Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 2/3-2/4/2018 Super Bowl LII Weekend Discussion Thread

This topic contains 207 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Here we go!

Need to do our jobs here too: amuse, inform and call jokers to account.

Feejis
    Participant

House man Thornton turns on Tomase when it’s good and convenient? Fuck them both.

Participant

“The subject was declared off limits by the people that were paying my bills.”

He’s got a state pension doesn’t he?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I hope it’s not off-limits to mention that Colleen Wolfe is a tight little number.

The B-team is fine when Kay isn’t there.

chicowalker
    Participant

Hernia surgery on Thursday. If something doesn’t change in the next 24 hrs, not only will I not be going to my SB party I will likely have to re watch Monday as I intend to spend as much of the immediate future in a Vicodin haze as possible  :blink:

BrianInLA
    Participant

#16 at the Waste Management is what all golf tournaments should be like.  And I find it funny at the guys who get annoyed by it (I am talking to you Justin Thomas). It’s like a European soccer match.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Hernia surgery on Thursday. If something doesn’t change in the next 24 hrs, not only will I not be going to my SB party I will likely have to re watch Monday as I intend to spend as much of the immediate future in a Vicodin haze as possible :blink:

Chico – questionable.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Gee, Scott Boras must not have been available this week. Nickles’s Sunday notes column has a surprisingly on-the-record Dustin Pedroia. His name isn’t “clubhouse sources” this week.

Lebron
    Participant

House man Thornton turns on Tomase when it’s good and convenient? Fuck them both.

Love how the sports media’s self proclaimed raison d’être is to ask the tough questions or the questions that needed to be asked and hold coaches and players and owners accountable, but that same rule doesn’t apply amongst themselves.  Thornton is a scumbag

I’ll add that I also played nice because I don’t think John Tomase is a bad guy. I didn’t mind working with him. Sure, he might irresponsibly spread lies that have helped to ruin everything my football team has ever accomplished and has contempt for the city of ignorant racists we work in. But I enjoyed his company.

I enjoy the company of a person who irresponsibly spreads lies and has contempt for the city where he works.  Except for that, he’s a great guy.  What the fuck?  As much as he says he played nice for a paycheck from EEI, he also wrote the column for a paycheck from Fratbro Portnoy who told him to write it.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not sure the country was rooting this hard for the Patriots opponent 10 years ago.  Even the people picking the Patriots are doing so reluctantly with the caveat ‘well if Wentz was playing I’d pick the Eagles.’  Mortenson has the Eagles by 2 scores or more.

Superstition wise I’m somewhat hoping Moss doesn’t make it this year, I remember 10 years ago thinking Tippett got in, must be a good omen.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Speaking of horrible media:

We know the MO of 98.5 is to troll and crap all over everything.

But it seems the MO of EEI is to spend every single minute of their tired programming the last two weeks basically playing sound clips and reading excerpts from Pats-haters. I get that you want to call these guys out and comment on how biased and stupid they are, but you don’t have to make your programming 100% of that. Ordway did it all week, and I flip it on today and Mut is still doing it.

We get it, guys – America hates the Patriots, and people get clicks and eyeballs for bagging on them. But you don’t need to pull a Streisand and increase their exposure. But I guess it’s anything rather than talk about the actual game.

Gimp
    Participant

Ernie Adams was an Offensive Assistant on the staff of the 1976 Patriots.  Never knew that.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Speaking of horrible media: We know the MO of 98.5 is to troll and crap all over everything. But it seems the MO of EEI is to spend every single minute of their tired programming the last two weeks basically playing sound clips and reading excerpts from Pats-haters. I get that you want to call these guys out and comment on how biased and stupid they are, but you don’t have to make your programming 100% of that. Ordway did it all week, and I flip it on today and Mut is still doing it. We get it, guys – America hates the Patriots, and people get clicks and eyeballs for bagging on them. But you don’t need to pull a Streisand and increase their exposure. But I guess it’s anything rather than talk about the actual game.

Surprised they found time to break away from all the hand wring over Reimer. On EEI it’s all about them.

WTF? Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writer saying cheating has nothing to do with Pats success (link):

The Patriots do everything right and that — not cheating, not spying, not deflating, not ridiculous NFL conspiracies or Al Riveron — is why they have been to 12 AFC title games and eight Super Bowls in 17 seasons despite an ever-changing cast of characters. That length of sustained success doesn’t happen by accident. It doesn’t happen because the NFL wants it to happen. It doesn’t happen because they stole signals. It happens because they are committed to excellence and will accept nothing less.

Is this a bit?

HoF word trickling out. Moss, Owens, Kramer, Dawkins in. Law misses cut. Also, that’s not John Elway:

https://twitter.com/NESN/status/959932183363375109?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

Edit: Looks like tweet deleted. NESN had video of Jim Kelly labeled as John Elway.

jforb
    Participant

Hope someone wears a white suit to the induction.

Big Fat O
    Participant

You would think that there would be some sort of time for all of these NFL awards broadcasted on the network. Instead we get the Tyree catch.

Good job Rog

BrianInLA
    Participant

You would think that there would be some sort of time for all of these NFL awards broadcasted on the network. Instead we get the Tyree catch. Good job Rog

Was just thinking that.  How is this not being broadcast when they show just about every other thing under the sun.  Brady MVP.

Participant

Wonder if Jonathan sees the success of this not done dealy and tries to throw a new channel of their own onto cable?

No idea how that works with carriers or if you could do it regionally as a regular thing?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Admittedly I’m not as conversant in Pats stats as many, but is 12 AFC championship games in 17 years for real? Amazing.

You could argue the team is dramatically under appreciated.

Participant

Yahtzee, it’s nowhere near as refreshing as Rex & the Jets trips to back to back AFC title games  ;-)    ;-)

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Hey all. Enjoy the game tomorrow. Our guys are gonna kill their guys. I can’t wait.

Yahtzee
    Participant

By the way, I’ve started cooking for tomorrow and the house smell awesome.

Helps that there’s Italian sausage in everything.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Just like the NFL the show is on NBC after everyone’s been announced.

Feejis
    Participant

By the way, I’ve started cooking for tomorrow and the house smell awesome. Helps that there’s Italian sausage in everything.

Chef Royle says the same thing but means something totally different.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar