Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/15/2019 – 3/3/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 192 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

The media want Kraft to either plead guilty or be found guilty so he can beg for their forgiveness. What a bunch of low life’s.

I would love to see Kraft go full heel and make all his public appearances accompanied by a team of Asian masseuses. He could say things to the media like, “Buddy, you couldn’t pay a woman to be with you now, forget about when you’re 77.”

7 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

The media want Kraft to either plead guilty or be found guilty so he can beg for their forgiveness. What a bunch of low life’s.

I would love to see Kraft go full heel and make all his public appearances accompanied by a team of Asian masseuses. He could say things to the media like, “Buddy, you couldn’t pay a woman to be with you now, forget about when you’re 77.”

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

I always thought Tiger should have had a different stripper on the bag each round after he went through his issues.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

“We had average values of $45 million offered on shorter-term deals,” Harper’s agent, Scott Boras, told the New York Post. “We had a full buffet.”

So you signed a 13 year deal no opt outs averaging about $20 million per year less?  You don’t think if you signed a 3 or 4 year deal that at age 29 or 30 you could have gotten another good contract at around what your average would be at that point in the longer contract and be 60 or 80 million more ahead?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Chico I park at Museum of Science. Quick walk, I think I pay $11.

BrianInLA
    Participant

This probably means that Betts gets about $400m once he hits free agency.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Actually offering him $400m/12 now would he take it? $33.3m a year for a guy that will probably be really good for at least 10 years. Though I thought the same of Nomar and wouldn’t let anyone tell me otherwise. Now he’s a tv guy for the Dodgers.

Lebron
    Participant

He’d have to have at least an opt out.  That’s probably the last contract Harper signs.  Trout will probably get his deal first, then Betts.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

going to my first Celtics game in about 5 years in a couple of weeks, if you were coming from my neck of the woods does it make more sense to drive and park or take the train? Monday 3/18

Chico- rent a box truck and come in through the Islington section of Westwood:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

8 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Trout is getting a billion from either the Yankees or Dodgers. Write it down.

Lefty

“We had average values of $45 million offered on shorter-term deals,” Harper’s agent, Scott Boras, told the New York Post. “We had a full buffet.”

So you signed a 13 year deal no opt outs averaging about $20 million per year less? You don’t think if you signed a 3 or 4 year deal that at age 29 or 30 you could have gotten another good contract at around what your average would be at that point in the longer contract and be 60 or 80 million more ahead?

I smell a lot of dog on Harper.  I think they needed term as he plans on going the full Sandoval and eating himself into oblivion.     He’ll need to switch to DH well before the mid point of that contract. Good luck in the NL.   Glad it’s the Phillies.  Will enjoy their fans losing their shit in a couple of years.

jforb
    Participant

I’d be shocked in the NL doesn’t add a DH by the time the next collective bargaining agreement goes through.

Lefty

I’d be shocked in the NL doesn’t add a DH by the time the next collective bargaining agreement goes through.

You’re going to need a very, very large fainting couch

4 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Its almost as if the local media has no idea what its talking about when it comes to the local hockey team. There is just NO WAY they will ever beat TB. Dont even imagine it you fanboys/girls.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Big win by B’s.  Maybe Sweeney knows what he is going by bettering the depth.  Have a legit NHL center on the third line helps a LOT.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Coach called it a big-boy game  :-(

Hacksaw
    Participant

If Lucchino was still involved Betts would be getting the standard 4 year $40 Million. Plus “Betts likes playing in Boston”.

Participant

The Patriots life coach is leaving and a river of urine is running down state st from the globes hq because of it.

Claude45
    Participant

So all the “Big Pats Fan” armchair GMs get ready. We’ve got some meat on the bone for you.

“Bill the GM is killing Bill the coach”

Browns linebacker Jamie Collins future in Cleveland could be decided today.

It doesn’t take much reading between the lines to realize Dorsey doesn’t think Collins at his scheduled $10.5 million salary is part of his plan, but that’s why people negotiate.

The Browns could either restructure Collins’ deal or just get rid of him, as Dorsey said plainly that Collins’ play didn’t justify that kind of number.

“You need athletic playmakerz. How can Bill trade his best defensive player in the middle of the season? Stop being cheap and pay him!”

Browns linebacker Jamie Collins future in Cleveland could be decided today.

It doesn’t take much reading between the lines to realize Dorsey doesn’t think Collins at his scheduled $10.5 million salary is part of his plan, but that’s why people negotiate.

The Browns could either restructure Collins’ deal or just get rid of him, as Dorsey said plainly that Collins’ play didn’t justify that kind of number.

Claude45
    Participant

The Patriots life coach is leaving and a river of urine is running down state st from the globes hq because of it.

Bury your head in the sand!!! It’s all over down there!!!! Everybody’s gone!! When has that team ever, EVER, shown any ability to overcome difficulties!! Bonehead fanboy!! The cliff is here.

Some guy on twitter thinks the life coach leaving “hints” at everyone below Jonathan retiring. Coaches and players. All of them. Mind you 24 hours ago, he didn’t know the guy existed but now he’s more vital to the Pats than Belichick and Brady combined.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Claude45.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Claude45.
    5 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

THEY NEED MARC EDWARDS BACK!

Coma
    Participant

Bury your head in the sand!!! It’s all over down there!!!! Everybody’s gone!! When has that team ever, EVER, shown any ability to overcome difficulties!! Bonehead fanboy!! The cliff is here.

Some guy on twitter thinks the life coach leaving “hints” at everyone below Jonathan retiring. Coaches and players. All of them. Mind you 24 hours ago, he didn’t know the guy existed but now he’s more vital to the Pats than Belichick and Brady combined.

I might be imagining this, but wasn’t the hiring of a character coach made light of by the media when it was first announced? Now that the guy is moving on, these same people are treating his departure as a sign of trouble in the organization.

Participant

I don’t ever remember seeing this bill quote before

An organization that proudly suffers wins as hard as it does losses — once, after the Pats missed a fourth-and-inches in a blowout win, Belichick griped to the players, “Fourth and the size of my d— and we can’t get the first down?”

Claude45
    Participant

I might be imagining this, but wasn’t the hiring of a character coach made light of by the media when it was first announced? Now that the guy is moving on, these same people are treating his departure as a sign of trouble in the organization.

No idea but it tracks.

“Now this team needs to hire a glorified babysitter? A life coach? Sounds more like a snake oil salesman to me. Character Coach? Gimme a break. First the TB12 method. Now a touchy feely hippie to make sure all the little millennial babies feelings aren’t hurt. Gimme a break. Soorriey, it’s over. You think Belichick wants this guy hanging around? Sounds to me like something forced on him by Kraft and probably Brady. Where’s the toughness? Sure, Coughlin just won a Superbowl  but he’s getting old. The second there is a sniff he’s done, just a SNIFF, Belichick is going to run, not walk, RUN down the Jersey Turnpike and take over his dream job. You honks will all tell me this is nothing. That this is a good thing. I’m not buying it.

90 seconds no commercials while Mazz runs out to my car and grabs my shawl before I catch my death in this chilly studio.”

8 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

:lol:

That photo of Felger with the napkin over his sandals in that chilly Nantucket restaurant should have been preserved in our FUPSB on  :ph34r: ./

I have been really been enjoying the videos of the Pats’ defensive front abusing the Rams’ OL (and Goff) since Soupey 53.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar