Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/16/2018 Mandatory Sensitivity Training Thread

This topic contains 29 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Also, Happy Chinese New Years to Christian Fauria.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The sensitivity trainers, are they in man coverage, or zone?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

I hope the facilitator is a pedantic Ordway clone. <hushed tone> It’s about tolerance, Lou. 

What are approved terms for lazy black athletes then, Gerry? Hold on hold on let me get out my Slur Book. 

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I bet EEI hired the cheapest cut-rate firm to do their training. Probably just go over a few power point presentations and have a 3 hour lunch. By March they will be right back at it.

Beaker
    Participant

Fauria’s first question: “Why is being white so wong?”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The highlight of the day will be Merloni, Reimer, Minihane and Keefe’s a-capella rendition of The Who’s classic Behind Blue Eyes.

Lefty

Fauria:  “So, if I had given Don Yee a voice like Shaft, that would have been ok, right?”

Callahan:   “well….he’s one of the good ones….”

Reimer:  “I know all about shaft”

Minihane:  “I’ve done vigilante killings before…like my high school basketball coach”

Holley: “you’re talking about RICHARD ROUNDTREE??   you want to bring RICHARD ROUNDTREE into this?”

Dale:  “I just want to point out that the Bruins had Willie O’Ree on the roster before anyone else di…..”

Keefe:  “I’d like to ask Manager John how he would handle his rotation during a suspension issue like this”

Mutt: “I don’t think it is right to offer us breakfast, but give me a “virgin” mary”

Merloni:  “I married a virgin dancer.”

Ordway:  “I think she knows a little about eight in the box, Lou”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Minihane: So if Lou can do the Italian stereotype voice because he’s Italian, and Christian can do the black stereotype voice because he’s got some African-American in him, could Reimer have done the chinky voice if he ever had some Chinese in him?

Facilitator:  (heavy sigh, goes to front of room and theatrically resets a large digital clock back to zero)

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

The training is basically this without the humor.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It’s a darn shame L’il Jerry is no longer with WEEI. His quick wit would have no doubt livened up the proceedings.

jforb
    Participant

Minihane: So if Lou can do the Italian stereotype voice because he’s Italian, and Christian can do the black stereotype voice because he’s got some African-American in him, could Reimer have done the chinky voice if he ever had some Chinese in him?

Facilitator: (heavy sigh, goes to front of room and theatrically resets a large digital clock back to zero)

Alex, he meant ancestors, not last night.

Beaker
    Participant

<everybody> Chinese people never swear…

Participant

2nd question, “Can we watch 16 Candles during lunch?”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Trudy: “Can… Can I say… which [N-Word] stole my donut?”

[pause]

Officer Dangle: “That would be wildly inappropriate.”

For some reason, that scene from Reno 911 wasn’t on YouTube. :lol:

Nick B
    Participant

lunch time movie ” Blazing Saddles ”

Callahan : Best Movie Ever!!

Lefty

Followed by “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” starring noted Asian thespian Mickey Rooney.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lefty.

Coma
    Participant

Racially insensitive EEI employees were running free throughout the seminar.

Nick B
    Participant

closing number by al jolson

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was a little wobbly this morning but I think the trade off for no K&C was 6 hours of Mike Florio this morning.

InThisTown
    Participant

<Callahan and Ordway stroll to their cars>

Ya know what Glenny. I really learned something today. You can’t just go through life casually using terms that might be hurtful. Whatta you say we go across the street to 98.5 and PERSON OF COLOR knock them before we go home?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

ZO: “Ever rocked to ‘Josie’? The greatest [unintelligible] song about being hot for underage tail EVER! You got a sound system up there? Nevermind, I got these speakers I can snap on my phone. This is SOOOOOO great!”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Only 20 posts by 1 pm.

OK, give it up. How many of you are sequestered in Sensitivity Training?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

ZO: “Ever rocked to ‘Josie’? The greatest [unintelligible] song about being hot for underage tail EVER! You got a sound system up there? Nevermind, I got these speakers I can snap on my phone. This is SOOOOOO great!”

I looked up the lyrics to Josie (Actually “Your Love”) last time it was discussed. I came to the conclusion that it’s about trying to mack on an older woman, not a younger one.

“Josie’s on a vacation far away
    Come around and talk it over
    So many things that I want to say
    You know I like my girls a little bit older”

My age appropriate girlfriend is out of town, so come over. You know I like old biddies like you, right?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Poor Kevin

26m26 minutes ago

Water temp at my in-laws pool in Del Boca Vista is about 95 degrees. I take colder showers.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

closing number by al jolson

I thought that was Mut.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Callahan probably looked at the list of banned words and said why should even bother coming in anymore.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

ZO: “Ever rocked to ‘Josie’? The greatest [unintelligible] song about being hot for underage tail EVER! You got a sound system up there? Nevermind, I got these speakers I can snap on my phone. This is SOOOOOO great!”

I looked up the lyrics to Josie (Actually “Your Love”) last time it was discussed. I came to the conclusion that it’s about trying to mack on an older woman, not a younger one. “Josie’s on a vacation far away Come around and talk it over So many things that I want to say You know I like my girls a little bit older” My age appropriate girlfriend is out of town, so come over. You know I like old biddies like you, right?

Not to go all Steve Morse here, but I took the line  “I like my girls a little bit older” as a defensive statement. “You’re kinda young and don’t usually go down this path, but in your case…”
    And now between the two of us we have given this song more thought than anyone else on the planet. I’m going back to James Brown.

Lefty

Herald hockey beat writer Steve Harris apparently died.  :(

jforb
    Participant

Herald hockey beat writer Steve Harris apparently died. 🙁

And someone made it all about baseball

InThisTown
    Participant

Holding the record for number of all time Play Deep listens, Chick X is an older broad and that has never been in doubt. Also, Zo not calling it Your Love makes me want to stab his good eye.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar