Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads /19/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 53 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

countdown to the 2018 NBA Draft     2 Days.

on our way to 2 pages today.

NASCL
    Participant

Senators traded Hoffman this morning; not much of a return.  Strange backstory to it all.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/erik-melinka-karlsson-mike-hoffman-cyber-threat-protection-court-1.4703659

chicowalker
    Participant

A (Brian?) bot writes an Olive Garden commercial, BSWM’s influence is wider than we credit

Major Intangibles
    Participant

BSWM, Chico?

Bread Sticks, Warm % Melty? 

:lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

:ohmy: I’ll take a lap.  I deal with so many organizational acronyms at work I’m starting to go cross eyed

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“They’re warm and defeated.”   ??????

Never eaten at an O.G.

Does that refer to the “pasta nachos” :puke: or the customers?    :lol:

“Her mouth is full of secret soup” 

*** *****?

Future namesake for the Auerbach Center flu.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

FRIEND 2: “I shall eat Italian citizens!”

WAITRESS: “Unlimited stick!”

:blink: :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

*** *****: “I shall eat Italian citizens!” MIKE NAPOLI: “Unlimited stick!” :blink: 😆

fixed

Lebron
    Participant

Senators traded Hoffman this morning; not much of a return. Strange backstory to it all. https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/erik-melinka-karlsson-mike-hoffman-cyber-threat-protection-court-1.4703659

He got traded twice, first to the Sharks then to the Panthers.  Weird shit.  The fiance seems nice

On May 4, Melinda Karlsson filed an order of protection against Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s fianceé, alleging that she harassed the Karlssons online. That harassment included remarks about the death of their child, who was stillborn in March, via comments on Melinda Karlsson’s Instagram account under a pseudonym.

“Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead … uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to end his career,” the document said, according to media reports.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

For the people looking for a World Cup podcast, ESPN FC has a bunch. ESPN Radio was promoting Caught Offside all weekend, I noticed. Haven’t listened, but in the past ESPN’s soccer has been well regarded in the past.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I also noticed ads for Simmons’ Courtside on HBO’s debut tonight. 11 days after a sweep by the defending champion and two days before the draft with LeBron’s free agency coming up. Good luck with that.

My agenda is truth.

Suzy
    Participant

Senators traded Hoffman this morning; not much of a return. Strange backstory to it all. https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/erik-melinka-karlsson-mike-hoffman-cyber-threat-protection-court-1.4703659

He got traded twice, first to the Sharks then to the Panthers. Weird shit. The fiance seems nice

On May 4, Melinda Karlsson filed an order of protection against Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s fianceé, alleging that she harassed the Karlssons online. That harassment included remarks about the death of their child, who was stillborn in March, via comments on Melinda Karlsson’s Instagram account under a pseudonym. “Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead … uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to end his career,” the document said, according to media reports.

So disturbing.  :ohmy: :blink: How can anyone be that cruel and evil?

And what on earth could the backstory to this be?

Claude45
    Participant

On the Andrew Luck stuff from last night’s thread. The media went all in on Luck being the next big thing. They will twist and abuse logic/reality to cover themselves. I loved King saying Luck was “doing things that had never been seen before in his pro day”.

Crazy talk.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Senegal and Japan had to be pretty big upsets, right?

middlebury03.5
    Participant

On the Andrew Luck stuff from last night’s thread. The media went all in on Luck being the next big thing. They will twist and abuse logic/reality to cover themselves. I loved King saying Luck was “doing things that had never been seen before in his pro day”.

Crazy talk.

Technically correct, he was being a huge fucking dork

chicowalker
    Participant

Wasn’t there at least some debate about Luck/RG3 being the first pick?  Didn’t happen w/LeBron, even in a draft with multiple future hall of famers

Lebron
    Participant

Senegal and Japan had to be pretty big upsets, right?

Columbia played that match down a guy after a red card 3 minutes in.  Hopefully that finished off the Mickelson heart attach victims as he got the card with a hand ball in front of the goal.

Feejis
    Participant

Classic media speak that nobody but us and a few others really pay attention to. Bertie and others like saying stuff like that, or that Luck can “make all the throws”.

Really Bert? Can you tell us what all the throws are?

I think most if not all here said they’re out on Leonard for multiple reasons (injury, forced his way out at SA, one-year rental, potential comp too high, want to see Brown and Tatum get the opp to develop together, etc.). Under what criteria might you be in on Leonard?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

He got traded twice, first to the Sharks then to the Panthers. Weird shit. The fiance seems nice

On May 4, Melinda Karlsson filed an order of protection against Monika Caryk, Hoffman’s fianceé, alleging that she harassed the Karlssons online. That harassment included remarks about the death of their child, who was stillborn in March, via comments on Melinda Karlsson’s Instagram account under a pseudonym. “Monika Caryk has uttered numerous statements wishing my unborn child dead … uttered that she wished I was dead and that someone should ‘take out’ my husband’s legs to end his career,” the document said, according to media reports.

So disturbing. :ohmy: :blink: How can anyone be that cruel and evil?

And what on earth could the backstory to this be?

Hoffman and his fiance denied everything. Hired a lawyer to try to coordinate with the victim on a third-party investigation.

My agenda is truth.

“Can make all the throws” was a huge pre-draft selling point on Bledsoe,  IIRC.  Little did they know he couldn’t loft a screen pass.

Lebron
    Participant

Wasn’t there at least some debate about Luck/RG3 being the first pick? Didn’t happen w/LeBron, even in a draft with multiple future hall of famers

This guy was all about taking Milicic over Lebron.  But in general there wasn’t much if any debate.

With Luck, it was pretty unanimous among scouts, the entire 2011 season was Suck For Luck.

chicowalker
    Participant

I think most if not all here said they’re out on Leonard for multiple reasons (injury, forced his way out at SA, one-year rental, potential comp too high, want to see Brown and Tatum get the opp to develop together, etc.). Under what criteria might you be in on Leonard?

If the price was some combo of Smart/Morris/Sac pick/Yabusele etc.  None of the core pieces.  What are people looking for thursday? Mushmouth Bradford was pimping Rozier/Sac pick for Orlando’s pick (assuming Bamba is available) I’ve seen a few mocks that have Orlando taking Trae Young, and if that’s the case I’d do the deal if I were them.  Hopefully DiVincenzo is there at 27

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar