Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/26/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 34 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Florida Sox Fan 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

JD in the Building

jforb
    Participant

In a room or just in the building?

InThisTown
    Participant

JD in the Building

Feejis?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Well I’m keen to accept Reimer’s self-serving and mealy-mouthed apology at face value, what say you?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

We crow when we had someone like Shitstain Reimer pegged years before anyone else knew them.

One thing we may have missed on the legacy board: did we know Captain Obvious was so jaw-droppingly stupid?

chicowalker
    Participant

We crow when we had someone like Shitstain Reimer pegged years before anyone else knew them. One thing we may have missed on the legacy board: did we know Captain Obvious was so jaw-droppingly stupid?

did we know that he was a sproutling hottaker at the time?

InThisTown
    Participant

IIRC, his posts were a lot of bad betting takes. It’s really shocking how dumb he is. People with no interests outside of sports who still know nothing about sports is a sad existence.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Reminder: this Wednesday is the 4th Anniversary of The Baseball Paper Day.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

IIRC, his posts were a lot of bad betting takes. It’s really shocking how dumb he is. People with no interests outside of sports who still know nothing about sports is a sad existence.

Claude45
    Participant

That Adam Jones is really a worthless cvnto.

To add, I can’t imagine a sadder and emptier existence than a twitter white knight of Adam Jones. Seriously, kissing the ass of an untalented night shift guy is insane.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Claude45.

Poor form to do this a week later, but last week’s MMQB had some Fatty classics (plus I don’t think it ever got into the President’s Day weekend thread):

FACTOIDS THAT MAY INTEREST ONLY ME
    I

First two choices in the coaching search for the 1996 Bucs: Jimmy Johnson, Steve Spurrier.

First two choices in the coaching search for the 2018 Colts: Josh McDaniels, Mike Vrabel.

The Bucs, spurned, picked Tony Dungy. Seven seasons later, they won the Super Bowl.

The Colts, spurned, picked Frank Reich.

What exactly is the “factoid” here? That there’s some sort of causality between not getting your first two coaches and then winning the Super Bowl seven years later (six, actually) with your third choice’s successor? Is he saying the 2024 Colts are now destined to win the Super Bowl with Reich’s successor? Or is he just trying unartfully to somehow tie the Colts and Dungy’s name together again?

Tom Brady was a third-string rookie (behind Drew Bledsoe and John Friesz) when Janikowski made his debut for Oakland on Labor Day Weekend 2000.

Fourth-string, with Michael Bishop also in front. I suppose had Bledsoe and Friesz both gotten injured, Belichick might have considered playing Brady over Bishop, but Bishop actually did get into eight games that season (albeit mostly in gadget or Hail Mary situations, IIRC).

g. Nothing else feels important this week. But I will go on.

Oh, fuck you, and your brave soldiering on to complete a fucking football column in the wake of tragedy. What idiot convinced this asshole that every fucking thought he has needs to be expressed publicly?

i. Kudos, WEEI, for trying to clean the place up.

Another Fatty standard: Thanks for doing the lip service and PR cleanup to allow your idiot hosts to make the absolute minimum sacrifice in order to keep their jobs, rather than actually cleaning the place up.

THE ADIEU HAIKU
    Once upon a time
    in America, we cared
    about mass murder.

Jesus. Tripe like that makes me want to get an NRA membership.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I see that some people don’t want to make machine guns illegal.  :pk:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Also; that’s quite a streak of factoids.

Claude45
    Participant

Factoids that may only interest me.

• I had a Kind bar for breakfast. Two hours later, I saw a rower eating a Kind bar after a workout.
    • The Charles River is no longer frozen, what with the warm weather.
    • They sell Kind bars at both Whole Foods and Target, amazing.

Kevin
    Participant

Kevin Smith makes this same douchey face in every picture, even from his almost deathbed.

chicowalker
    Participant

Any stats on the number of people who killed themselves after watching Kevin Smith do standup?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Any stats on the number of people who killed themselves after watching Kevin Smith do standup?

He’d sell ad space on the side of his casket to promote shitty movies, just as long as those people promised to show up at the funeral.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Smith doesn’t travel with a duffel of hockey sweater hospital gowns?

chicowalker
    Participant

If part of his “act” doesn’t involve some sort of audience participation “In a row?!?” bit I’ll eat my hat

Participant

Image result for this is the big on elizabeth

Lebron
    Participant

Send the crockpot in to finish the job.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Ryan Dempster (Red Sox pitcher with a 2013 WS ring, but basically a Chicago Cub … and a Canuck to boot) is apparently guesting on “Southie’s Own Jack Maxwell’s Own” Booze Traveler today, where he will show Jack the secret herb garden that has been planted atop Fenway’s roof. Sadly, the herbs don’t include cannabis and there is no distillery up there either. I think.   :smile:

Participant

Will a visionary trophy wife/publisher be making a cameo?

NASCL
    Participant

That Heather Tommy seems like a real firecracker.

Claude45
    Participant

The NFL is fucked and no one can convince me that this current batch of owners isn’t going to kill the golden goose. From the NY Times.

With the support of many N.F.L. owners, Commissioner Roger Goodell is prepared to escalate his public feud with Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and long one of the most influential people in the league, by fining him millions of dollars for his efforts to derail negotiations to renew Goodell’s contract and for his outspoken defense of a star player who was suspended, according to five league officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

So…Goodell gets to fine owners who stand up against him in negotiations for his own salary? What a deal this group negotiated with Goodell. That dimwit Goodell has all the leverage. They pay him about 150,00% more than they should and for their money,  the owners get to continue to be completely emasculated by the ginger tin-pot dictator.

31 cuckolded owners and Mara. There just can’t be a god. How could this happen if there was.

Coma
    Participant

From the NY Times. With the support of many N.F.L. owners, Commissioner Roger Goodell is prepared to escalate his public feud with Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and long one of the most influential people in the league, by fining him millions of dollars for his efforts to derail negotiations to renew Goodell’s contract and for his outspoken defense of a star player who was suspended, according to five league officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

This is where a commissioner with some common sense would say, “I could do that, but I’m not going to. The issue is settled, it’s out of the public eye and everyone has moved on. Why go back and re-start a fight that I won to get some additional money out of Jones?” Of course, a person operating with some leadership ability and integrity would never have found themselves in this position in the first place.

jforb
    Participant

Hopefully they win next year, Tom and Bill ride off, and we stop caring.

And Tom doesn’t end up looking like this:

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  jforb.

Bledsoe’s always good for reviving the board.

So in what ways is making wine “a natural extension of football”?

Also, who’s the schmo who’s splooging over Bledsoe to Steve Sabol at the combine here?

Lebron
    Participant

Outside of Tom and Bill that league and all the people associated with it from owners to GMs to media to fans are so contemptible.  Any chance there was of me watching that shit when those 2 are gone went out the door with Goodell saying “the fans want more catches.”  It’s not a sport with rules decided by teams competing, it’s some viewing public driven referendum.  If I want that I’ll watch Season whatever of Survivor.

Lefty

Also, who’s the schmo who’s splooging over Bledsoe to Steve Sabol at the combine here?

Bledsoe was not an “unknown “ prior to the combine.

Big Fat O
    Participant

That Adam Jones is really a worthless cvnto. To add, I can’t imagine a sadder and emptier existence than a twitter white knight of Adam Jones. Seriously, kissing the ass of an untalented night shift guy is insane.

There is no other media member who enjoys failure more than Madame Jones. Unfortunately they let him do the halftime during the Celtics and he loves to point out failure with that smug he’s better than you voice.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

no one’s seen Jason Mewes

Humphrey
    Participant

Bledsoe’s always good for reviving the board. So in what ways is making wine “a natural extension of football”?

The grapes have to be patted! :lol:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Hopefully they win next year, Tom and Bill ride off, and we stop caring. And Tom doesn’t end up looking like this:

We know Gisele won’t.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar