Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/27/2018 Daily Thread – Badges for Participation?

This topic contains 56 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Has anyone here or somewhere else on the internets put together a list of all the Patriot-related rules changes or “points of emphasis”?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Can injury reporting changes be attributed to thePats?

Feejis
    Participant

Add the McDaniels rule for coaching hires.

Coma
    Participant

Maybe more in the “held to different standard” category than a rule change, but the “repeat offender penalty multiplier” formula that the league applied to the Patriots for the PSI farce, when that’s never been used against other teams with multiple rules infractions (Broncos, Jets, Ravens, Seahawks, etc).

Feejis
    Participant

Edit – make that 2 McDaniels coaching hire rules.

The first preventing teams from hiring fired guys during the playoffs and the second allowing teams to hire new head coaches from still active teams.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

NFL considering changing PI to 15 yards instead of spot foul. This will essentially end Jumpball Joe’s career. I’m sure its because of the Cooks PI call in the Jaguars game. It works in college but I think it would be a disaster in the pros unless they have an intentional PI that would be a spot foul and a regular PI that would be 15 yards. Of course then they’d have even more controversy than they have now as it would be a ref’s decision. So basically whatever they do will end up being worse than now.

Your last sentence can be said about every action of NFL HQ

Edit – make that 2 McDaniels coaching hire rules. The first preventing teams from hiring fired guys during the playoffs and the second allowing teams to hire new head coaches from still active teams.

Did they ever actually implement the first one? I know there was a lot of talk about it at the time as some new form of “cheating”, as they were just about to face the Broncos in the playoffs and the worry was McDaniels would have inside information (even though he spent all of 2011 with the Rams, free to share any insider info with anyone he wanted). But I don’t remember an actual rule coming of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar