Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/15/2019 – 3/3/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 192 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

On the bright side, Kraft’s arrest will make a great opening scene for “Three Games to Glory VII”.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

On the bright side, Kraft’s arrest will make a great opening scene for “Three Games to Glory VII”.

Ronnie the Limo Driver “Three Games to Glory Hole! YEAHHHHHHH”

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I can’t believe that <movie about race relations> beat <other movie about race relations>! And that <woman I never heard of before> from <weird English movie> won over <actress I’ve heard of> from <movie that neither I, nor anyone else, has seen> At least <woman I never heard of from Black Panther> beat <other people I never heard of> in <category I don’t know the details of and wouldn’t be able to parse the difference between a good, great, and Oscar worthy example of whatever it is they do which, again, I don’t understand>

Lebron
    Participant

Wife:  OMG Cooper and Gaga are about to sing!

Me:  OK, I’ve never heard it.

Song plays

Wife:  Isn’t that the greatest song ever!

Me: I thought that cowboy song about trading spurs for wings was better.

Wife: (Throws remote) You never like anything I like!!!!!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Will Mr. Kraft’s legal woes distract the Patriots from SLAPPING the Franchise Tag on Gostkowski in a timely manner?  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

The Robert Kraft sex-trafficking story, and how the NFL might handle discipline if the Patriots owner is found to be involved.

:dry:Sex trafficking story.  Pete’s on his 8th latte made with coffee beans picked by slaves.

chicowalker
    Participant

Wife: OMG Cooper and Gaga are about to sing!

Me: OK, I’ve never heard it.

Song plays

Wife: Isn’t that the greatest song ever!

Mercifully my wife went to bed before this. She (6 months pregnant) was slow leaving the room when I fired up the DVR…

“What’s this? You’re not going to watch more of the Oscars?”

“Deadpool 2. Nope” <member of X Force flies into a wood chipper>

“OH JESUS CHRIST” <hustles to bed> :lol:

4 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

The Robert Kraft sex-trafficking story, and how the NFL might handle discipline if the Patriots owner is found to be involved.

:dry:Sex trafficking story. Pete’s on his 8th latte made with coffee beans picked by slaves.

every story is so much more exaggerated when the Patriots are involved.

Feejis
    Participant

Wife: OMG Cooper and Gaga are about to sing!

Me: OK, I’ve never heard it.

Song plays

Wife: Isn’t that the greatest song ever!

That song sucks.

Lebron
    Participant

I think watching the Christian Hackenberg lowlights in the AAF is downright depressing.

Never forget Pete and these clowns getting off over shitting on guys who continue to work toward a dream.  Maybe he blows, but at least he’s resilient enough to keep trying and play in a different league.  If someone doesn’t stroke Pete’s ego daily he’d find the working conditions inhumane.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

k. RIP Peter Tork, the cool guy in the Monkees, who passed away from tongue cancer last week.

l. Hey, when you’re 10, and you memorize every word to every top 40 song (as I did in 1967), songs like “Daydream Believer” stick with you for a half century.

Of course he did.  :rollseyes:

Also, Peter Tork was ‘the cool guy’ from the Monkees?  :blink: I wouldn’t have picked that as my answer given three guesses.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Big Fat O
    Participant

Fattys column is awful. It’s all over the place.

What are the odds someone from the league gave him the options the Furor will use?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

:dry:Sex trafficking story. Pete’s on his 8th latte made with coffee beans picked by slaves.

When Irsay got caught with pills I don’t remember it being a drug “trafficking” story? Fuck him.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

PK is so goddamned clueless and stupid.

Tork was the clown, the equivalent of Ringo.

Mickey was John, Mike was George, Davey was Paul.

You’d have to be brain damaged not to know that, so of course Fatty showcases his stupidity.

3 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

k. RIP Peter Tork, the cool guy in the Monkees, who passed away from tongue cancer last week.

l. Hey, when you’re 10, and you memorize every word to every top 40 song (as I did in 1967), songs like “Daydream Believer” stick with you for a half century.

Of course he did. :rollseyes:

Also, Peter Tork was ‘the cool guy’ from the Monkees? :blink: I wouldn’t have picked that as my answer given three guesses.

One of the local channels out here was running a bunch of Monkees episodes yesterday that featured Tork. He was definitely not meant to be the “cool guy” at any point and if anyone watched a single minute of the show would have seen this.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It’s like saying John was ‘the quiet Beatle.’

Participant

He’s had the sniffles for 3 weeks and he’s not afraid to let folks know about it

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That time he took a foul ball away from a kid? ‘The Peter King Sports Memorabilia Fraud story.’

GusChiggins
    Participant

Something tells me King wasn’t very cool as a kid (or well ever) so in his mind Tork was cool.

That Hackenberg blurb reminded me King giving Eddie Money a hard time for playing some small venue in Oklahoma.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m sure there are plenty of shots of Fatty is gleaming white sweatshop produced Reeboks

jforb
    Participant

Friday evening, an estimated 8.15 million American TV viewers heard anchor Lester Holt lead the NBC Nightly News this way: “Breaking news tonight … Shock waves as the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots, Robert Kraft, is charged in a day-spa prostitution sting.”

One, two, or three too many zeros in that statement?

Humphrey
    Participant

Ronnie the Limo Driver “Three Games to Glory Hole! YEAHHHHHHH”

Do your (Hand) job!

Coma
    Participant

I think watching the Christian Hackenberg lowlights in the AAF is downright depressing.

Never forget Pete and these clowns getting off over shitting on guys who continue to work toward a dream. Maybe he blows, but at least he’s resilient enough to keep trying and play in a different league. If someone doesn’t stroke Pete’s ego daily he’d find the working conditions inhumane.

This is from the same guy who thinks that when someone in the media loses their job, it’s an injustice, they were a terrific person and were great at their job. It’s okay to mock guys like Hackenberg, though.

Participant

Friday evening, an estimated 8.15 million American TV viewers heard anchor Lester Holt lead the NBC Nightly News this way: “Breaking news tonight … Shock waves as the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots, Robert Kraft, is charged in a day-spa prostitution sting.”

One, two, or three too many zeros in that statement?

An estimated half a billion people saw it on their phones at noon.

Lebron
    Participant

Forgot about the Eddie Money crack.  Pete was probably cackling at that Cosby Show actor who was working at Trader Joes.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar