Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/18 — 2/24/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 282 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 283 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

Donato : Coyle :: Spooner : Backes

Spooner just got traded again – his 3rd team this season.

Yahtzee
    Participant

A little hard to believe Dick Vitale is not doing UNC-Duke.  Delightful.  But surprising.

Feejis
    Participant

Obviously Tirico is a smarmy douche but he’s doing a nice job on PBP of the Wings/Blackhawks game. Don’t think I ever heard him do hockey before.

Lebron
    Participant

Steelers GM gives Rapist carte blanche to shoot his mouth off about anyone he wants.  Way to run an organization guys  :lol:

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Again, why the hell do you need 3 people let alone 5 people for a baseball game? Are Saltalamacchia and Pena studio analysts or in the booth too? Not that it matters but Pena played like 20 games for the Red Sox and Salty was one season, or maybe it was 2. Pena gets the Haverhill heroin shout out.

On a positive note, Lyons has been relegated to the Tom Caron Pre- and Post-Game Screech Fest, so he won’t be in the booth in 2019.

jforb
    Participant

Not that I get doing it anyway, but why would you drive to the office, park in the garage and put your wipers up?

Humphrey
    Participant

A little hard to believe Dick Vitale is not doing UNC-Duke. Delightful. But surprising.

Hopefully Mikey K was not whistling through the graveyard and Zion’s essentially ok. Which would mean the big loser last night was Nike…how the hell does that happen when these kids have access to new shoes on a regular basis?

Oh, and lest I forget. Nothing that gets a sporting event off on the wrong foot more than a camera shot of Spike Lee. I hope Zion is not damaged goods and the Knicks don’t win the lottery.

Claude45
    Participant

In other words, don’t enjoy these games puckheads because no matter how fun the come from behind overtime wins are, you’re not getting by Tampa.

Rinse, lather and repeat. Team after team. Season after Season. It must feel great to be objectively wrong all the time.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

Can someone translate this paragraph into English?

It’s one thing to go on a Western Conference swing and play really well — the Bruins won 8 of 10 during a similar stretch around the same time last year — and be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender, because the Bruins reside in one of the toughest divisions in hockey. In case you forgot, the Lightning are a wagon (plus-77; Bruins are a plus-26) and curb-stomped Boston last year.

you know who else was a wagon? the Chiefs, Rams and Saints.

How’d that work our for them?

Yankees, Astros and Dodgers

Coma
    Participant

In other words, don’t enjoy these games puckheads because no matter how fun the come from behind overtime wins are, you’re not getting by Tampa.

Rinse, lather and repeat. Team after team. Season after Season. It must feel great to be objectively wrong all the time.

If being wrong constantly has no consequences for the sports media, why not be wrong predicting that the Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox/Patriots are going to play great in the future and go far in the playoffs? Or is being labeled a “homer” the worst thing in the world for them?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

Just a note to all the douchebags out there that tell me to get over my Patriots Persecution Complex. With CJ Anderson coming out a saying that Gurley was hurt but NEVER showed up on the injury list, please tell me that if it were White, Michel or Burkhead, we would still hear a whole lot of nothing on it. Nothing from the NFL. Nothing from the Media. Nothing from the Rams (the Patriots keeping their mouths shut should be the model for all these whiney teams and Polians of the world).

There is no way you look at me with a straight face and say this would be handled the same way. You can’t.

Claude45
    Participant

If being wrong constantly has no consequences for the sports media, why not be wrong predicting that the Celtics/Bruins/Red Sox/Patriots are going to play great in the future and go far in the playoffs? Or is being labeled a “homer” the worst thing in the world for them?

That’s the thing right, only negative is objective. Somehow saying the a team that has won 78% of it’s games for 18 years has a chance to pull it together and win is the pinnacle of blind fanboy lunacy. Then when they do it, it’s you’re a liar if you thought they could. Up is down and black is white.

jforb
    Participant

Coyle is not going to put this team over the top of the likes of the Lightning.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Just a note to all the douchebags out there that tell me to get over my Patriots Persecution Complex. With CJ Anderson coming out a saying that Gurley was hurt but NEVER showed up on the injury list, please tell me that if it were White, Michel or Burkhead, we would still hear a whole lot of nothing on it. Nothing from the NFL. Nothing from the Media. Nothing from the Rams (the Patriots keeping their mouths shut should be the model for all these whiney teams and Polians of the world).

There is no way you look at me with a straight face and say this would be handled the same way. You can’t.

The way the local media is spinning it is saying that TECHNICALLY Gurley DID practice and thus doesn’t have to appear on the injury report for missing part(s) of practice. I have no idea how accurate that is but its what they’re trying to sell and I agree completely that if it were the Pats they’d be losing yet another draft pick.

Claude45
    Participant

Mazz last year on the Red Sox. Crapped on them while they won 108 games. Crapped on them in the Yankees series. Sox win 3-1. Crapped on them in the Astros series. Sox win 4-1. Crapped on them in the Dodgers series. Sox win 4-1.

It’s really not possible to more wrong than Mazz about the sport he’s supposed to be strongest in with the team he’s “closest” to. I’m sure he was reasonable in his discussions with fans who had the gall to think the Sox were a good team. So Mazz, you can say, “you couldn’t have predicted this”. Although I’m sure many did but you disregarded their opinions out of hand and with contempt. Newsflash, they were right and you were wrong. They don’t get paid a lot of money to predict these things. You do. You are lazy and have no idea what you are looking at, so at least have some humility when you are being humbled. This year he’ll be right back being the same ignorant, braying, arrogant, know nothing jackass.

Local sports talkers? Useless jerkoffs, one and all. Mazz right up there at the top of the list. Nothing is sadder and more pathetic than sports radio white knights. Cringeworthy.

Claude45
    Participant

The way the local media is spinning it is saying that TECHNICALLY Gurley DID practice and thus doesn’t have to appear on the injury report for missing part(s) of practice. I have no idea how accurate that is but its what they’re trying to sell and I agree completely that if it were the Pats they’d be losing yet another draft pick.

Ha, agreed. There would be a lot of “technically, the Pats met the rule but…” The injury list rules would be changed pronto. I’m not even saying the Rams did anything wrong but the story plays differently with the Pats. In that it is one.

Suzy
    Participant

I love Claude on fire.

So a few people (including the “D1 tennis player”  :lol: ) have blocked me on Twitter, most likely for upvoting Ironhead & Co. as they continue to do God’s work. Fight On, Men!

Coma
    Participant

Ha, agreed. There would be a lot of “technically, the Pats met the rule but…” The injury list rules would be changed pronto. I’m not even saying the Rams did anything wrong but the story plays differently with the Pats. In that it is one.

Exactly. The prevailing reaction would be articles and commentary about the spirit of the rule and how the Patriots actions failed to meet everyone’s innate sense of fair play and right and wrong. There would be anonymous quotes from coaches and GMs on how upsetting this was and that their team would never do something like that. Even if the league took no action against the Patriots, it would be a “fact” that the Patriots were cheating the injury report.

The NFL isn’t going to do anything to the Rams, but we also won’t see any pearl clutching about Gurley’s injury. The league hasn’t done anything to Pittsburgh for lying about Antonio Brown’s injury when they benched him for the season finale, so nothing is going to happen here, either.

On the subject of “If that were the Patriots doing that…”, I’d like to compile a list of unpunished (or wrist slap) rival offenses you know would be federal cases were the Pats the offenders. It’s a long list, I’d imagine.

I’m thinking things like the Colts putting the needle in the ball on the sideline, the Steelers suspected of deflation, the Jets sideline tripping unit, Tomlin tripping, Dungy/Fisher colluding to not play a game competitively, thereby determining playoff seeding, the Ravens offseason practice violations, etc.

Let’s start the list.

Feejis
    Participant

The 2 teams heating the balls on the sidelines.

Jets tampering with Revis.

Dick Sherman injury report shenanigans.

Jets videotaping.

Broncos/McDaniels videotaping.

Giants walkie talkie communication with Eli.

I assume the yourteamcheats website has everything you’d want.

Feejis
    Participant

Colts crowd noise.

Atlanta crowd noise.

Yourteamcheats is missing a lot, plus it tends to assign offenses to teams under a specious “everyone did it” umbrella. I trust our memories over that site.

Feejis
    Participant

Yourteamcheats is missing a lot, plus it tends to assign offenses to teams under a specious “everyone did it” umbrella. I trust our memories over that site.

Fair enough. But it’s presumably a good place to get a starter list of the big ones going.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Colts heating the dome excessively in the 2006 playoffs.

Jets tampering when Mangini became coach.

Steelers sketchy drug doc convicted

Steelers “fixer”

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 283 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar