Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/11-2/17/2019 Pre School Vacation Week Discussion Thread

This topic contains 145 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Participant

Local radio guy here via Ipswich is doing victory laps over the Flacco acquisition. His proposed strategy is get a guy like Flacco then keep drafting QBs in the first round, no lower than 10 because any other quarterback drafted past 10 blows, until you find one that sticks. Don’t like a guy? Just trade him. No problem. Then draft another one. Basically draft high, sell low. Sounds like a great philosophy.

Zookeeper fave if memory serves.

Participant

jforb
    Participant

Way to fit the logo on there Larry.

Are these goat or bat ears?

Suzy
    Participant

Oh My God. WTF   :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

What’s Pete Carroll doing with Brady and Belichick?

Hacksaw
    Participant

This is fantastic.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Jim Breuer’s Goat Boy didn’t have horns that big or ears like that.  I’m going with his as the more authentic interpretation.

Lebron
    Participant

On second viewing the ears are pretty similar.  More hair on Goat Boy though.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

:lol: :lol:   I love that Larry decided the wackadoo ears are what would sell these guys as goat creatures. I might have gone with something like a beard or a GOATEE, but you don’t question the artistic choices of a master.

Doc Moreau, you’ve still got it!

6 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Futility Lou is one of the worst. Loves the sound of his own voice and you can tell he’s holding back on the hot takes yet does slip in some snarky remarks.

Lebron
    Participant

Doc Moreau!

That Adnan Virk firing at ESPN is funny.  Sounds like he’s mostly asshurt because he thought they were just going to suspend him.  What a whiney douchebag.

Participant

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A state lawmaker in Rhode Island has proposed creating a legislative commission to look at decriminalizing prostitution.

Lebron
    Participant

Funny listening to the radio guys say they expect the playoffs next year with Flacco then they talk themselves back to reality in 15 minutes or so.

Coma
    Participant

Doc Moreau!

That Adnan Virk firing at ESPN is funny. Sounds like he’s mostly asshurt because he thought they were just going to suspend him. What a whiney douchebag.

If I was Virk, I’d be a little puzzled that I was let go for leaking information since routinely ESPN relies on other organizations leaking information to them. I think he’s got a good shot going with the “Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?” defense.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Your honor. Please allow me to present my list of 10,547 instances in which ESPN thought it was just fine for people to leak information….

Participant

JPP’s medical records say hello

NASCL
    Participant

The TWL stepped it up for Valentine’s.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

McDonough, Obie and Chris Berman helping out on Sox radio this year – “this wouldn’t be possible without Sam Kennedy.” McDonough said.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Someone caught a Michael Kay rant yesterday where he ripped Phil Jackson for passing on Antetokuonmpo, except of course Jackson wasn’t there when the he was drafted, and the Knicks picked like 9 spots after the Bucks.  First he learns Jackson wasn’t there and says oh sorry but the Knicks are still at fault then he gets corrected on the draft position and simply responds “oh”.  I’m sure the next segment was ripping on managers/coaches/players for being dumb or stupid or lazy.

4 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Is it $2.10 or less that, at least until Pats training camp, 75% of the WEEI spring/summer programming is going to be comparing Merloni’s performance to the rest of that clown car of announcers.  Poor Uncle Joe- he has to acclimate himself to the rhythms of how many new people?  Including fucking Chris Berman?!?

Swiiiing. and a pop up

Backbackbackba-

Noooope. Juuuust a popup

It..could..go..all..

This is about the 3000th game I’ve called in Fenway…caught just in front of the warning track…

Ok…coming up, Mitch Less is Moreland

*puts gun in mouth*

Suzy
    Participant

Is it $2.10 or less that, at least until Pats training camp, 75% of the WEEI spring/summer programming is going to be comparing Merloni’s performance to the rest of that clown car of announcers. Poor Uncle Joe- he has to acclimate himself to the rhythms of how many new people? Including fucking Chris Berman?!?

Swiiiing. and a pop up

Backbackbackba-

Noooope. Juuuust a popup

It..could..go..all..

This is about the 3000th game I’ve called in Fenway…caught just in front of the warning track…

*puts gun in mouth*

Cannot fathom why the awful, obnoxious Berman gets work.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Yes you can. The Elder Statesman Exemption.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Is it $2.10 or less that, at least until Pats training camp, 75% of the WEEI spring/summer programming is going to be comparing Merloni’s performance to the rest of that clown car of announcers. Poor Uncle Joe- he has to acclimate himself to the rhythms of how many new people? Including fucking Chris Berman?!?

Swiiiing. and a pop up

Backbackbackba-

Noooope. Juuuust a popup

It..could..go..all..

*puts gun in mouth*

Sure you can. He’s a NAME.

Lebron
    Participant

Bill loves and respects Berman.  A million times more baffling than the Bon Jovi stuff.  I read up on it after 51 because you could tell Bill went out of his way to get to the ESPN set which I was shocked by.  Bill and Berman got to know each other at the Pro Bowl in ’99 as Parcells was the assigned HC but dumped it on Bill.  They spoke at length at some event prior to the game.  Berman was the guy that told Bill that Flutie could drop kick.  Bill was at Berman’s wife’s funeral.  They’ve golfed and done events together.  Whole thing throws me off so all I can do is be neutral on Berman anymore.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

No fan of Waxpack, but I thought him ending a tweet to Magician Beard with “let’s talk again when the latest ratings come out.” was a nice touch.

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar