Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/23/2018 Daily Thread – One Fine Day

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

11 am and I’m the first poster?

Is everyone out golfing with Bobo or getting ready for the first Red Sox NESN game of 2018?

In today’s Globe: Do you think Shank has finally realized all players hate him and he’s trying to paddle back? Certainly his plea for “new season, clean slate” is more about himself than David Price.”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Whoops! 11 am and I still wasn’t awake enough to topic title two dates and “Weekend Thread”

jforb
    Participant

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Whoops! 11 am and I still wasn’t awake enough to topic title two dates and “Weekend Thread”

Or the 24th

We may need to break precedent and start a special Sunday Thread tomorrow. Get this failure of a thread in the rearview asap. :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

U8 basketball and there’s a kid with a shooting sleeve and leg warmers.  I might call social services

Yahtzee
    Participant

U8 basketball and there’s a kid with a shooting sleeve and leg warmers. I might call social services

He might have been able to start for Pitt today.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Or the 24th

We may need to break precedent and start a special Sunday Thread tomorrow. Get this failure of a thread in the rearview asap. 🙁

In that we can’t seem to come close to filling a single page today, a separate Sunday thread might be overkill.  :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Thirdkill?

Lefty

All sorts of reports that the Bruins are close to getting Rick Nash.

Please, NO.

NASCL
    Participant

I’d rather go all-in on Karlsson.

Lefty

I don’t know how they could get either one’s salary here, but at least Karlsson is not a rental.  Can’t pay top dollar for Nash for three months max.   Don’t want to extend him.   Plus, he is too slow for this team’s pace.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Things I genuinely don’t understand about the Winter Olympics sports:

Speedskating Mass Sprint scoring. It’s like Quidditch at the end with scores being 15X larger than what’s gone on before.

Why curling teams leave stones in the upper corners early in innings. That helps how?

Relay luge squads being 1 women and three men. They couldn’t have made it 3 and 3?

Why biathlon is the only sport to combine an aerobic activity with precision weaponry. They should create a quadathlon where they make them shoot at the end of swimming, biking, and the marathon with penalty distances for missing.

Why style has to be judged for ski jumping, beyond not crashing.

The ice hockey shootout rule that led to one guy taking all of the shots last Olympics. This is dumb.

Chief
    Participant

All sorts of reports that the Bruins are close to getting Rick Nash. Please, NO.

Full agreeance.  Especially if the price is really a 1st plus a top prospect, as reported.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bruins now lead the NHL in Nashes.

Hopefully he’s more productive than Spooner … not to mention the decaying remains of Matt Beleskey.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Sounds like they have Nash.

Lefty

Too much for a rental of Nash.   Glad to be rid of Belesky and Spooner was not coming back any way.   Two first round picks, too?   (Lindgren their recent 1st rounder and the pick coming up this year.). Too much

i sit corrected, Lindgren was a second rounder.   Still too much

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lefty.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m ok with it. They’ve got a good number of young guys in the system as they’ve had a lot of high picks the last few years that haven’t even made an impact yet like Frederic, Donato, Bjork, JFK, Zboril, Lauzon, etc.

Nash is a better player than Spooner for what they need right now for the stretch. Maybe their 1st rounder could’ve gone for more but Ottawa just got one for Brassard who isn’t great.

Lefty

Bruins sign Brian Gionta

Rickkyboy
    Participant

U8 basketball and there’s a kid with a shooting sleeve and leg warmers. I might call social services

Accessories should match the uniform.

Feejis
    Participant

Bruins sign Brian Gionta

They call this move the Pandolfo.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar