Advertisements

This topic contains 133 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • Author

NASCL
    Participant

Might as well start looking at the list of available defensive free agents.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Not sure if any of you guys who are on Twitter than me have had this happen, but I’m fascinated by tweets getting picked up by the Russian botnet. I guess having the words “President” and “football” was enough for this tweet that has nothing to do with politics and everything about Troy Vincent being an executive fuckup. I normally get ~200 impressions and maybe a half dozen engagements. This one is at 400k and still going. #MAGA

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Did know-it-all starfucker PatriotsSB49 actually delete his Twitter because they lost?

What a pussy.

Humphrey
    Participant

Wonder if the field had something to do with Cooks’ bizarre decision to jump over that guy.   It’s the one offensive play I’m fixated on…that and 4th and 5 a few minutes later.

Feejis
    Participant

Still nauseous. That one would’ve been the capper to it all.

NASCL
    Participant

Wonder if the field had something to do with Cooks’ bizarre decision to jump over that guy. It’s the one offensive play I’m fixated on…that and 4th and 5 a few minutes later.

Looked to me like he could have beat the guy to the corner and first down marker.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Did know-it-all starfucker PatriotsSB49 actually delete his Twitter because they lost? What a pussy.

A small silver lining, if he’s truly gone.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

Lining up on or off the line is a judgement call? :blink:

InThisTown
    Participant

I’m dying.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m dying.

Sure, but so is BSJ. So there’s that.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Yes, they lost, but at least the announcing, the officiating, the halftime performance and the commercials were terrible.

Humphrey
    Participant

Wonder if the field had something to do with Cooks’ bizarre decision to jump over that guy. It’s the one offensive play I’m fixated on…that and 4th and 5 a few minutes later.

Looked to me like he could have beat the guy to the corner and first down marker.

I wanted him to cut inward…cannot see how he couldn’t get 2 yards (or whatever it was) by doing that.   Worst case scenario…4th and very very short.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I wanted him to cut inward…cannot see how he couldn’t get 2 yards (or whatever it was) by doing that. Worst case scenario…4th and very very short.

It was still 4th and 1. I expected them to go for it, though they should have easily made the FG.

Kevin
    Participant

I wanted him to cut inward…cannot see how he couldn’t get 2 yards (or whatever it was) by doing that. Worst case scenario…4th and very very short.

Also, kinda his own fault he got knocked out. Just dive forward.

The Butler thing is maddening. I liked TEC’s lede:

I’m not taking the cheese tonight. I’ve taken the cheese before and then had to walk it back. It’s no fun.

The weaker members of the herd, the ones we hope Darwin disposes of soon, are already saying Butler without a doubt would have tackled Agholor on third down where Bademosi whiffed. The worst kinds of fans are those who think the game exists in a vacuum.

But it’s not unreasonable to think Butler would have made them more competitive, and to wonder what really went down.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I literally don’t understand the people who conflate the Ertz play with the Jesse James TD. Ertz caught the ball on the 5 and took four steps to extend the ball into the end zone where it came loose after breaking the plane. Clear TD by the current rules. James caught the ball and fell forward twisting without taking a single step before the ball hit the ground and came loose. Clear incomplete by the current rules.

I get wishful thinking by Pats fans on the Ertz play, but Al and Chris hemming and hawing about this strikes me as an attempt to discredit the catch rule even more ahead of overhauling it this offseason.

InThisTown
    Participant

Benching Butler is like real actual not motherfucking around leadership. Either you have standards or you don’t.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Benching Butler is like real actual not motherfucking around leadership. Either you have standards or you don’t.

But the entitled fair weather prick fanz around here want an answer and the win.  :dry:

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Rickkyboy.

Kevin
    Participant

Their guys outplayed our guys doesn’t sell the auto glass.

I don’t disagree. Belichick owes us nothing, and it drives me crazy the fans so self-entitled to think he owes them something after all these years. Fuck them, the little crybabies who think the world must be presented at their feet every morning.

If Belichick benched him, it was for a good reason, be it his health or disciplinary. He doesn’t owe me an explanation. But I’m still gonna wonder.

jforb
    Participant

If it was health, you’d think they would have ran him out once or twice even if he couldn’t go much.

Humphrey
    Participant

I literally don’t understand the people who conflate the Ertz play with the Jesse James TD. Ertz caught the ball on the 5 and took four steps to extend the ball into the end zone where it came loose after breaking the plane. Clear TD by the current rules. James caught the ball and fell forward twisting without taking a single step before the ball hit the ground and came loose. Clear incomplete by the current rules. I get wishful thinking by Pats fans on the Ertz play, but Al and Chris hemming and hawing about this strikes me as an attempt to discredit the catch rule even more ahead of overhauling it this offseason.

I agree with that.   The review in the first half had a bit of merit to it (although I think ultimately they decided he did have control), that one had a lot less than that.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Humphrey.

chicowalker
    Participant

95% of patriots fans are such entitled twats that I’m for anything that makes them upset. I hope that BB not only doesn’t explain why he benched butler, he denies he even knows who he is. So little of it is about football anymore, and the theatre surrounding the game itself has become so ponderous as to test my ability to give a shit about any of it.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t disagree. Belichick owes us nothing, and it drives me crazy the fans so self-entitled to think he owes them something after all these years. Fuck them, the little crybabies who think the world must be presented at their feet every morning. If Belichick benched him, it was for a good reason, be it his health or disciplinary. He doesn’t owe me an explanation. But I’m still gonna wonder.

Someone I know said they felt bad for Butler that Belichick embarrassed him like that. I said use your head. Do you REALLY think he did that to embarrass the guy when he knows it makes his team on the field worse? Does his history make you think he does shit just for the fuck of it?

NASCL
    Participant

95% of patriots fans are such entitled twats

Without pulling up his social media accounts, Joe Gill must be outraged and owed something.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar