Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/2/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 79 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Insert Patriots victory Groundhog Day joke here: ____________.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I was watching Morning Joe’s first hour and wondering why the pursed-mouth panderer was at the table. Turns out that as our official historian/fan of the Red Sox, Mr. Bleacher Seats was there to help shill Scarborough’s appearance at Hot Stove/Cool Music. Of course, he referred to Gammons as a “Hall of Fame columnist.” Good to know Mikey’s relationship with accuracy is unchanged.

Then I clicked over to the online Globe to see what was up with the Patriots (ha ha). Lead stories were on watching Super Bowl ads online, Boston vs Philly-set movies, which I think means comparing “Spotlight” to “Rocky III”, and breaking news that there was a “Football” question column on Jeopardy last night. Oh, plus a byline — Nora Princiotti — I’ve never seen. Good solid info!   :weei:

Oh, and a link to something titled “Time has come for Red Sox and Scott Boras to find common ground.” I think we can all guess who wrote that one. Does Nick get a percentage of these contracts? Talk about a dog who can’t let go of a bone.

Kevin
    Participant

Belichick not wanting the stink of the Jets locker room on him was amazing. :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Belichick not wanting the stink of the Jets locker room on him was amazing. 😆

Jets fans should be more pissed about Parcells not wanting to go in there.

Wasn’t he the boss there? The guy who didn’t steal money from a dying old man?  :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

Leon Hess looked like he was being wheeled into the courthouse with an oxygen tank for his racketeering trial.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Is there a hit piece in the Globe today talking about the Sox alienating their best player over a couple million dollars? Can you imagine the headlines if the Pats did that? Of course since it IS the Globe I fully expect a hit piece on Mookie instead.

tiny
    Participant

ironhead on AACBedard on twitter right now is not to be missed….. :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

That Bedard stuff is amazing. He’s insane.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

That Bedard stuff is amazing. He’s insane.

Speaking of insane, can you please stop tweeting that creepy weirdo stroking his beard?

My flesh crawls every time. I’ll pay you anything if you just stop.  :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

Bertrand needs an intervention. I can’t even make fun of it anymore. He’s going to orphan his kids.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Bertrand needs an intervention. I can’t even make fun of it anymore. He’s going to orphan his kids.

I wonder if the food sample people include their booth on the loop around the food court.

Kevin
    Participant

ironhead on AACBedard on twitter right now is not to be missed….. 😆

Chico, we really need you on Twitter. :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

It appears the NFL is going to have extra doctors on the sidelines for this Super Bowl for the concussion protocol thing. That’s not a controversy just waiting to happen. Especially if something benefits the Pats.

Kevin
    Participant

Bertrand needs an intervention.

(sits up)

I came into the station early one morning.

You fell asleep in a plate of chicken parm.

Your neck rolls were touching the sauce.

Disgusting.

(sits back down)

Beaker
    Participant

Jesus. Farley looked better before he went tits up

Feejis
    Participant

Was reading through ITT’s conversation with that hipster milennial who was complaining about the Pats defense.

Guy’s attitude is everything wrong with fandom wrapped in a neat little bow. “It’s ok for me to say the defense sucks when they give up a big play!”

No, it’s not. At least in the sense of you being an actual fan and understanding how sports work. There’s no such thing as a perfect game equivalent in football. Teams are gonna for first downs and completions and all that. You being pissed off because the defense didn’t stop every single play is just you being a douche.

Beaker
    Participant

Maybe he’s waiting for a refurbished O-ring from the shuttle to have his lap band procedure. Don’t rush to judgment.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

You being pissed off because the defense didn’t stop every single play is just you being a douche.

It’s as if their lives are a permanent game-thread. Clueless assholes.

If we’re talking about people who suck…..

Since it’s Super Bowl week, that means every area of the internet that allows comments is infested by some people who feel the need to give pushback to the game’s hype. There are many of these types who are irritated by different things, which is fine I guess. But the absolute worst are the cliched, trolling Euro-dickheads who love to slag on the NFL and talk about how much the game sucks, and how degenerate the stupid Americans are for watching it, and how much better/tougher/cooler soccer or rugby is by comparison.

No exaggeration – I want every single one of those know-nothing people to fucking die.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Maybe he’s waiting for a refurbished O-ring from the shuttle to have his lap band procedure. Don’t rush to judgment.

He might think O-ring is another name for onion rings.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nora Princiotti is the Globie who tweeted out the news that a military dog had bitten Tom Brady on Wednesday, leaving out that the bite happened seven years ago, Lefty.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Suzy
    Participant

(sits up) I came into the station early one morning. You fell asleep in a plate of chicken parm. Your neck rolls were touching the sauce. Disgusting. (sits back down)

Your neck rolls were touching the sauce.

I’m dying 

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I wonder if the food sample people include their booth on the loop around the food court.

That wasn’t their plan, but they fell into his gravity well. Its just science.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

Nora Princiotti is the Globie who tweeted out the news that a military dog had bitten Tom Brady on Wednesday, leaving out that the bite happened seven years ago, Lefty.

Never caught on but Bingo Wings Jr.

jforb
    Participant

Reading Mittens piece on how game planning works.

“The hay’s never in the barn for us,” O’Shea said.

Feejis
    Participant

So Bob Wagner really did kill Natalie Wood? Is he going to go with the Shatner defense?

InThisTown
    Participant

(sits up) I came into the station early one morning. You fell asleep in a plate of chicken parm. Your neck rolls were touching the sauce. Disgusting. (sits back down)

:lol: You sat on poor little Jonesy!?

Hacksaw
    Participant

So Bob Wagner really did kill Natalie Wood? Is he going to go with the Shatner defense?

If Avon Barksdale owned that boat and Lester Freemon would have that thing wire tapped every which way you can.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

What’s that? Diminished capacity brought on by decades of exposure to toxic toupee glue?

Suzy
    Participant

He’s been a suspect since 1981, not sure why they’re trotting the case out again now. Can’t he just claim Alzheimer’s or something similar at this point, and refuse to answer any questions?

My humble opinion is that he threw her off the boat (oops sorry, “yacht” :rollseyes: ) in a drunken, jealous rage and then screwed up by Ted Kennedy-ing any chance she had at survival. The poor woman died under circumstances that were literally her worst nightmare, as she was deathly afraid of being in water.  :ohmy:

chicowalker
    Participant

ironhead on AACBedard on twitter right now is not to be missed….. 😆

Chico, we really need you on Twitter. 😆

Never! You guys have to stop wasting your A material in that wasteland.

Humphrey
    Participant

Actually it was Abraham who penned that “Boras Common Ground” article, not Nickles.   Yes, shocking.

The 2 Bills show mentioned the possible Capers hire in 2000; if it had mentioned Donahoe too, Nick would been driven to tears, I’m sure.

NASCL
    Participant

Stefanie Powers had some serious game back then.

Ironhead
    Participant

My reaction to Bedard’s Epic Display of Lacking Self-Awareness in his Daily Briefing (always free, somehow overpriced) was very similar to BB in the ’04 America’s Game as to why the Eagles weren’t playing hurry-up.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’ve always had a hunch that William Holden died because he couldn’t keep up with her.  :lol:

NASCL
    Participant

I’ve always had a hunch that William Holden died because he couldn’t keep up with her. :lol:

At least he could outdrink her.

NASCL
    Participant

Monroe to Celtics, not Pelicans.

NASCL
    Participant

Holden’s wiki manages to get board favorites dueling as a cause of death.

According to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s autopsy report, Holden was alone and intoxicated in his apartment in Santa Monica, California, on November 12, 1981, when he slipped on a rug, severely lacerating his forehead on a teak bedside table, and bled to death. Evidence suggests he was conscious for at least half an hour after the fall. He likely may not have realized the severity of the injury and did not summon aid, or was unable to call for help. His body was found four days later. The causes of death were given as “exsanguination” and “blunt laceration of scalp”. Rumors existed that he was suffering from lung cancer, which Holden himself had denied at a 1980 press conference.

Ironhead
    Participant

I love the Monroe pick-up.  Helps in exactly the areas they need.

Kevin
    Participant

I wonder how exaggerated that stuff really is. It’s way too scary to ponder if we were really a cunt hair away from the Dom Capers era.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I tried to reply to Chico’s anti-Twitter post by saying he overestimates our misplaced loyalty to this site, but WordPress claimed that was spam.  :-(

Thats right sad onion; don’t show up on Chrome.

RedSeat
    Participant

Monroe to Celtics, not Pelicans.

Claude45
    Participant

There is no longer a plan in Baltimore. Ozzie is out.

Sorry, premature, one year left on the plan.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Claude45.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Apparently Terry Bradshaw called Ordway a “Baby Mike Ditka”.  :lol:

NASCL
    Participant

URI is ranked #22?

Old Chico would have been touting them up.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s pretty sad when JK gets asked about the Patriots hosting the Super Bowl, and he basically says there’s no chance because (all other concrete reasons aside) the other owners hate them and wouldn’t want to reward them with one.

He tried to specifically deny it, but I don’t see what other conclusion you could draw based on what he said.

But I’m sure the petty League vendetta that other people claim doesn’t exist is just a conspiratorial fever-dream delusion of Patriots fans.

Participant

Jumped in the car and Glenn and Nomie’s Caddy were in agreement not liking the monroe deal – print the tix.

NASCL
    Participant

Glenn is stuck in the 1991 NBA.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Jumped in the car and Glenn and Nomie’s Caddy were in agreement not liking the monroe deal – print the tix.

There is nothing to not like. They afraid Baynes is going to lose minutes?

Kevin
    Participant

Zo And Diabeetle had Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg on, and Donnie was talking about “RKK” and all the nice stuff he’s done for him through the years.

I can kinda see Kraft starfucking Marky Mark, but he even does it for the lesser Wahlberg, too?

Kevin
    Participant

It’s pretty sad when JK gets asked about the Patriots hosting the Super Bowl, and he basically says there’s no chance because (all other concrete reasons aside) the other owners hate them and wouldn’t want to reward them with one.

He tried to specifically deny it, but I don’t see what other conclusion you could draw based on what he said.

But I’m sure the petty League vendetta that other people claim doesn’t exist is just a conspiratorial fever-dream delusion of Patriots fans.

Something we never would have said five years ago: Jonathan > Robert.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar