Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/11-2/17/2019 Pre School Vacation Week Discussion Thread

This topic contains 145 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 126 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

No fan of Waxpack, but I thought him ending a tweet to Magician Beard with “let’s talk again when the latest ratings come out.” was a nice touch.

Yeah, I go back and forth with him. He definitely takes some nice shots.

chicowalker
    Participant

Credit where it’s due, old friend Len with a good line

I’d love to hear Berman explain what’s on sale at Shaws in any given week.

Participant

“I love their sheetcake Cwaig, I weally do.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Speaking of Len, I wonder what leadership book he sent Bill to help him connect with his players. Surely the Super Bowl wouldn’t have been possible without that.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Here’s the story of Theo’s pal Sammy
    Who reports to a visionary spouse.
    They were trying to help the ratings on the broadcast
    And both think Kirk’s a louse.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Why do you need so many people to broadcast baseball games?

Christ nice sweater Dale.

Feejis
    Participant

Why do you need so many people to broadcast baseball games?

Christ nice sweater Dale.

For some reason they are one of the few teams who clings to the format they developed 50+ years ago that had 2 guys sharing PBP duties. Because it’s baseball and yada yada.

One announcer, one color guy and an occasional fill in. That’s all that’s needed. They’re probably loathe to kick Joe out of the booth but I’m sure they’d rather have Mushmouth and Lou do it since they’re on the payroll anyhow.

Yahtzee
    Participant

“I love their sheetcake Cwaig, I weally do.”

Can you believe it?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Image result for tumbleweed

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

5 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Since it’s a slow day, I’ll share this story of incompetent college basketball officiating. I was watching UConn lose to Houston last night: With just under 3 minutes left and the Cougars up by 7, Houston puts up a shot late in the shot clock. It hits the backboard and goes directly to a UConn guard, who takes off, trying to set up a 2 on 1 fast break. As he’s approaching half court, the official blows the whistle to stop play, signalling a shot clock violation. The problem was, there was still a second left on the shot clock. I know it can be a tough call for the officials between blowing the whistle due to shot clock violation versus letting them play, but at least let the shot clock actually run out. It wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome of the game, but I’ve never seen a shot clock violation called when there was still time left on the clock.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pedroia today second-guesses his decision to have that risky knee reconstruction in October 2017.

But no mention of Machado. Sound like he still feels that Machado was totally within bounds to slide hard into him and spike his bad knee during the 2017 season.

I hope Machado does sign a mega-contract with the Yankees, just so the Red Sox can take shots at his knee 19 times every season. Shortstop, third base, at bat … wherever. I’d love to see MFY on the hook for about $250 million of dead money because that dirty fuck crossed the wrong opponent.   :ozzy:

Namaste!   :smile:

7 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

It was rewarding as hell watching that dirty mofo corkscrew himself into the ground with a strikeout to end the World Series.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I had a funeral in Rhode Island this morning. Driving through there, I felt like I stepped back in time 40 years.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Baseball on the radio is so boring having 2 people in the booth isn’t a bad idea. It’s mostly background noise. Instead of trying to find a solid 2nd man EEI decides to its better to put Futility Lou, Berman, Mushmouth Bradford and others in so it becomes an event to tune into instead of the game itself.

Coma
    Participant

The NFL reached a settlement in the Kaepernick/Reid collusion grievance today. All the details are confidential, so we won’t know what financial compensation the players received, but the speculation is that it was in the $60 to $80 million range. Even if it was half of that, that’s still a substantial amount, increased by whatever the league’s legal fees are. My question after hearing this news is, how much would goal line cameras at every stadium cost again? I believe the league balked in the past due to the price, but it’s probably 10% of what they are paying out in this situation. Why bother improving the game when the NFL can spend money on fiascos they at least partially created?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Reid just signed a pretty good deal with the Panthers. I wonder if he got anything out of the settlement.

jforb
    Participant

This stuff with Antonio Brown and the Steelers couldn’t wait until training camp? They’re going to have time to fix things at this rate.

Humphrey
    Participant

Judging from the level of play in the World vs USA game yesterday, I would expect the game tomorrow to go over 400 points. Seriously. Anyone drives towards the basket, never mind someone trying to take a charge or block a shot. THEY GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Humphrey.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I know I’m supposed to complain about the lack of defense, but the athleticism on display in this game is impressive.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Cannot fathom why the awful, obnoxious Berman gets work.

Yes you can. The Elder Statesman Exemption.

Not the Dead Wife Consolation Prize?

Sorry, too soon?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Here’s the story of Theo’s pal Sammy
    Who reports to a visionary spouse.
    They were trying to help the ratings on the broadcast
    And both think Kirk’s a louse.

That poster/chart gives me the chills. Maybe MLB on Sirius is a possibility?

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 21 posts - 126 through 146 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar