Advertisements

This topic contains 133 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Participant

Benching Butler is like real actual not motherfucking around leadership. Either you have standards or you don’t.

I don’t disagree. Belichick owes us nothing, and it drives me crazy the fans so self-entitled to think he owes them something after all these years. Fuck them, the little crybabies who think the world must be presented at their feet every morning. If Belichick benched him, it was for a good reason, be it his health or disciplinary. He doesn’t owe me an explanation. But I’m still gonna wonder.

Someone I know said they felt bad for Butler that Belichick embarrassed him like that. I said use your head. Do you REALLY think he did that to embarrass the guy when he knows it makes his team on the field worse? Does his history make you think he does shit just for the fuck of it?

This. Anyone who thinks Belichick did this for any reason other than that he thought it gave them the best chance to win, hasn’t been watching this operation very closely over the last 18 years.

Very true. And those folks that think Bill did this to embarrass Butler or hurt his chances in free-agency are insane. If Bill was out to bash Butler on his way out the door he’d publicly go into specifics about the short comings in his game that lead to his benching instead of the boiler plate ‘best chance to win’ mantra.

Do it the John Henry way.

That's a terrific story. We have newspaper people on the payroll, right?

InThisTown
    Participant

Ty Law can eat a dick too.

NASCL
    Participant

heard music blaring outside my window………………friggin’ Wally and Red Sox interns on a flatbed promoting Truck Day. :ozzy:

Lebron
    Participant

Asante and Logan Ryan played their last games prior to free agency in the Soupey, so embarrassing Butler is a dumb as shit angle.

Officially naming a head coach in waiting is Jets kind of shit.  Or college.  If they bring in Schiano that’s fine but throwing any official head coach in waiting title around is fucking weird.

NASCL
    Participant

It’s as if not embracing Truck Day is the equivalent of not wearing the ribbon.

Mark
    Participant

We need a who’s who on Twitter post on :ph34r: or something.

As the Krylon Orange Wars taught us, this is a historically bad idea. 6 hours and 6 minutes until my own release.

InThisTown
    Participant

We need a who’s who on Twitter post on :ph34r: or something.

As the Krylon Orange Wars taught us, this is a historically bad idea. 6 hours and 6 minutes until my own release.

What you in for?  :lol:

Mark
    Participant

I was insensitive to a trollop.

Kevin
    Participant

Maybe WWIIFelger was just calling that guy an Irish cigarette? :lol:

Mark
    Participant

Mark
    Participant

Big. If true.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Well if JoeyPigskins says it… :lol:

Just kidding. Seems as plausible as any other explanation.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I would have thought they’d promote Brian Flores and give Schiano title of Assistant Head Coach of Being Awesome or something, since Flores is apparently marked for greatness. Maybe that was overblown.

Mark
    Participant

It is one of the beauties of Belichick that he doesn’t care what people think of him. Whether that story’s true or not, Belichick would behave exactly the same. If it were true, he’s not about to give that information to anybody, preferring to protect the player and have everyone blame him instead. If it’s illness, he’d be the same way: my call, and you’re not going to get any more information than that. What would Fisher do? What would Dungy do? I’d suspect the expediency of preserving their reputations would take precedence over protecting the player.

Suzy
    Participant

Wow. ETA: *if* true, of course

So was Belichick protecting him when he said it wasn’t disciplinary related, or just lying to the mob to put off the distraction until after the game? Probably the latter, which makes sense.

ETA: Well said, BBTL.

Mark
    Participant

I don’t think this is the whole truth yet. Needs to marinate a few more days.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why did BB dress Bulter if he was stuffed balls deep in the dog-house? It was clear that short of all the DB’s stepping on a land-mine during the game he wasn’t seeing the field?

InThisTown
    Participant

Maybe WWIIFelger was just calling that guy an Irish cigarette? 😆

Correct and “kill” being the anglicized of Chill. Was telling the guy to go to church!

The broad I called a cunt and a pig dimed me out.  :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

I jokingly said to a colleague what if he showed up drunk to practice, would that be a good enough reason.  :ohmy:

One of the replies to that tweet said he had emptied his locker at Gillette as they were headed to MIN. Also big, if true.

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

I figured it was that BB found out that Butler was a source on the Seth Wickersham story. Then again I am a moron.

InThisTown
    Participant

Why did BB dress Bulter if he was stuffed balls deep in the dog-house? It was clear that short of all the DB’s stepping on a land-mine during the game he wasn’t seeing the field?

Because he showed up high and they didn’t notice til it was too late. Hence the late notification to the team.

Lebron
    Participant

If it’s true they covered for him on Monday, said he was sick.

Feejis
    Participant

They dressed every DB they had, which is 9 and includes King who never plays defensive snaps. Injury protection indeed.

Suppose they could’ve promoted someone from the PS but that means releasing someone and we all remember the outrage when they did that to poor Tiquan.

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t think this is the whole truth yet. Needs to marinate a few more days.

Where’s St. Willie when you need him?    They’ll probably have to put Ass Hohler on the case because the likes of Volin can’t find their nose without using a mirror.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar