Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/18 — 2/24/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 282 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 283 total)
  • Author

Peter Tork won’t be down to Monkee around

3 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Wasn’t team-specific but Cris Carter’s fall guy

Participant

No sign means no sidewalk Olympics right?

“Police say there was no sign that Boeheim was impaired”

Lebron
    Participant

Broncos with the salary cap violations.

Broncos purposefully misreporting Jake Plummer’s injury.

Broncos purposefully packing their road whites to an early season Chargers game even though the Chargers as the home team opted to wear their whites and announced it on Thursday.  Shanahan claimed he just assumed the Chargers would be wearing their home blues.

Chilly signing that TE, Mills maybe?, was lauded as a brilliant coup while the Patriots signing Jake Ballard when the Giants left him unprotected or cut him or whatever was seen as evil and disgusting because everyone knew the Giants fully intended on signing him.

Any ‘running up the score’ incident by any other team is ‘when players don’t go at full speed, they get hurt.  It would be an insult if they took their foot off the gas or didn’t play starters’

Patriots grass field was an abomination to the game of football.

I can’t imagine that the Mickey Loomis listening device stuff with the Saints that didn’t actually happen wouldn’t be forgotten and would likely be part of the ‘taping practices and walkthroughs’ storyline.

Tiquan Underwood.  Any other team doing that would be making a brilliant move.

I’m forgetting a bunch of other stuff.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Broncos salary cap violations

49ers salary cap violations

Broncos cut-blocking offensive line (dirty play, if not outright cheating)

The pre-Goodell NFL meted out punishment, at least for the salary cap violations. But “the sands of time” seems to have scrubbed these teams clean, whereas jerkoffs like Rob Parker still harp on the bullshit “scandals” of 2007 and 2015.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Peter Tork will not be down for a Pleasant Valley Sunday (or any kind of Sunday for that matter).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Don Sweeney had an interesting “see ya” comment today re. Ryan Donato:

I’m not going to expand on Ryan. Obviously he’s a member of another team now and want to wish him well. He’s going to have a successful NHL career, he’s got a unique shot and talent and skill set. Still learning some of the nuances, but we’re going to wish him nothing but the best.

I’ve known him since he’s been knee-high, as I told him yesterday, the rest of it I think is best left unsaid.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Don Sweeney had an interesting “see ya” comment today re. Ryan Donato:

I’m not going to expand on Ryan. Obviously he’s a member of another team now and want to wish him well. He’s going to have a successful NHL career, he’s got a unique shot and talent and skill set. Still learning some of the nuances, but we’re going to wish him nothing but the best.

I’ve known him since he’s been knee-high, as I told him yesterday, the rest of it I think is best left unsaid.

That last sentence is brutal. Either say it or don’t. Wonder what the deal is?

chicowalker
    Participant

Peter Tork won’t be down to Monkee around

Did you know his mother invented white out is also dead? (probably?)

chicowalker
    Participant

oops, other guy :pk:   :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Eli Manning’s memorabilia scam operation

Like the Ravens, the Seahawks were fined for violating the offseason practice rules at least twice.

The officials stopping a Chiefs-Broncos playoff game at Arrowhead to have the Denver o-linemen wipe off a silicon-like substance off their arms and jerseys. The Broncos ended up winning a close game en route to winning the Super Bowl. If this happened today, it would make the reaction to the missed DPI call in the Saints-Rams game seem tame. If the Patriots were the offending team, there would be riots.

See, I already forgot about Eli’s scam. That’s exactly why I wanted to compile this.

Peyton’s wife with the HGH.

The guy at the 2015 AFCC with the kicking balls scam that never got mentioned again once they realized it had nothing to do with the Patriots.

Feejis
    Participant

Whoah. Nick Cafardo won’t be down to breakfast with Scott Boras anymore.

Participant

Holy crap

Suzy
    Participant

Whoah. Nick Cafardo won’t be down to breakfast with Scott Boras anymore.

Just saw that, holy shit.

jforb
    Participant

No Axe Nick with the hat in the picture bunker?

Thinking about it, kinda shocked at least one of them doesn’t keel over every spring training.

RIP Nick. May every GM in Heaven be Tom Donahoe.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

One of those embolism deals.  Reminds me of that NBC reporter that died in the early days of the Iraq war, was like 40 with 4 kids.  Bloom.

Lebron
    Participant

This Steelers GM is insane

Colbert points out Roethlisberger is the only Steeler left from the Super Bowl XLIII team.

“I honestly believe that that can be a burden on him more often than he may like to admit, because he has to … he’s got 52 kids under him quite honestly,” Colbert said.

It’s a burden.  He’s surrounded by kids.  Kyrie might want to sign there.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wow, poor Nick. That sucks.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Mazz last year on the Red Sox. Crapped on them while they won 108 games. Crapped on them in the Yankees series. Sox win 3-1. Crapped on them in the Astros series. Sox win 4-1. Crapped on them in the Dodgers series. Sox win 4-1.

It’s really not possible to more wrong than Mazz about the sport he’s supposed to be strongest in with the team he’s “closest” to. I’m sure he was reasonable in his discussions with fans who had the gall to think the Sox were a good team. So Mazz, you can say, “you couldn’t have predicted this”. Although I’m sure many did but you disregarded their opinions out of hand and with contempt. Newsflash, they were right and you were wrong. They don’t get paid a lot of money to predict these things. You do. You are lazy and have no idea what you are looking at, so at least have some humility when you are being humbled. This year he’ll be right back being the same ignorant, braying, arrogant, know nothing jackass.

Local sports talkers? Useless jerkoffs, one and all. Mazz right up there at the top of the list. Nothing is sadder and more pathetic than sports radio white knights. Cringeworthy.

Neither Mookie or Chris Sale asked him for restaurant recommendations = “they don’t care!!!!!!”

Gimp
    Participant

Sad to hear about Nick Cafardo.

Peter King just told me.

Lebron
    Participant

Hate ESPN but I’ve always thought Louis Riddick was decent at his job/analysis.  He’s tearing the Steelers apart on twitter.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

No Axe Nick with the hat in the picture bunker?

Thinking about it, kinda shocked at least one of them doesn’t keel over every spring training.

Another charge for the PSF indictment.  :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I certainly have taken him to task both here and in the occasional direct email, but 62 is too young for anyone.

Heart exploded because of the stress of too-heavy water-carrying?

(OK, I’ll say a penance on that one.)

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 283 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar