Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/11-2/17/2019 Pre School Vacation Week Discussion Thread

This topic contains 145 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 3 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 146 total)
  • Author

EEI interviewed this nutjob this morning:

Wait til the guy finds out Reimer’s gay.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Shame about that Drelich fella. He’s such a hard worker.

All the wrong people think he’s great.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

4 users thanked author for this post.

Sorry

I wonder if there was a collective BSMW search for the minus button.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

EEI interviewed this nutjob this morning:

Wait til the guy finds out Reimer’s gay.

Just checking, what year is this?

NASCL
    Participant

World War Deuce, Felgie.  One of the greats, Danny.

I hope she wants to mix it up with him on Twitter.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So touched up it looks like that CGI Battle Angel chick.

reminder:

https://twitter.com/Jen_Royle/status/791252709693415424

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

I thought I might be able to make the last non-stop to New York, but I dawdled at Edelman’s place, and I had no chance

What a terrible guest.  I’ll just hang well beyond my welcome.

I really hoped, for convenience sake, that Edelman would have been in Massachusetts for another day or two so I could have made this a one-day trip on the heels of a travel-filled playoff season

Poor baby.  A travel filled playoff season.  Pretty sure the players had to travel too.  And of course we know Pete’s convenience is the overriding concern.

chicowalker
    Participant

ESPN did basically the same Carmelo piece from a few years ago on Durant.  Similar CEO nonsense, 8 people working for a company based on the KD brand :lol:   (awesome at basketball but babyshit soft chode? I guess)

revisiting the Carmelo article

If he wants to redefine his legacy, he has to act now, both on the basketball court and beyond. Because in five years, when he’s retired or scoring only 12 points a game, nobody is going to care what he puts on his website or what technologies he likes. There won’t be 1.7 million page views. His Twitter audience won’t be growing. He’ll be done. Irrelevant. “Do it now while people are still watching,” Rodriguez says.

“You make it sound like I’m dying,” Anthony jokes.

“There’s real urgency,” Rodriguez says. “I don’t want you to call me when you retire and say, ‘Hey, what happened? Where did the market go?’ You want the money to keep coming in, right?”

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

I think this struck me as odd in my 20 hours in Los Angeles over the weekend: very little Rams gear being worn.

Pete either being willfully obtuse or carrying league water in thinking professional football means anything anymore in LA

I think it’s unnerving to see how Nick Buoniconti is still haunted by his son’s spinal injury 33 years later.

Yeah, not normal or anything for a father to be haunted by his kid getting injured spearing in football.  I’m sure Pete was disappointed like with the Anne Frank house.

I think I didn’t see this coming: Charles Woodson out on ESPN’s pregame show

I didn’t think it was news that Woodson came across as a dope on that show with this ascots.

I don’t like the ball starting at the 10-yard line in overtime. Seems gimmicky.

The guy who started all of the overtime tinkering things something is gimmicky.

chicowalker
    Participant

Do you think Pete’s editor just emails the column back to him after an hour or so, “looks good to me!” without even bothering?  I can imagine any sentient person not bringing up some of these things to him (especially when he has said something contradictory, often in the same column) only to be swatted back with word counts, hours spent typing, etc

Lebron
    Participant

The triangle tattoo is a symbol of the friendship between Durant, his business partner Rich Kleiman and their friend Charlie Bell.

This sounds like a really bad idea.

jforb
    Participant

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

1 user thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“After the game on Sunday, David and several of his teammates attended a sponsorship dinner,”said Sweeney. “At about 11:30, David reported to me…while he and teammates were walking to meet their transportation location, he simply fell and injured his thumb.”

Pastarnak out at least two-weeks after drunken fall (Allegedly)

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Anyone besides Dan Wetzel (who knows so much about hockey he can’t even spell Pastrnak’s name right) putting out the “drunken” theory?

Lebron
    Participant

Kleiman laughs and points to a Chinese character tattooed on his arm.

“Like, this means ‘patience,’ ” the 41-year-old executive says.

I expect a 19 year old to speak like this.  A 40s ‘executive’ initiating a sentence with ‘like’?  There’s the door.

Kleiman is boisterous, excitable and intense. He has a ton of friends, sleeps with his phone on, spends hours every day workshopping ideas at home in what he calls his think tank.

Jesus fucking Christ.  “Tons” of friends, always has his phone on and workshops in a self named think tank.  Any doubt Durant is penniless in 5 years?

“We just met at, like, the perfect point,” Durant says of the former music industry manager he has empowered to run his business empire. “We both hit our peaks at the same time.”

:lol: You can’t make this shit up.  ‘Former music industry manager’ yeah those guys are never known for ripping off their clients.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

So Durant is going to end up broke. Good to know.

chicowalker
    Participant

Currently reading this

It was the first year I really followed baseball, and being the mush I am 1/3 of the season was pissed away :lol:   It gets really into the weeds w/the union stuff, it really could be about any industry on strike save for things like (Doug) DeCinses called him a fucking liar.  Anyway, point of the post was there was some real peak baseball fagola stuff in here- newspapers, desperate for baseball content, were doing things like writing from whole cloth stories about games that happened years before, and even writers doing stratomatic games and writing about them as if they happened  :ohmy:   including this

The Columbus Dispatch covered board games, featuring a matchup of the 1924 Washington Senators and 1935 Detroit Tigers.  Hall of Famer “Goose” Gosselin, in left field for both clubs, was quoted after the Tigers won in 15 innings, 10-8 “You win some, you lose some”  :puke:  

If I was tasked with creating a mythical baseball game to fill space, and it went extra innings, I’d like to think by the 12th or so I’d have a Seinfedl-esque “what kind of lives are these?” conversation with my fellow cursed opponent (unless of course one person was playing both sides- bias! re-rolls! No way Lefty Grove strikes out Hank Greenberg 4 times!)

Also, do you think a young Shank clamored his editor for the chance to call Pumpsie Green lazy for not running out a pretend ground ball?

6 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Also, do you think a young Shank clamored his editor for the chance to call Pumpsie Green lazy for not running out a pretend ground ball?

1981 Gerry Callahan opines: “This totally backs up what Pinky Higgins said about those <whiny baby voice> ‘Negro’ </whiny baby voice> players!”  And instead of getting suspended from his newspaper and radio show, he becomes grand marshal of the 1982 Southie parade.

:dry:

Lebron
    Participant

I remember being pissed that I had tickets to the Red Sox/Angels which would have been the return of Lynn/Hobson/Burleson and it got wiped out by the strike.  I still didn’t understand those trades anyway and Fisk leaving so I was just pissed in general.

chicowalker
    Participant

Christ can you imagine if Durant was here?  He plays for a team where they’ve done nothing but win, there are other stars to soak up some of the attention, and the media are fawning sycophants for the most part.  And he still a cooze.  He’d be calling into Jonesie from a burner phone by December of his first season to defend himse- er, Durant

Lebron
    Participant

“If I was left to my own devices, I turn into Flava Flav sometimes,” Kleiman jokes.

I don’t even know what this is supposed to mean, but sure, manage my millions!

Feejis
    Participant

4:30 call so I’m the only one left in the office.

Also means that I’m not at home for an extra 3 hours with the family unit.

Good on all fronts.

jforb
    Participant

I know Gill’s not there so I shouldn’t blame him, but f him and the rest of TJX traffic for making it impossible to get near the Pike earlier.

Participant

Pedro Morales will not be down for the Bruins game tonight

Claude45
    Participant

Christ can you imagine if Durant was here? He plays for a team where they’ve done nothing but win, there are other stars to soak up some of the attention, and the media are fawning sycophants for the most part. And he still a cooze. He’d be calling into Jonesie from a burner phone by December of his first season to defend himse- er, Durant

Durant creating twitter burner accounts to argue with the great unwashed would be concerning to me before I gave him $300 million but who knows. Great player but I don’t think I’d enjoy spending much time with him.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar