Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/28/2018 Daily Thread – Going for 58 posts today!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Legend 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Getting it started … today Jolly Old Nick tells us that the 2018 Red Sox already have “a different feeling” in the clubhouse compared to last year’s collection of depressives and malcontents, led by the obviously-tapped-out John Farrell …

:lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Happy Baseball Paper Day everyone!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

Worst Press won’t let me post the further adventures of Mr. Brady and Merle.

chicowalker
    Participant

apropos of nothing, I was reading an article about Carmelo and was reminded that Nick Collison was still in the league.  I went to his B-ref page and was shocked- he’s played his entire (14 year) career for one franchise, SEA/OKC.  As it is only 229 players total in the history of the league have played at least 14 seasons. I can’t think of anyone who’s had a career like that- only one team, almost always no more than a role player (hasn’t played more than 20mpg since 2012).  176 total minutes played the last two seasons.  Pretty sweet gig.

InThisTown
    Participant

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Brilliant!

Coma
    Participant

I was prepared to write a forgettable post about the Wickersham story and also take a shot at John Mara, but I can’t follow that. I’ll wait an hour or two.

Kevin
    Participant

Permanently on my phone. :lol:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

JFC.  Killer B-Cups 7 with the outfield is multi-layered shit.  If only the podcast took hold.

Kevin
    Participant

The interstitial music cues add a whole new dimension. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

I’ll just concede another blind spot :lol:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

52 is even with 42 as the worst sports loss of my life. I could write 20 pages single spaced on it.

If Gronkowski retires, and cites to the atmosphere in NE as a big part of it, I’m going to ask someone to drain the Mystic so I can jump off the Tobin with guarantees.

InThisTown
    Participant

52 is even with 42 as the worst sports loss of my life. I could write 20 pages single spaced on it. If Gronkowski retires, and cites to the atmosphere in NE as a big part of it, I’m going to ask someone to drain the Mystic so I can jump off the Tobin with guarantees.

I’m fucking miserable. Ooh the Celtics! Great!  :wall:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’ll just concede another blind spot 😆

Chico’s BlindSpotMobile

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

52 is even with 42 as the worst sports loss of my life. I could write 20 pages single spaced on it. If Gronkowski retires, and cites to the atmosphere in NE as a big part of it, I’m going to ask someone to drain the Mystic so I can jump off the Tobin with guarantees.

I think you’re forgetting Chris Price you could also jump over that big bridge in New Hampshire.

InThisTown
    Participant

Imagine watching the combine right now? How is that possible? They may win another Super Bowl but it’s really fucking hard. Like going the newspaper route. FUCK.

jforb
    Participant

Imagine watching the combine right now? How is that possible? They may win another Super Bowl but it’s really fucking hard. Like going the newspaper route. FUCK.

Pats at least have the possibility of success.

Participant

It took until mid-late morning yesterday for that clip of TEC’s to even begin making the rounds.

The reach of Boston Sports Tonight is non-existent, except for the people who are in that filthy business.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

You think it’s hard now? Wait until they change the rules and NE has to play its tomato can East opponents only once a season. Away.

Feejis
    Participant

Chad Finn ordered to write that Sox piece today or does he really believe it?

chicowalker
    Participant

It took until mid-late morning yesterday for that clip of TEC’s to even begin making the rounds. The reach of Boston Sports Tonight is non-existent, except for the people who are in that filthy business.

Unless you’re watching a Celtics game, then it’s enough commercials to embarrass Geico.  “This is a big win for this team” Oh, shit! With takez like that I definitely have to tune in! :weei:

My favorite is the one where the blonde lady is delivering some vapid nonsense and you can see Holley and the non-TEC guy (Carreras?) battling “lookathereyeslookathereyesdon’tlookathertitsdontlookathertitsohmygoodlookatthosetits”

Kevin
    Participant

Tanguay let it drop that she is leaving Hot Takes Tonight for Barstool.

I can see that move for someone like little Jerry, but Barstool pays more than TV too?

Lebron
    Participant

Typically I can at least move on to free agency or the draft.  Don’t care about any of it and my overall hatred of the league and the product itself might finally be outweighing the joy I’ve gotten out of the Patriots.  What a shitty existence.

Participant

If Gronk shows up to OTA’s will we get?

“I was right at the time.”

Kevin
    Participant

52 is even with 42 as the worst sports loss of my life. I could write 20 pages single spaced on it.

If Gronkowski retires, and cites to the atmosphere in NE as a big part of it, I’m going to ask someone to drain the Mystic so I can jump off the Tobin with guarantees.

Really? Worse than 42? We didn’t know if they’d win again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar