Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/15/2019 – 3/3/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 192 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 193 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Normally, you’re impressed when you see an old picture of someone and they haven’t aged a bit in the 30 years. Then there’s Shank.

Coma
    Participant

But, rolling up two days in a row in two different Bentleys? To a cheap rub and tug place in a strip mall?

How to be discreet, Bob

In a sad way, don’t the chauffeured Bentleys and returning the day after being stopped by the police show that Kraft had no idea about human trafficking at the spa? If you knew there might be bad stuff happening there and the cops ID’d you shortly after you left, there’s no way you’d go back the next day. Or maybe Kraft is just a horny sociopath.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Krafty should take one for the team and say that Mr Weiner is deader than Bob Dole’s dick so no crime could have occurred.

Your non-firing munition is my petition!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

But, rolling up two days in a row in two different Bentleys? To a cheap rub and tug place in a strip mall?

How to be discreet, Bob

In a sad way, don’t the chauffeured Bentleys and returning the day after being stopped by the police show that Kraft had no idea about human trafficking at the spa? If you knew there might be bad stuff happening there and the cops ID’d you shortly after you left, there’s no way you’d go back the next day. Or maybe Kraft is just a horny sociopath.

I think the “police IDed him after he left” angle is overblown nonsense. It was 10 minutes later and he had a driver. How many times in his life do you think Bob has been involved in a traffic stop? And this is Florida which is basically Thunderdome.

He’s supposed to expect they’re onto him? Talk about revisionist history bullshit.

Humphrey
    Participant

Mike Shalin “covers Boston pro sports for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News” according to a byline I found.

Seemed like his last few years at the Herald his primary task was covering BC hoops and football.

Participant

Even this couldn’t bump Robert from the top of Boston.Com

Mindy Kaling was criticized for supporting Aziz Ansari. Here’s how she responded.

jforb
    Participant

Such a strange obsession

Are they good enough to compete with a Lightning squad in a seven-game series, if Tampa is healthy? Not they are not. Not even sure adding a Mark Stone would have done that.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Yesterday, Dak Prescott’s Pit Bull bit a civilian. Victim went to the hospital.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Such a strange obsession

Are they good enough to compete with a Lightning squad in a seven-game series, if Tampa is healthy? Not they are not. Not even sure adding a Mark Stone would have done that.

That’s Haggs, right? They could’ve added Gretzky, Lemieux and Bourque and he’d have the same story.

Same thing, different team. The regular season and playoffs are meaningless because you’re not going to win a title, so don’t enjoy anything. And even if you do win it all, you got lucky or didn’t win with enough style points or won’t be able to keep the team together.

3 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Such a strange obsession

That’s Haggs, right? They could’ve added Gretzky, Lemieux and Bourque and he’d have the same story.

Same thing, different team. The regular season and playoffs are meaningless because you’re not going to win a title, so don’t enjoy anything. And even if you do win it all, you got lucky or didn’t win with enough style points or won’t be able to keep the team together.

Coach

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Coach

Figures. Haggs had the same tired trope though.

Feejis
    Participant

These guys must be watching a different Mark Stone than I have been. Having a career year in a contract year. Solid 20-25 goal scorer but he’s not Guy Lafleur for chrissakes. His next 30 goal season will be his first.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Leafs haven’t appeared in the Cup finals in over 50 years, and are behind the Bruins in the standings yet Bruin fans need to be worried. What a loon he is.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

These guys must be watching a different Mark Stone than I have been. Having a career year in a contract year. Solid 20-25 goal scorer but he’s not Guy Lafleur for chrissakes. His next 30 goal season will be his first.

8x$9.5? Someone needs to give the B’s credit for locking up Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak all under $7. Too busy crying about Backes and Krejci to notice I guess. Leafs are younger and more dynamic but they’re looking at Matthews, Tavares and Marner all north of $11.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

The Leafs haven’t appeared in the Cup finals in over 50 years, and are behind the Bruins in the standings yet Bruin fans need to be worried. What a loon he is.

Leafs have nine free agents next year (including Marner and Kapanen looking at bumps from their ELCs) and only $6m in cap space.

Participant

Coach

Figures. Haggs had the same tired trope though.

“second tier” “move the needle”  How has Joe Zarbano missed putting this talent on the air full time?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Hey Coach Craig, you’re wrong so often about football, please share your thoughts on hockey.

I didn’t realize how much Tampa has won. Oh wait, they been to one Stanley cup final recently. Plus there’s a definite trend of President Trophy winners going on to win the Stanley cup. Oh wait, there hasnt.

Maybe the lightning will ‘grip their sticks too tight’ come the playoffs?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I really don’t get all of the hate by the media for Krafty Bob. I know many think all the Patriot Way is a bunch of bullshit but he always seems to treat the media well.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Something tells me that once the media firestorm over Kraft’s Spa Weekend dies down TMZ is going to get hold of the police tape and it will all come roaring back. This story may have legs all the way to the draft. :dry:

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Contrast with Joe McDonald in the Athletic:

“I like what Sweeney has done,” said one NHL executive. “He’s a hard-working GM; you’ve got to give him credit. It’s pretty good. They’re also well coached; a lot of it is coaching for them. (Bruce) Cassidy has done a nice job there – very well done.”

“(Johansson’s) got great skill. He’s good on the power play and he’s been hot lately, but he’s soft,” said the NHL executive. “You’re hoping he’s going to play a little bit harder, because he’s looking for a contract next year, but it gives them skill. I love how they upgraded with Coyle and he’ll be a better player for them. (The Bruins) made some upgrades and they certainly have a shot. If they play Toronto in the first round, they’ll beat them.”

Participant

I really don’t get all of the hate by the media for Krafty Bob. I know many think all the Patriot Way is a bunch of bullshit but he always seems to treat the media well.

“What have you learned Robert?”

“That Goodell and my partners are shitbags and so is the media.”

“BSMW had both first.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m hoping Johansson turns into the B’s version of Nathan Eovaldi come playoff time. Probably won’t happen but you never know.

Coma
    Participant

Something tells me that once the media firestorm over Kraft’s Spa Weekend dies down TMZ is going to get hold of the police tape and it will all come roaring back. This story may have legs all the way to the draft. :dry:

Apparently, the lawyers are trying to block the release of Kraft’s tape (and, I assume, the tapes of the other guys.) I’m sure it will be leaked or officially released at some point, though.

We know Kraft was involved and we’ll be able to see his visits :puke: at some point, if we want. When are some people going to be charged with human trafficking and when will we learn their names? That narrative was the aspect of this story that made it far worse than just a “normal” prostitution sting. Not many details have been released on that front, yet, though.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Apparently, the lawyers are trying to block the release of Kraft’s tape (and, I assume, the tapes of the other guys.) I’m sure it will be leaked or officially released at some point, though.

We know Kraft was involved and we’ll be able to see his visits :puke: at some point, if we want. When are some people going to be charged with human trafficking and when will we learn their names? That narrative was the aspect of this story that made it far worse than just a “normal” prostitution sting. Not many details have been released on that front, yet, though.

You’ve  heard the last of the human trafficking. That is just the local PD/Sheriff’s way of prying more money/tanks/urban assault vehicles out of the federal government. By saying they are working human trafficking, they feel like it makes them look cutting edge. 99% of the time it’s a load of bullshit. This one clearly falls in the 99%. My guess is, left to their own devices, these ladies would have been elbow deep in RK’s pockets within weeks, if they weren’t already.

This is the prostitution equivalent of the drug guys talking about their mediocre drug bust with “ties to the cartel” and a street value of 9 Billion dollars. The pearl clutchers are going to have to find a new cause, because this one is DUN.

Hacksaw
    Participant

If Kraft did this in Vegas this would be a non-story.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar