Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/11-2/17/2019 Pre School Vacation Week Discussion Thread

This topic contains 145 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Do you think Pete’s editor just emails the column back to him after an hour or so, “looks good to me!” without even bothering? I can imagine any sentient person not bringing up some of these things to him (especially when he has said something contradictory, often in the same column) only to be swatted back with word counts, hours spent typing, etc

I used to work with a guy who did that (The editor part, not the PK part.) You would send out something for review to 10 or 15 people. It didn’t matter if it was 2 paragraph announcement or an 8 page procedure, he would always respond within 5 minutes with “Looks good!”

I imagine with PK there’s an understanding that you don’t tell him how to write his column. They probably scan it to make sure there aren’t any sexist or racially insensitive comments and leave it alone otherwise.

Lebron
    Participant

Pedro Morales will not be down for the Bruins game tonight

Magnificent Muraco can finally hold on to the Intercontinental title for more than one match.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I halfway think the NBA should go and just redraft the entire league every year, from Steph and Lebron to G-League guys.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Magnificent Muraco can finally hold on to the Intercontinental title for more than one match.

TB12 should hire Donnie Muraco as his workout guru.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Sounds like Bradford

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Sounds like Bradford

Isn’t it fantastic.

Participant

I thought I might be able to make the last non-stop to New York, but I dawdled at Edelman’s place, and I had no chance

What a terrible guest. I’ll just hang well beyond my welcome.

I really hoped, for convenience sake, that Edelman would have been in Massachusetts for another day or two so I could have made this a one-day trip on the heels of a travel-filled playoff season

Poor baby. A travel filled playoff season. Pretty sure the players had to travel too. And of course we know Pete’s convenience is the overriding concern.

We’ve underestimated his lack of self awareness somehow.

“Julian, couldn’t you make things easier for me?”

RedSeat
    Participant

So touched up it looks like that CGI Battle Angel chick.

reminder:

https://twitter.com/Jen_Royle/status/791252709693415424

I clicked on that link and received this error message in my browser:

403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.”

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I feel like Chrome’s got my back.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So touched up it looks like that CGI Battle Angel chick.

reminder:

https://twitter.com/Jen_Royle/status/791252709693415424

I clicked on that link and received this error message in my browser:

403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.”

I’m not sure what’s going on, but I feel like Chrome’s got my back.

Let’s try again

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:

I’d love to try your restaurant!  I’m a light eater and usually take 1/2 my dinner home, do you have to-go boxes?

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it

Hey Jen, place looks great! I love a nice Cab with my pasta, but I couldn’t find your wine list?

I’m a pretty easy customer- I worked in the industry and understand how hard it is. I never send food back or complain about how long my entree takes, I understand that is out of the server’s hands.  The only request I have is that I not be snarkily attacked by a middle-aged foul-mouthed fallow-skinned STD fountain for having the temerity to ask for something that might have been slightly askew from her vision for her restaurant (like, say, bread before the appetizers). Can you assure me that will not happen?

Feejis
    Participant

Saw that Buoniconti thing on HBO. He’s in tough shape. I had forgotten he went to suffolk law while playing for the Pats.

Suzy
    Participant

:lol:

I’d love to try your restaurant! I’m a light eater and usually take 1/2 my dinner home, do you have to-go boxes?

Hey Jen, place looks great! I love a nice Cab with my pasta, but I couldn’t find your wine list?

I’m a pretty easy customer- I worked in the industry and understand how hard it is. I never send food back or complain about how long my entree takes, I understand that is out of the server’s hands. The only request I have is that I not be snarkily attacked by a middle-aged foul-mouthed fallow-skinned STD fountain for having the temerity to ask for something that might have been slightly askew from her vision for her restaurant (like, say, bread before the appetizers). Can you assure me that will not happen?

LMAO  :lol:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

The Waxpack-Futility Lou catfight this morning is really something.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Well, no chance of the Pats facing Jumpball Joe in 2019:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Trade cannot be processed, commented about or acknowledged but someone still texted Schefter immediately.

Lebron
    Participant

“Shefty” reporting Jumpball Joe getting traded to the Broncos.  Hilarity to ensue.

Participant

Midre has white knights what a world

Feejis
    Participant

Case Keenum has to be having some self doubt after being replaced by Flacco and Cousins in consecutive seasons.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If WEEI/the Red Sox hire Mario Impemba, the former Tiger announcer who mixed it up with his color man last season and got fired, maybe Magician Beard and he will slug it out on air some time this season.  If I could be guaranteed that that would happen, I might listen to their gigs together gigs this summer.  Otherwise … Tom Caron?  Really?

:wall:

I kind of doubt McDonough could stomach coming back here and working for the radio station and the ownership that he battled against ca. 2002-2004.

Participant

:lol: Spike Lee had to correct the hapless Barnicle, pointing out that he had, in fact, received a lifetime achievement award [in 2015], but that this year was different in that he is vying for Best Picture and Best Director Oscars. :lol:  

Big Fat O
    Participant

Can you provide some details.

Adding Futility Lou to the radio broadcast will really make it unlistenable.

Suzy
    Participant

Lou already subs, correct? Last season, he ruined every broadcast he was on. He absolutely SUCKS.

jforb
    Participant

Main shot here

Lebron
    Participant

Local radio guy here via Ipswich is doing victory laps over the Flacco acquisition.  His proposed strategy is get a guy like Flacco then keep drafting QBs in the first round, no lower than 10 because any other quarterback drafted past 10 blows, until you find one that sticks.  Don’t like a guy?  Just trade him.  No problem.  Then draft another one.  Basically draft high, sell low.  Sounds like a great philosophy.

Suzy
    Participant

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Main shot here

Right, but later in the thread Waxpack starts sucking up and agreeing with idiots who apparently have no clue what a decent announcer sounds like that yes, Lou is very good at it. He’s such a fraud.  :puke:

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar