Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/18 — 2/24/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 282 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 283 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Can someone translate this paragraph into English?

It’s one thing to go on a Western Conference swing and play really well — the Bruins won 8 of 10 during a similar stretch around the same time last year — and be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, because the Bruins reside in one of the toughest divisions in hockey. In case you forgot, the Lightning are a wagon (plus-77; Bruins are a plus-26) and curb-stomped Boston last year.

you know who else was a wagon?   the Chiefs, Rams and Saints.

How’d that work our for them?

3 users thanked author for this post.

In a stunning development, TBH adds relevant context to a story:

That he adds any context alone is earth-shattering.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I don’t follow hockey much but did Tampa really curb stomp the Bruins last year? Thought it was a tight series and a couple breaks went against Boston?

Lebron
    Participant

For all of the bullshit you heard all year long with those teams specifically the Rams and the Chiefs with the apex being that abomination of a Monday night game, no mention or ‘analysis’ about the Patriots beating those teams back to back with everything on the line and squashing the Paul Westhead 200 points a game approach.  Instead it’s what a boring game the game’s MVP was on PEDs and doesn’t belong in the Hall of Fame this coin flip in OT stuff is stupid that wasn’t roughing the passer etc.  I can’t wait for Do Your Job III where you see the Patriots breaking down each of these teams’ tendencies and how preparation and grinding and willingness to give it all emerges victorious yet again.   Then it will be right back to Showtime Mahomes OMG the Rams ad nauseum.

11 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Participant

Lady Clairol will be delighted Pena’s back.

Lebron
    Participant

Neither of those teams would have recovered from the Dolphins and Steelers losses, which were tough losses.  Media babied those teams when they lost – “yeah but Showtime was Showtime!” and “well the Rams were missing Gurley but they’ll monster throttle it when he gets back” and even the Saints it was slobbering Brees’s knob the likes we haven’t seen since Favre.   Bunch of pussy lacking resiliency motherfuckers.  I love Payton saying he binged Netflix and ate ice cream after the Rams game.  Figures.  Bill would have been preparing for the draft and free agency.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Buck thought it said Penis.

Nick B
    Participant

Buck thought it said Penis.

Bucks just checking for wood. Heard he carries a big stick.

Lebron
    Participant

Again, why the hell do you need 3 people let alone 5 people for a baseball game?  Are Saltalamacchia and Pena studio analysts or in the booth too?  Not that it matters but Pena played like 20 games for the Red Sox and Salty was one season, or maybe it was 2.  Pena gets the Haverhill heroin shout out.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Salty was actually here for 3+ seasons but that’s beside the point. I think they can’t-won’t commit to anyone doing it full time so they rotate.

chicowalker
    Participant

Baseball nerds fondle themselves over Vin Scully (who was fine IMO) how about trying to replicate that?

Suzy
    Participant

Salty was actually here for 3+ seasons but that’s beside the point. I think they can’t-won’t commit to anyone doing it full time so they rotate.

He’s terrible in the booth iirc.

jforb
    Participant

Can’t commit means the players or the team/network?

Lebron
    Participant

Wow, had no clue he was with the Red Sox that long.  I remember he was one of the big pieces in that Texiera trade but never really turned in to what they thought he would be.

Feejis
    Participant

Can’t commit means the players or the team/network?

I have zero basis of knowledge here but I’d assume a little of both. NESN has done the rotating cast of studio people for both Bruins and Sox for years and I’m assuming all parties like it that way. No long term commitment for the retired guys but keeps them in the mind’s eye and puts a little cash in their pocket.

Dayul and Caron need to show up for every game but the other guys probably have no desire, especially for those west coast games. And the network can limit the exposure of the big time dullards like Raycroft and Rice.

Lebron
    Participant

Great to see Kyrie talk to fart sniffer extraordinaire Rachel Nichols reiterating he called James to apologize for being a passive aggressive cunto and describe the Celtics locker room as full of youngins who think they’re capable of more which is great but they need to mature, and that he was mad about his minutes at one point.  Hard pass on this needy fuck.

NASCL
    Participant

Former Division 1 tennis player not a fan of the deal for Coyle.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Former Division 1 tennis player not a fan of the deal for Coyle.

Shank’s niece?

Lebron
    Participant

That fat pig Lifshatz I’m guessing.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That fat pig Lifshatz I’m guessing.

Tennis balls are supposed to be round, not tennis players.

https://bjbsjournal.com/2019/02/16/a-bjbsj-investigstion-did-dan-lifshatz-really-play-division-1-tennis-in-college/

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

I’m not a huge fan of Coyle or Donato so don’t really care. I guess it might benefit them this year at least.

Lefty

I’m not a huge fan of Coyle or Donato so don’t really care. I guess it might benefit them this year at least.

Agreed, with the exception I think Coyle is a more NHL level player right now and more able to help them than Donato.

which, upon further review, is pretty much what you said

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Lefty.

Participant

WAGON!

Aren’t you supposed to add, “, bro” to that?

Mistakes were made.

”Bolts are a wagon Bro.”

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Donato : Coyle :: Spooner : Backes

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 283 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar