Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/15/2019 – 3/3/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 192 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

One of the days the police have Kraft visiting the spa was on January 20th, the same day as the AFCCG. He left the spa before 11:30 AM, so he would have had plenty of time to reach KC for a 6:30 game. I bet Kraft now wishes his “Owner of the Home Team Hosts a Party Before the Conference Championship Game” idea caught on. That way, he’d have been hanging around with Clark Hunt on Saturday night and far away from Florida on Sunday. Of course, he also could have ended up getting caught in a sting operation at a Kansas City massage parlor.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

If your lunch has sufficiently settled try and power through this- 4 Ringer staff members (pre-Oscars, so speculative) 3 white, 1 black, ruminating about the outrage of one movie winning over another.  I’m sure the irony of the black guy sitting silent for almost the whole thing until the end while his opaque mayo colleagues solve racism isn’t lost

https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/22/18236142/how-oscars-became-an-outrage-machine-the-big-picture-2019-oscars-preview

Participant

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Speaking of making sure your lunch has sufficiently settled…

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

“Favorite…candy….skittles….favorite…video…game….Gala- could you spell that? G-A-L-A-G-A. Ok. Have…you…ever…seen…a…grown…man…naked…..was that a yes? Anyone other than dad?”

Participant

Can’t a guy unwind the morning of the AFC Championship Game?

“According to a Jupiter police report from Jan. 20 at 10:59 a.m., Kraft paid at least $100 in cash to a woman who performed a sex act. The transaction took about 10 minutes. Later that day, Kraft flew to Kansas City where the Patriots played the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game.”

Lebron
    Participant

I admire the hell out of that kind of efficiency.  I didn’t even have to catch a plane and I would have told the wife ‘hey sorry no time for love Dr. Jones the game kicks off in 10 hours”

4 users thanked author for this post.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

If your lunch has sufficiently settled try and power through this- 4 Ringer staff members (pre-Oscars, so speculative) 3 white, 1 black, ruminating about the outrage of one movie winning over another. I’m sure the irony of the black guy sitting silent for almost the whole thing until the end while his opaque mayo colleagues solve racism isn’t lost

https://www.theringer.com/2019/2/22/18236142/how-oscars-became-an-outrage-machine-the-big-picture-2019-oscars-preview

God damn you Chico. I watched until the “Deputy Editor” started her diatribe. When she started talking about how these movies cause people to “get their shackles up”, I had to check out. The deputy editor. Jesus H Christ. :weei:

Coma
    Participant

A possible ominous sign for Mr. Kraft is that the league has released two statements about his situation already. One was a “monitoring the situation” announcement when the news first broke and today’s was to remind everyone that the personal conduct policy applies to everyone. Maybe it’s nothing, since it’s a high profile case, but, throughout Eli Manning’s fake memorabilia lawsuit, the league had no comment. Once the suit was settled, the NFL announced that defrauding memorabilia dealers and fans didn’t fall under the conduct policy. Since it involves the Patriots, the usual suspects are probably in Goodell’s ear, telling him that he really needs to make an example of Kraft.

jforb
    Participant

I’d put it at least an 80% chance that Kraft took another owner or league official with him. Not sure if that keeps the pressure down a bit or not.

Lebron
    Participant

Kraft is gross Brady is weird but people love the celebrity stalking culture where a photo of Brady hugging Kraft gets circulated and commented on ad nauseum.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

According to Felger and Mazz Krafty Bob should plead guilty and do his community service and maybe he’ll be forgiven. If he fights it the DA will make it ugly.

For the legal eagles here do they need to hear him ask for the special massage or is the money exchange enough?

Lefty

Krafty should take one for the team and say that Mr Weiner is deader than Bob Dole’s dick so no crime could have occurred.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

According to Felger and Mazz Krafty Bob should plead guilty and do his community service and maybe he’ll be forgiven. If he fights it the DA will make it ugly.

For the legal eagles here do they need to hear him ask for the special massage or is the money exchange enough?

Narrator: He wouldn’t be forgiven

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

k. RIP Peter Tork, the cool guy in the Monkees, who passed away from tongue cancer last week.

l. Hey, when you’re 10, and you memorize every word to every top 40 song (as I did in 1967), songs like “Daydream Believer” stick with you for a half century.

Of course he did. :rollseyes:

Also, Peter Tork was ‘the cool guy’ from the Monkees? :blink: I wouldn’t have picked that as my answer given three guesses.

Think of how dorky Pete must have been to think Peter Tork was not only cool, but the coolest Monkee.

Pete wasn’t street enough to memorize “I’m Not Your Stepping Stone.”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

PK is so goddamned clueless and stupid.

Tork was the clown, the equivalent of Ringo.

Mickey was John, Mike was George, Davey was Paul.

You’d have to be brain damaged not to know that, so of course Fatty showcases his stupidity.

Next week, he’ll breathlessly reveal that Hendrix opened for them.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Actually Tork was a great musician but played the fool on the show.

Gotta give Krafty Bob his due that at 77 he can go two days in a row.  :lol:

Lefty

But, rolling up two days in a row in two different Bentleys?   To a cheap rub and tug place in a strip mall?

How to be discreet, Bob

Lebron
    Participant

But, rolling up two days in a row in two different Bentleys? To a cheap rub and tug place in a strip mall?

How to be discreet, Bob

Killing two birds, Annie and Bootleg Barnicle keep winning Bentleys in local raffles, was helping out running the engines.

NASCL
    Participant

If it doesn’t lift, you must acquit.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“Southside Johnny can we have your autograph? And have you heard from Bruce?”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I believe the guy in front is MacAdam, but who is the other guy with a stache?

Hacksaw
    Participant

The Wolf : You guys look like… What do they look like, Jimmie?

Jimmie : Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Kmac
    Participant

Buckley

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Buckley

I think someone last week suggested that the third ‘stache is Mike Shalin (Herald) … where is he these days?  (Assuming he’s still coming down to breakfast.)

All the people who are mystified that Kraft’s transgressions (as revealed so far) aren’t making Patriots’ fans quit being Patriots’ fans might be interested in the gentle reminder that Tom Yawkey owned a house of prostitution in South Carolina (which was called The Lodge … you can’t make this shit up) for decades.  So, in plain terms: Kraft was a john … but Yawkey was a pimp* (although not as sleazy as Tattaglia).  So maybe this dubious legacy should be considered, along with the last-to-integrate legacy, by every Red Sox fan. Globe reporters can read all about Yawkey’s Home for Unconditional Release in former colleague Ben Bradlee Jr.’s 2013 book about Ted Williams; Bradlee devotes an entire chapter to The Lodge.

*It always comes back to baseball, Danny.

8 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar