Advertisements

This topic contains 103 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Major Intangibles 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Or he’s appealing to the “PHILA” Warriors basketball crowd.

Nick B
    Participant

Like a 3rd grader LJ ran out of room to spell “Philadelphia” so he just left it as “Phila” is the only logical explanation for what is written on the side of that Eagle.

more realistic is that he couldn’t spell Philadelphia.

Participant

Charlie Pierce – bowl of hogs – choke on them…..

InThisTown
    Participant

Sure. But what did he say? Talking about the loutish football squadron again?

Participant

Sure. But what did he say? Talking about the loutish football squadron again?

Piece in the Globe (Shocked Cotton) that Tom should hang them up.

” I hope you’re not continuing to play to demonstrate the efficacy of super-duper brainwater and electrolytes. I hope you’re not sacrificing your health for the sake of marketing some male Goop concoction-based lifestyle. This would be a ghastly, terrible waste.”

I’m sure that’s exactly why he’s still playing – Charlie only mentions 3 times in the article that he wrote a book on Brady 12 years ago.

Lebron
    Participant

Other than his usual political musings I see this

Sometimes I wonder whether that INT that saved the game poisoned BB’s mind against this guy.

Feejis
    Participant

Chad Finn has a whole piece dedicated to not understanding why Butler played ST but not on D.

People are amazingly stupid.

Lebron
    Participant

Polls asking “are you satisfied with Bill’s explanation” regarding Butler.  Oh fuck the hell off.  All of these assholes who demand satisfaction from Bill for having the audacity to have standards and not play a guy in the championship match all wanted his head on a platter for being a cheater or arrogant or whatever else throughout the years.  Screw all of them.  If not playing Butler causes those people a bunch of misery and culls the herd of supposed fans then I’m way better with this loss than I thought*

*who am I kidding it still sucks

BrianInLA
    Participant

Butler denies all the rumors. Not shockingly about half the fans are taking his side over Bill’s.

Mark
    Participant

And Brady liked the IG post. This whole thing is surreal.

Mark
    Participant

Butler denies all the rumors. Not shockingly about half the fans are taking his side over Bill’s.

What has Butler done, that you’re aware of, to make him not credible?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If the pattern holds, it’ll take days before we get the actual true story, whatever it is.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I have no idea what Butler did or didn’t do. I just always go with the fact Bill knows more than I do and since Butler didn’t play he must have had a good reason other than “his ego got the best of him…he started believing all the genius talk, etc” that the fans are throwing out there.

Feejis
    Participant

Well Bill doesn’t really have a side here in that everyone assumes his public comments about it being talent related are bullshit and he won’t address it in any other way.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Maybe it’s just not sexy enough if Bill says,”He was sick all week, looked bad in practice, and we were playing a team with a similar offensive system to KC, and he didn’t play much in that game either. Bad match up for his skill set, and he wasn’t 100%.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“Everyone’s lying!” sells the weight loss scams and auto glass.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Also, waaaay too many flapping gums inside the building this year for my liking.

Reporters are getting told a lot of bullshit from a few somebodies, and it can’t be just Josh.

Humphrey
    Participant

Peter King didn’t have a clue what happened, said he was putting Breer on the case :wall:     Which of course means nothing will come out that he doesn’t get from someone else.

In the “stopped clock is right twice a day” department, he said he thought the Pats D was so awful that it was more likely than not that Butler playing wouldn’t have made much difference.

TJM
    Participant

If I had to murder someone and I got to choose the detective investigating said murder I’d choose Albert Breer

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  TJM.

Coma
    Participant

I have no idea what Butler did or didn’t do. I just always go with the fact Bill knows more than I do and since Butler didn’t play he must have had a good reason other than “his ego got the best of him…he started believing all the genius talk, etc” that the fans are throwing out there.

The “Bill’s an egomaniac” talk doesn’t make much sense when you look at the big picture. Belichick could have tied Curly Lambeau and George Halas with a 6th championship. Lambeau stopped coaching in 1953. Halas coached his final game in 1967. 50+ years later, Belichick is the first coach with a chance to tie them. If he succeeded, there would be a stadium or an award named after him or the Patriots would have his initials on their uniforms permanently after he died. If his ego was involved, he would have played Butler even if he still had the flu and forced Cooks to get back on the field after he was KO’d.

Another aspect of people being dumb and insane about this is that I believe a decent percentage of the people complaining now weren’t happy with Butler’s performance this season. I thought he was consistently good, but he wasn’t shutting any receivers down. With the reaction we’ve seen the last couple days, you would have thought he was All Pro this year and held Allen Hurns to 1 catch with 2 INTs in the AFCCG.

If it wasn’t an ego thing and it wasn’t a disciplinary thing, then we’re left with what Kingasaurus said; Butler wasn’t 100% and this offense was a bad match-up for him. He was active for the game because if a cornerback was hurt, you would need someone to take their place. The other possibility that the people freaking out about this aren’t acknowledging is that the Patriots still could have lost if Butler played. If that happened, then we’d be talking about how bad the defense was, which is what we’re doing anyway.

Lebron
    Participant

Not an exact comparison but didn’t Bill pass on the 50 yard FG in XLII because Gostkowski was spraying the ball everywhere in practice/warm ups where he didn’t trust him?  Not like there isn’t a track record of a shitty week of practice means you don’t have his trust and you don’t play.

Lebron
    Participant

Reiss in his story about Butler refuting the rumors

Meanwhile, sources tell ESPN that it was known within parts of the team in the days leading up to the 41-33 loss to Philadelphia that Butler’s role would at least be diminished.

But while the decision was a major surprise to the nation, it wasn’t a shock to one high-ranking member of the organization who told ESPN that he was aware Butler wouldn’t play a major role at least a day or two before the game.

That was consistent with what two of the team’s captains said after the game, that they knew Butler wasn’t going to be a significant part of the game plan.

one person who was at each of the team’s practices leading up to the Super Bowl relayed that Butler struggled with what the Patriots were asking him to do against the Eagles’ complex scheme.

Bunch of Chatty Cathies.  “one high ranking member”  “one person at practice”  I don’t know if the 2 captains Reiss notes said whatever publicly?  Admittedly when the final gun sounded the tv was off and hasn’t returned to sports yet.

Gimp
    Participant

Schefter has that Josh McDaniel is passing on the Indy HC Job, will remain in NE.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Wow.      Something’s up.

BrianInLA
    Participant

#DeflategateKarma

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar