Advertisements

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  CornerBlitz 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 128 total)
  • Author

NASCL
    Participant

Did you hear about Ron Borges?

NASCL
    Participant

50/50 as to Don Yee/Nick being a board member.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So the Olympics are on? I guess? It’s the least amount of anticipation I can remember for any Olympics.

NASCL
    Participant

Don Yee is California based.

If Nick had a 617/781/978 number, Borges is an even bigger fool.

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

Is this the greatest day in history of this site? Wow. Ron Borges is stupider than I thought.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

50/50 as to Don Yee/Nick being a board member.

What’s funnier?:

The Sports Media not even pretending they aren’t making things up at this point;

OR the Sports Media being so lazy, unethical, and such an object of ridicule, that they are more likely to be the target of (and fall victim to) obvious pranks?

NASCL
    Participant

Too bad Ironhead is three hours behind.

More family business settling:

Feejis
    Participant

Borges can’t be wrong here. That’s the beauty of “reporting” future events. He’ll just say the public backlash caused Brady to change his mind.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Naturally, Florio picked it right up and ran with it, so now it’s gospel across the country.

He added an “um, yeah” with the K&C debunking at 7:00. Last line. Nobody will ever see it. So, Brady’s a greedy schmuck and this “validates” the Wickersham nonsense.

Mark
    Participant

Today is the greatest day ever.

Kevin
    Participant

Is this the greatest day in history of this site? Wow. Ron Borges is stupider than I thought.

It’s up there. :lol:

Bigger than the Super Bowl?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s up there. 😆 Bigger than the Super Bowl?

I think Dan Quinn is off the hook.   :lol:

Mark
    Participant

I still have a deep and abiding affection for the Red Sox Dirt Dog threatening to make radiation cancer treatments taste like vanilla ice cream in comparison to what he was going to do to a messageboard MOD.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  Mark.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What precisely happened to Borges? I know he wrote something fantasizing about Brady holding out. Did he suffer actual consequences?

Feejis
    Participant

Well that’s one way he can be wrong. Never mind.  :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Oh, I see. He got Punk’d. :lol:

Mark
    Participant

Herald has taken down the story.

NASCL
    Participant

Public Service Announcement:  snow coming

jforb
    Participant

Naturally, Florio picked it right up and ran with it, so now it’s gospel across the country. He added an “um, yeah” with the K&C debunking at 7:00. Last line. Nobody will ever see it. So, Brady’s a greedy schmuck and this “validates” the Wickersham nonsense.

Two further posts about the false report now.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Good reporters are supposed to have a functioning bullshit detector, but these days so few people have them.

I love how Borgie is such a bitter idiot that he never asks himself, “Hm. That doesn’t sound like something Brady would do. Let me do some more digging.”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So Blinded By The Lombardis could’ve taken Borges down years ago? :lol:

Mark
    Participant

Flurries in the mountains

So Blinded By The Lombardis could’ve taken Borges down years ago? 😆

“Ron, this is Epstein’s mother. I have it on good authority that Bill Belichick molests collies.”

Claude45
    Participant

Good reporters are supposed to have a functioning bullshit detector, but these days so few people have them. I love how Borgie is such a bitter idiot that he never asks himself, “Hm. That doesn’t sound like something Brady would do. Let me do some more digging.”

Borges is just a doddering old fool. The best is that he’s spent his adult life cultivating this tough guy image which no one buys. Sad! In the end, he’s just an old plagiarist getting tricked with minimal effort. Really lazy and dumb.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So Blinded By The Lombardis could’ve taken Borges down years ago? 😆

“Ron, this is Epstein’s mother. I have it on good authority that Bill Belichick molests collies.”

A real funny part is that Borges admits he hasn’t heard from Yee for a long time (this would make a normal person skeptical), and the Yee-impostor calls Borges “old friend”.   :lol:

That should have sounded alarm bells (not sure Yee talks like that, maybe?), but it stroked Ron’s ego, so he let it slide without question. Fabulous!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Aren’t they trying to sell the Boston Herald? :lol: Ron’s definitely not helping that cause! :lol:   :lol:

TwoTimes
    Participant

I still have a deep and abiding affection for the Red Sox Dirt Dog threatening to make radiation cancer treatments taste like vanilla ice cream in comparison to what he was going to do to a messageboard MOD.

Someone’s still ducking him on the racquetball court I see.

Kevin
    Participant

Borges shitting on Peter King in the text is a bonus. :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

Aren’t they trying to sell the Boston Herald? 😆 Ron’s definitely not helping that cause! 😆 😆

“The Boston Herald: We’re pretty sure not all our stories are fabricated.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Is this where Buckley steps in and tells us how much respect he has for an elder statesman of the sports media, who probably has a family?

jforb
    Participant

Think it beats the day we got Breer’s arrest report. And the 3-2 kid’s.

Bummed Kirk didn’t have the presence of mind to sit on this ’til Monday so we could watch every single ESPN panel show run with the bullshit story. They’re taking down Borges, but they could’ve easily exposed countless others as frauds. Like maybe Bertie with a “can confirm”. Missed opportunity.

Coma
    Participant

I really enjoyed the effort last week to bring Tomase’s false story and the lack of anyone except the Patriots suffering any consequences from it. I was thinking yesterday about how the Super Bowl had come and gone and there was no way for that topic to gain any traction. Then Ron Borges happened and any mention of his screw up can point back to how the Herald’s standards for vetting a story haven’t improved in a decade.

It won’t happen, but it would be nice if the Patriots would pile on and release a statement saying that it’s unfortunate that the media is willing to run with a negative story about their team without doing any research. Again.

LJSandwich
    Participant

One of the many great layers to this Borges thing is this Nick guy tells EEI that Borges is frantically calling his phone all morning trying to talk to him after EEI revealed it was a hoax.  I can picture a deranged and demented Borges with that crazy roadkill hairdo, screaming into the phone for the guy to “pick up!!!!”

He finally got his due…this is a wonderful day….I only wish I did it to him.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

He was so credulous that I’m now convinced he still would have run the story if the text from the hoaxer had ended with #NotDonYee

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

NASCL
    Participant

One of the many great layers to this Borges thing is this Nick guy tells EEI that Borges is frantically calling his phone all morning trying to talk to him after EEI revealed it was a hoax. I can picture a deranged and demented Borges with that crazy roadkill hairdo, screaming into the phone for the guy to “pick up!!!!” He finally got his due…this is a wonderful day….I only wish I did it to him.

Borges might be hauled in for attempted murder by Monday.

Kevin
    Participant

Surely during one of Brady’s negotiations Ron probably ripped Yee a new one for not screwing the Patriots.

Now you see him sucking up.

NASCL
    Participant

Borges not knowing Schefty is a hockey player is inexcusable.

Coma
    Participant

One of the many great layers to this Borges thing is this Nick guy tells EEI that Borges is frantically calling his phone all morning trying to talk to him after EEI revealed it was a hoax. I can picture a deranged and demented Borges with that crazy roadkill hairdo, screaming into the phone for the guy to “pick up!!!!” He finally got his due…this is a wonderful day….I only wish I did it to him.

Borges has got to be demented, otherwise, what’s the point in calling? The guy said he pulled a prank. Is Borges trying to confirm that? If Nick answered, is Borges going to give him the Liam Neeson speech from Taken? You were made to look like a fool, Ron. No phone call can fix that.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Lying that he had more than one source is a real doozy. Which also implies that this isn’t the first time he’s done that.

This has to be a firing and not a suspension, right?

NASCL
    Participant

Lying that he had more than one source is a real doozy. Which also implies that this isn’t the first time he’s done that. This has to be a firing and not a suspension, right?

I don’t think he survives.  His legacy, however, will live on in every journalism class in America.

Participant

Looking back, solid choice of co-author here…..

Lou feeling bad for Borges, and pissed at the prankster. “Ron’s got a 12-year-old kid!” Fuck you, Lou. You haven’t called for the dismissal of coaches, general managers, players? You fucking reap what you sow.

LJSandwich
    Participant

Lou feeling bad for Borges, and pissed at the prankster. “Ron’s got a 12-year-old kid!” Fuck you, Lou. You haven’t called for the dismissal of coaches, general managers, players? You fucking reap what you sow.

Lou…”He’s a nice guy”….No, he’s not…he’s the furthest thing from a nice guy.  Not that I want his kid to suffer, but Ronnie having a second wife and family at his age means he needs to work for a while…good luck with that you BUM.

So I assume Ron loses his HoF vote? That he won’t be the one presenting Belichick’s case?

Gimp
    Participant

So, to recap-The Pats get beaten in the Super Bowl.  Then…

Josh McDaniel leaves the Colts at the alter, sending that organization in chaos into further chaos

Public enemy #1 Ron Borges gets catfished, submits a bogus story and brings the bankrupt Boston Herald down with him.

Those aren’t bad ways to assuage the depression of a Super Bowl loss.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Seeing MI’s post from last night. That was the greatest day of the board. And, yes, I still believe the board’s finding that day to be fact.

Coma
    Participant

Lou…”He’s a nice guy”….No, he’s not…he’s the furthest thing from a nice guy. Not that I want his kid to suffer, but Ronnie having a second wife and family at his age means he needs to work for a while…good luck with that you BUM.

Don’t you know? The media are all “nice guys,” according to other members of the media. I’m sure Ron was being nice when he went after Pete Carroll in that press conference. Pete had kids, why didn’t Ron let up?

It must be great to work in an industry where you don’t need to be accountable and everyone will defend you if you screw up.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar