: They’re not a good team right now, it’s ok to admit it. I’m the Biggest Fan there is, but they aren’t very good.

My favorite is “well, if they play like they did yesterday on the playoffs..”

No shit, idiot. If they play like crap, they’ll lose. You’re not some mighty soothsayer here.

Participant

What’s the deadline for the media to submit their “Team X” ballot?

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Play like they did yesterday? What, run up the middle every single play?

Tom Pepper
    Participant

BSF34
    Participant

Mccourty? Overrated. At least according to that douchenozzle Fanny Baker (likely a.paul btw) and Papa on the Pike.

I’m positive Fanny Baker was previously The Keicker on Twitter and DanaK from the old board. Maybe he did sneak back here as a.paul?

Wait, what?

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

so I should be betting Brian’s mortgage on the Packers and Chiefs right

Kingasaurus
    Participant

That Nantz quote fucking infuriates me.

chicowalker
    Participant

Did CHB help out with the paper route yesterday?  No way he can point to having plans (besides sleep, which I’m sure the rest of those suckers would have preferred as well).  I wonder if any of them pulled our old trick of using a quarter to empty out a box of all it’s papers and keeping the difference? :ph34r:

InThisTown
    Participant

Mccourty? Overrated. At least according to that douchenozzle Fanny Baker (likely a.paul btw) and Papa on the Pike.

I’m positive Fanny Baker was previously The Keicker on Twitter and DanaK from the old board. Maybe he did sneak back here as a.paul?

Yes.  I agree with your assessment of the various sock puppets  — all the same IMO.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Weren’t we pretty sure DanaK or TheKiecker was actually Wilbur? I gave it a more likely than not at least.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I actually agree with part of that statement. Yesterday’s offensive team was not good. However that is not the team we’ll see in two weeks. Given the time to forge the most-representative O-line possible and with a healthy Edelman, Amendola two weeks healthier they should be able to put up plenty of points. Defensively they were fine without Hightower, and Manza-Jones but it’ll be nice to get them back. I’m amazed what a difference-maker Chung is. He made every tackle Harmon whiffed on last week. McCourty looked (eyetest!) a little gimpy to me so hopefully the bye does him some good.

Manza-Jones  :lol:

Oh no you d’int!

Besides McCourty, don’t forget TBH or TEC had Tom limping into the locker room postgame like the Penguin character in Gotham.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

PapaOnThePike is such a cvnt by the way. He spends hours upon hours blasting fans/media for being anti-Patriots then as soon as things go a little wrong he’s calling them all pussies, overrated and awful. Coaching sucks too. He had Cannon as a pussy and malingerer earlier in the season for not coming back from his injury fast enough for his liking. You know, the guy who beat cancer and returned to football.

NASCL
    Participant

What’s the deadline for the media to submit their “Team X” ballot?

The AFC consists of Five Team Xs and the Patriots.

Feejis
    Participant

He looked a step or two slow yesterday, but that’s not unexpected.

InThisTown
    Participant

Weren’t we pretty sure DanaK or TheKiecker was actually Wilbur? I gave it a more likely than not at least.

Definitely not.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Definitely not.

I don’t know what I’m thinking of then.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Asked to comment on Davies’ assertion about a second source, Ari Fleischer, who is representing the Mannings, said in an email, “It doesn’t matter if Al Jazeera has one source or ten sources about Ashley. It’s meaningless.”
    “Given the fact that Peyton publicly said he never took anything sent to Ashley, and Tom Condon, Peyton’s agent, said any medication shipped to Ashley was by prescription and taken solely by her, what difference does it make about Ashley?” Fleischer said. “The only thing left to Al Jazeera’s story is an attempt to violate Ashley Manning’s medical privacy.”

It’s a non-story, it’s the wife’s fault, it was her illegal drugs

InThisTown
    Participant

“I was disappointed, because here is Al Jazeera for 25-30 years, however long they’ve been around, spewing anti-American propaganda all across the Middle East and now I have think they have all the answers on who is taking HGH and who isn’t taking HGH because of a disgruntled employee? I hate it and I can’t stand it. I don’t consider them as a legitimate source and I hate that we have to have these discussions,” said Esiason. “I would like to see it from another source before we get into a conversation about it.”

InThisTown
    Participant

These fucks are wrapping themselves in the flag to defend the guy.   :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

That Nantz quote fucking infuriates me.

It IS absolutely infuriating. Bunch of bottom-feeding frauds without an ounce of integrity among them.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

I watched the Al Jazeera story and Manning was a small part, most was about how filthy the Packers are including Scott’s cousins’ favorite Cla Matthews

Feejis
    Participant

The Al Jazeera lady was pretty clear that they weren’t making accusations against Manning. It’s about a million times more journalistically credible than the way the folks here operate. They dug out the information and proved that Peyton Manning went to that clinic, and that clinic made multiple shipments to his home, addressed to his wife. THEY didn’t connect the dots, they left it to people with a brain to connect the dots.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

If Peyton and Ashley have nothing to hide, why don’t they just turn over the cellphones they used from 2011-present

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Schefter says Shanny going to Miami for a second interview this week. Apparently already had one December 22nd.

Schefter also says:

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar