Advertisements

This topic contains 127 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  CornerBlitz 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m guessing being likely fired twice for ethics scandals would really sadden Ron’s old man. You know, the guy with the rough, working man’s hands who taught his kid how to survive the mean streets and make something of himself…blahblah……blah….

Beaker
    Participant

Is this the greatest day in history of this site? Wow. Ron Borges is stupider than I thought.

I still have a deep and abiding affection for the Red Sox Dirt Dog threatening to make radiation cancer treatments taste like vanilla ice cream in comparison to what he was going to do to a messageboard MOD.

I just got choked up

I need a refresher on Ed Werder’s sins against journalism. Surely “deliberately telling a lie to harm another” has to be in his portfolio somewhere.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“No I’m not. I’m opposing the concept of someone deliberately telling a lie to harm another.”

Sorta like when the cops use undercover stings to nab pedophiles and other criminals? Is Ed against that? Or is he only against such things when the “sting” comes from a private citizen, and it’s a journalist who ends up showing his unethical hindquarters?

The prankster didn’t make Borges behave unethically. He did that on his own.

Mark
    Participant

Beaker! You magnificent bastard.

Kevin
    Participant

So I assume Ron loses his HoF vote? That he won’t be the one presenting Belichick’s case?

Thought about that. Does it have to be a newspaper guy? Curran’s job now?

Beaker
    Participant

Why everyone mad at Ron? In Dirt Dog day, Dirt Dog run with stories he hear drunks tell in bar. Ron just doing job!

Claude45
    Participant

Lou feeling bad for Borges, and pissed at the prankster. “Ron’s got a 12-year-old kid!” Fuck you, Lou. You haven’t called for the dismissal of coaches, general managers, players? You fucking reap what you sow.

Hey Lou, maybe if Borges wasn’t a lazy agenda ridden hack an put minimal effort into his work, we wouldn’t have to worry about his 12 year old son. Maybe if Ron had any professional ethics at all, we wouldn’t have to worry about his 12 year old son. How is this on us?

Feejis
    Participant

“No I’m not. I’m opposing the concept of someone deliberately telling a lie to harm another.” Sorta like when the cops use undercover stings to nab pedophiles and other criminals? Is Ed against that? Or is he only against such things when the “sting” comes from a private citizen, and it’s a journalist who ends up showing his unethical hindquarters? The prankster didn’t make Borges behave unethically. He did that on his own.

Or when Dave Gardi gives Mort, King and the Pats lawyer fake PSI info?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Lou feeling bad for Borges, and pissed at the prankster. “Ron’s got a 12-year-old kid!” Fuck you, Lou. You haven’t called for the dismissal of coaches, general managers, players? You fucking reap what you sow.

Hey Lou, maybe if Borges wasn’t a lazy agenda ridden hack an put minimal effort into his work, we wouldn’t have to worry about his 12 year old son. Maybe if Ron had any professional ethics at all, we wouldn’t have to worry about his 12 year old son. How is this on us?

The Mom has a good job, the kid will be fine.

So I assume Ron loses his HoF vote? That he won’t be the one presenting Belichick’s case?

Doesn’t need to be a newspaper guy. They’ve got voters from Yahoo and Bleacher Report. And Ron held onto his vote when the only things he was writing for were kansascitychiefs.com and his own site.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

So the Olympics are on? I guess? It’s the least amount of anticipation I can remember for any Olympics.

There’s likely more interest in the War Games to follow.

Trump would pile on if he knew what a lefty Borges is.

Suzy
    Participant

It’s a glorious, glorious day. 

Kevin
    Participant

More probable than not that Borges fucked up his first marriage by being a miserable asshole.

We’re supposed to feel bad that he somehow got a younger wife even with his monstrous looks?

Guy calling into EEI to defend Borges was trying to say, “Ron Borges has been an institution for 35 years,” but I heard (as did Ordway), “Ron Borges has been in an institution for 35 years.”

:lol: :lol:

TwoTimes
    Participant

The only negative is LJ and his pet rat didn’t bring him down.

Humphrey
    Participant

Good reporters are supposed to have a functioning bullshit detector, but these days so few people have them. I love how Borgie is such a bitter idiot that he never asks himself, “Hm. That doesn’t sound like something Brady would do. Let me do some more digging.”

Borges is just a doddering old fool. The best is that he’s spent his adult life cultivating this tough guy image which no one buys. Sad! In the end, he’s just an old plagiarist getting tricked with minimal effort. Really lazy and dumb.

Do you think 30 years ago he could have got the low down on Butler…or was he just shit lucky breaking that “coked-up Pats” story right after the 1986 Super Bowl?

Man, I miss having the old board for archive searches. We need the details of Ron’s radio insinuations. Those go way back to EGA days, though.

Mark
    Participant

Why everyone mad at Ron? In Dirt Dog day, Dirt Dog run with stories he hear drunks tell in bar. Ron just doing job!

The best(craziest) defense I ever heard about Silva was around 2003, when one of his sycophants on SOSH typed that we were in a new information age, and it was now better to be fast than right.

Brian
    Participant

I forget where I read it, and I forget the guys name, but I think that wicker chair guy is the next in line.

Humphrey
    Participant

Like Williamson said to Shelley Levine at the end of Glengarry Glen Ross   “Your daughter? Fuck you!”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I forget where I read it, and I forget the guys name, but I think that wicker chair guy is the next in line.

Nailing down specifics like that makes you a natural for a career in sports media, Brian.

Humphrey
    Participant

MF?   The Sun Chronicle didn’t send him to the Soupey this year.   $$$.   He’ll be gone (retired or laid off) long before BB is eligible, even if BB retired tomorrow.

Ironhead
    Participant

Too bad Ironhead is three hours behind.

ON IT.

Our friend Mr. Deeds (#OOTG) texted me about 6:30am PST.  Morning wood hasn’t abated since.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar