Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/4/2016 Daily Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 306 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 307 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

I am trying to dig into the Twitter rant that Scott@PD is going through right now. Is that directed at someone in particular or all the Patriots “Super Fans” that are crying today? If I guessed I would land on Loyko. cvnti di tutti cvnti of the Twitterverse.

Not to anyone in particular. Scott’s wrong though. The whole “injured guys aren’t going to regain their form” thing to me won’t be that big of an issue. Edelman has been practicing long enough that it seems clear to me they are just being cautious. They essentially have every key player out there other than Solder and Lewis. I pity whatever team has to come into Gillette in two weeks, they’re getting buzzsawed.

Blount?

Develin? :lol: (ducks)

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I may be biased, but I thought I did a dynamite job rewriting the ‘Hate and Eight’ theme song.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

NASCL
    Participant

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I’ll admit I question whether just because someone is playing does that mean they’re truly back? Will Edelman be himself or will he be Gronk in the 2011 Soupey? Amendola and as we discussed LaFell clearly haven’t been themselves even though physically they’re on the field. How do we know how much Hightower and Jones’ injuries bother them? Or limit their effectiveness? Vollmer, Kline, McCourty etc. all appear on the injury list and just because they gut it out and get out there doesn’t mean their effectiveness won’t be diminished some unknown percentage. And at some point there is a tipping point when the team we know really isn’t anymore.

Not trying to be negative. I hope they all get out there and they’re themselves because if that’s the case I give them a good shot to repeat. But it also seems naive to assume that okay problem solved player x is playing as if he’s not a real person who may be slowed some by an injury we know little about.

InThisTown
    Participant

<iframe id=”twitter-widget-2″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 582.281px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”684073089475280897″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

I understand that it’s an NFL and it’s life changing money.  But why would you want to work for Ross or Haslam?  You could convince me to go to the Colts just because of Luck.  But I’d take my chances with Thanksmom York or Lurie.

Coma
    Participant

The Lafell thing is weird. Injuries I guess? He was so tough last year.

Speaking of disappointments that one trick hottaker Hurley has this as evidence that the pass was not catchable. First off, nice angle. The ball is how many yards from the receiver at this point? And it’s obviously on a downward trajectory and the 6’7 is being prevented from going up in the air to catch. These god damn reporters and their desire to monkey with every rule is ridiculous.

That was from Hurley? I wonder if he got an angry DM from Breer about gimmick infringement.

Kevin
    Participant

The good thing about having sports columnists whose schtick hasn’t changed since the 1980’s is that a four to six month delay for delivery feels like nothing at all.

Feejis
    Participant

I am trying to dig into the Twitter rant that Scott@PD is going through right now. Is that directed at someone in particular or all the Patriots “Super Fans” that are crying today? If I guessed I would land on Loyko. cvnti di tutti cvnti of the Twitterverse.

Not to anyone in particular. Scott’s wrong though. The whole “injured guys aren’t going to regain their form” thing to me won’t be that big of an issue. Edelman has been practicing long enough that it seems clear to me they are just being cautious. They essentially have every key player out there other than Solder and Lewis. I pity whatever team has to come into Gillette in two weeks, they’re getting buzzsawed.

Blount?

Develin? :lol: (ducks)

Brian, right again!

InThisTown
    Participant

No one devalues the individual* as much as I do, believe me.   :lol:  I think has been a collective problem.  I don’t think they are going to have guys out there close to 100%.  It’s the full complement of them out there at whatever percent they are that is beneficial.  I don’t know how Edelman’s foot will respond but I know that he’s the toughest guy on the team it seems like and his mere presence should be enough for them to threaten the middle of the field.  The last two games mean nothing to me because when they wanted to go to Gronk they did and he was his usual self.  It seemed apparent they weren’t going to do one of those things where they targeted him fourteen times and risked getting him injured.  There’s nothing to take away from the last two games.  They’ve moved the ball fine in other games with less than a full muster of guys.  So again.  Not worried.  At all.

*which, if I’m being honest is why I wasn’t totally 100% on board with Bill’s opinions in DYJ about Gronk’s health.

Feejis
    Participant

The last 4 games ranked 11th, 13th, 14th and 16th in terms of passing attempts in a game this season for Brady.  A marked shift in approach, for a variety of reasons.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Standard Bearer
    Participant

Tomato Can finale!
    AFC East- 36-28 +164
    AFC North 30-34 +17
    AFC South 25-39 -255
    AFC West 34-30 +59
    NFC East 26-38 -165
    NFC North 34-30 +4
    NFC South 36-28 +43
    NFC West 35-29 +123

AFC East tied for best record, best differential, only division with three teams .500 or better, only division with three teams with + point differential (NFC south only had Carolina) conclusion: The awful, I’m owed better than this Patriots were the best team in the toughest division in football this year, wire to wire. Fanz and CHBzz can schitt in their collective bathrobes

At any point this year, was it pointed out that the “best” two divisions — AFC East and NFC South — were also the two divisions who played a full slate against the dogshit AFC South and the dogshit NFC East?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

<iframe id=”twitter-widget-2″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 582.281px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”684073089475280897″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>

I’ve got this Henny Youngman “take Josh McDaniels,,,,, please (ba dum dum)” running through my head.

Humphrey
    Participant

Tomato Can finale! AFC East- 36-28 +164 AFC North 30-34 +17 AFC South 25-39 -255 AFC West 34-30 +59 NFC East 26-38 -165 NFC North 34-30 +4 NFC South 36-28 +43 NFC West 35-29 +123 AFC East tied for best record, best differential, only division with three teams .500 or better, only division with three teams with + point differential (NFC south only had Carolina) conclusion: The awful, I’m owed better than this Patriots were the best team in the toughest division in football this year, wire to wire. Fanz and CHBzz can schitt in their collective bathrobes

At any point this year, was it pointed out that the “best” two divisions — AFC East and NFC South — were also the two divisions who played a full slate against the dogshit AFC South and the dogshit NFC East?

There was a lot of dogshit to go around this year.    Maybe a better question is which divisions had 3 good teams?    NE/Jets/Buffalo vs Denver/KC/Oakland….and I know the last one on each list is a stretch.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Tomato Can finale! AFC East- 36-28 +164 AFC North 30-34 +17 AFC South 25-39 -255 AFC West 34-30 +59 NFC East 26-38 -165 NFC North 34-30 +4 NFC South 36-28 +43 NFC West 35-29 +123 AFC East tied for best record, best differential, only division with three teams .500 or better, only division with three teams with + point differential (NFC south only had Carolina) conclusion: The awful, I’m owed better than this Patriots were the best team in the toughest division in football this year, wire to wire. Fanz and CHBzz can schitt in their collective bathrobes

At any point this year, was it pointed out that the “best” two divisions — AFC East and NFC South — were also the two divisions who played a full slate against the dogshit AFC South and the dogshit NFC East?

You needlessly discount the powerhouse Washington Redskins, sir.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

Dolphins going to get McDaniels and Patricia in a room and see which one wants out first?

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I’d be surprised if either takes that interview. Tanny, Ross, Marino? Nah. And a new GM they’ve never worked with, have any relationship with?

Feejis
    Participant

I’d be surprised if either takes that interview. Tanny, Ross, Marino? Nah. And a new GM they’ve never worked with, have any relationship with?

Grier was here at some point, not sure of overlap.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

“Do I get to fire Tanenbaum and trade Tannehill?  If not we have nothing to talk about.”

Feejis
    Participant

Pats went 3-1 against opponents who made the playoffs.

Weird that PFR still has the Pats as the #1 seed.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Grier was here at some point, not sure of overlap.

Was here 1994-2000 as a scout so would have worked with BB in 1996. But was let go with his father when BB hired in 2000 (after draft)

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Carolina starting CB Charles Tillman out for the year torn ACL. Riverboat Ron says Robert McClain who the Pats cut after camp will now start at corner in his place.

InThisTown
    Participant

You’ll never get a job in the media unless you call him Peanut.   :-(

Kmac
    Participant

@sportsassoftheweek/Loyko’s Basement?

Fucking hilarious!

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar