Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/17-2/19 President’s Day Weekend

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Midnight Oil is on the Canada Curling team.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Lefty on lefty crime: Musturd goes after Shirley Leung.

Coma
    Participant

An old item:

Remember all the talk of Brady’s production slipping at the end of the season (He threw 6 INTs in a 5 game stretch and didn’t go over 300 yards in any of those) and he didn’t deserve the MVP award? In the playoffs, he threw for 8 TDs, 0 INTs and over 1100 yards.

And a more recent one:

The NFL announced yesterday that they cleared interim Panthers GM Marty Hurney of harassment charges filed by his ex-wife. Hurney’s attorney commented on the “devastating” impact these false claims had on Hurney and his family. This would be an excellent opportunity for Hurney to reflect on false claims that he’s made about the Patriots and think about the impact his statements have made, but there’s zero chance of that happening.

BrianInLA
    Participant

An old item: Remember all the talk of Brady’s production slipping at the end of the season (He threw 6 INTs in a 5 game stretch and didn’t go over 300 yards in any of those) and he didn’t deserve the MVP award? In the playoffs, he threw for 8 TDs, 0 INTs and over 1100 yards.

In only 3 games. Against 2 of the top 5 defenses in the league.

Humphrey
    Participant

In the Tutti Shitty Baseball Notes Column di Shitty Baseball Notes Column, it’s Nickles’ annual Rate the Managers post.    Just warnin’ ya.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’d love to see Valentine get one last job with some lousy team in the NL Central just to see Nick contort himself into ranking him in the Top 3.   :lol:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

In the Tutti Shitty Baseball Notes Column di Shitty Baseball Notes Column, it’s Nickles’ annual Rate the Managers post. Just warnin’ ya.

He’s STILL fluffing Bobby V? He’s more loyal than a collie (and considerably less bright).

Yahtzee
    Participant

I should get a medal for the way I navigated to, through and out of Mike’s Pastry on a late afternoon Saturday with Disney on Ice in town.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

In the Tutti Shitty Baseball Notes Column di Shitty Baseball Notes Column, it’s Nickles’ annual Rate the Managers post. Just warnin’ ya.

He’s STILL fluffing Bobby V? He’s more loyal than a collie (and considerably less bright).

What’s wrong Lassie? Bobby V fell down a well again?

Gimp
    Participant

Reclined at our cabin in VT watching The Wire enjoying several Maple Syrup Old Fashioneds. Life is good.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I started up The Wire too. I still enjoy it…it’s all about the props.

Gimp
    Participant

Every line. Every conversation matters later.  There’s The Wire and Breaking Bad, and the there’s everything else.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Every line. Every conversation matters later. There’s The Wire and Breaking Bad, and the there’s everything else.

Um, hello …

Gimp
    Participant

I forgot about the cupcakes.

Humphrey
    Participant

He kept Bobby V out of it…but it would take him years to underrate Buck Showalter to even out all the times he’s overrated him.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Every line. Every conversation matters later. There’s The Wire and Breaking Bad, and the there’s everything else.

Um, hello …

Mel Sharpels used to call these two dingy broads.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice pull, Hack.

TJM
    Participant

God damn Kat Dennings has some nice tits

InThisTown
    Participant

Not enough eye rolls.

InThisTown
    Participant

Nothing mattered like the Marie Schrader shoplifting storyline!!

Ironhead
    Participant

:ph34r: :ph34r:`

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ironhead.

Coma
    Participant

I caught the last 5 minutes or so of the Patriots-Steelers game from this past season today. Even though that game was only 2 months ago, I think the collective fit Steelers and Patriots hating fans threw after the game ruined my recollection of things. I think the popular narrative for that game was that the Steelers were trailing the Patriots for much of the game, then finally had a chance to win at then end, only to be screwed by the worst officiating decision in league history.

I had forgotten that the Steelers had an 8 point lead with 7 1/2 minutes to go and a 5 point lead with just under 4 minutes left. They also had the ball and the lead with 2 1/2 minutes left, but threw a short pass on 3rd and 4 that resulted in Smith-Schuster being tackled short of the 1st down marker. Their defense then surrendered a TD and 2 point conversion on a 5 play drive, where New England only faced 1 second down.

All the focus that went on the James non-TD call took the attention away from the fact that the Steelers choked that game away, at home, with the #1 seed on the line. If that was a New England team, fans and media would be killing the players and coach over that kind of loss.

“Why sure, girl who claims you once danced in one of my videos, I’d be happy to pose for a picture with your grandfather.”

Kevin
    Participant

Has Gerry said “persons of color” in the whiny baby voice yet?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The WEEI Typos guy on Twitter appears to have lost the plot with regard to Zo and Bertrand.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

Y, N, N (from left to right).   After the shit you guys gave me last week, want to make it perfectly queer clear   :dry:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Sensitivity Training hoax = Flight to Ft. Myers.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Boston Red Sox have agreed to a deal with J.D. Martinez, ending their stalemate with the free-agent slugger, a source told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez.

Martinez agreed to a five-year contract and can opt out of the deal after two seasons. According to FanRag Sports, the deal is worth $110 million, with $50 million to be paid over the first two seasons.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

At last!  Nick Cafardo’s long nightmare is over!

Humphrey
    Participant

At last! Nick Cafardo’s long nightmare is over!

I was thinking more along the lines of “wet dream” w/regard to Nick and this deal.
    Also, Shank shat on the move in record time.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The Boston Red Sox have agreed to a deal with J.D. Martinez, ending their stalemate with the free-agent slugger, a source told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez. Martinez agreed to a five-year contract and can opt out of the deal after two seasons. According to FanRag Sports, the deal is worth $110 million, with $50 million to be paid over the first two seasons.

“It is done, Master Boras.”  – N.C.

“Finally, Dombrowski has acted. Now we have a newbie who will talk to us and let us display our transciption and sitting-in-a-chair-asking-vanilla-questions skills. He’ll learn to cold-shoulder us soon enough! The time for Think Pieces is NOW!”  — Boston Sports Media

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Also, Shank shat on the move in record time.

In our 24×7 of Felger world, you have to move fast to be the #1 Contrarian. (Even though I hate the deal, too.)

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar