Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/14/18 Daily Thread – The Love Boat

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    InThisTown
    Participant

Extend Marquis Flowers, Bill! https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Edit: response to Bedard

I am taking this that BB lifted the gag order and all the chips are on the table for next season. Talk shit and pummel the oppositions ass!

So cut next week.  :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

While on the Bruins, the trade deadline is next week. I see Haggerty is reporting the Bruins want Nash from the Rangers. I am glad Haggerty is reporting it, because that means it won’t happen. What I would like to see them do is add a veteran forward with short handed ability and a center who can take late game/defensive faceoffs. I don’t think the Bruins can continue to roll Marchand and Bergeron out there on their top PK unit through the playoffs. Can’t play those guys top line, top power play and top PK, they will get worn into the ground. Especially if they go against Tampa Bay, which has a really good power play. Need someone else out there to take some heat off. I was thinking a guy like Granlund from Vancouver, but he just went on IR. Not sure who else is out there

Chris Kelly will be free once the Olympics are finished….

In all seriousness Krejci and Nash are both over 50% on faceoffs. I think they’re ok there but upgrades are always good.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Bruins had the ’78 team in last night. Like many, I never really appreciated the guy when he played – probably because he wasn’t a physical player – but Peter McNab put up some great numbers while in Boston. https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/mcnabpe01.html

My 11 year old self loved McNab in the Strat O Matic game.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Is Janos one of us?

God I hope not. What shit.

You don’t like the Janos? 😆 That must pay the equivalent of $2.10 in some inscrutable Balkan currency. C’mon, he’s like Zlad!, or Borat. Would you like him better if claimed to drive a truck full of shavings?

WE GET IT YOU’RE FOREIGN. It’s like the worst drawn out SNL skit that was funny for ten seconds.

A little Janos does go a long way. Much like the traditional seasonings in his homeland’s native dish.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Big Fat O
    Participant

Extend Marquis Flowers, Bill! https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Edit: response to Bedard

I am taking this that BB lifted the gag order and all the chips are on the table for next season. Talk shit and pummel the oppositions ass!

So cut next week. 😆

BB would look the other way when it comes to Coach Betard. He feels the same way as the rest of us.

NASCL
    Participant

No idea what to expect from this Bruins team.  Could easily be one and done or, conversely, a Cup Finalist.

They have a boatload of young assets to trade.

No on Nash.  No on Lucic.

Yes on Coyle.

I think McDonagh would be too expensive and, in any event, would prefer a forward.

Lefty

No idea what to expect from this Bruins team. Could easily be one and done or, conversely, a Cup Finalist. They have a boatload of young assets to trade. No on Nash. No on Lucic. Yes on Coyle. I think McDonagh would be too expensive and, in any event, would prefer a forward.

Coyle’s at $3.2M for the next two seasons after this one.   If you bring him in, you should send Spooner out, which wouldn’t bother me.  Spooner is at $2.8M this year, but is a RFA and will probably push $3M if you want to bring him back.  (I wouldn’t)

No on Lucic and his contract would be a killer for five full seasons after this one  :ohmy:

I don’t want Nash at all, but at least he is an UFA at the end of the year and you can walk away from him.

As much as I am not a Chiarelli fan, I am looking for a Peverley/Kelly type acquisition like he made to solidify the back end of the roster going into the playoffs.   I’m not an Acciari, Vatrano, Kuraly, Schaller fan.    Maybe a vet defenseman to back up and keep Postma away from the ice as well.

Suzy
    Participant

Jack Hynes will not be down for NewsCenter 5 at Noon. The co-star of Two Outs weighs in on David Price and Fenway atmosphere – again – no one can figure out why the paper only sold for $12 Mil? “He recognizes that as a team leader, he has the power, and the responsibility, to create a better atmosphere at Fenway Park” Huh? They didn’t win the division THE RIGHT WAY I guess. “It’s no secret last year’s Red Sox were a grumpy, dysfunctional bunch, and please stop with all the claptrap about how they finished first in the American League East.” Alex Reimer is a terrific human being and I had lunch with him and his dad and they talked baseball…. “But it’s also no secret Price handcrafted the malaise that existed in the clubhouse, what with his infamous charter-flight verbal beatdown of NESN analyst/Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley and that immature tirade he directed at a collection of sportswriters in the visiting clubhouse at Yankee Stadium.”

“handcrafted the malaise”? WTF does that even mean? And please, “verbal beatdown”? What sort of pussy even writes those words?  I look forward to Price continuing to shit on the Boston media in 2018.  :wub:

Unrelated, I’d never heard about the sexual harassment stuff regarding Shaun White before, ugh. Read some pretty disgusting alleged details this morning.  :ohmy:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

EEI just announced that no live programming on friday so all employees can attend sensitivity training.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

EEI just announced that no live programming on friday so all employees can attend sensitivity training.

That prick Dale definitely needs it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I hope Bob gives the team to Jonathan on Thursday night.

Participant

Lou and Glenny want you to know that they care about the “peoplebehindthescenes”……

Big Fat O
    Participant

We’re not missing anything.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

LJSandwich
    Participant

Sensitivity Training!  That will have the sponsors racing back.

Minihane spent all morning acting like a petulant brat and clowning around with Tanguay.  He’s now at page 125 from the Howard Stern playbook.  Trying to get fired so he can prove he’s too toxic for terrestial radio.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Please broadcast the sensitivity training, OK? Thank you.

Participant

Please broadcast the sensitivity training, OK? Thank you.

Exactly, opportunity missed.

Does Riemer have to go?

Cwaig and Larry?

Will Gerry wear a dashiki?

Kevin
    Participant

So great. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Like when Chipolte closed for a day so they could train employees to wash their hands.

Over/under on Callahan eye rolls during this has to be what, 85 1/2?

GusChiggins
    Participant

So cut next week. 😆

Definitely. You know Belichick has a great deal of respect for Craig. Craig said so himself.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Prince Henrik seems like a reasonable dude. Holding a grudge for 50 years.

rclane
    Participant

Lena Dunham is had a genuinely rotten cvnt.

Edited to add: spare yourself the details. It’s as gross as you’d guess.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by rclane.
    NASCL
    Participant

How long do the Red Sox wait before the Tito Francona smear campaign starts?

Kevin
    Participant

Dale Arnold has to sit through eight hours of torturous sensitivity training because Christian Fauria has the IQ of a stump. Fucking glorious! :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

If they are announcing it….its for on air radio content since no one will be late to  Spring Training.

They  have a four day weekend instead of a three day weekend.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Hacksaw.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar