Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/1/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 86 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Major Intangibles 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 37 posts - 51 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author

InThisTown
    Participant

The Harden/Wes Johnson play last night that is everywhere, I don’t get the reaction. Sure, it looks terrible for Johnson but he just tripped and fell down. Harden doesn’t make some crazy move, Johnson just tripped over his own feet. Harden just tries to penetrate a bit and then steps back. Sure, Harden plays it up acting like an asshole standing there like he just conquered the western hemisphere but the calls for Johnson to retire may be premature.

But it could be just me.

It really was the most overhyped thing since whatever the last thing was. And of course NBA media is just the worst and all they want to do is suck star dick. I’m sure Zach Lowe’s wife had to chip the crust out of his socks with an ice pick.

NASCL
    Participant

Not sure why the wording on the Patriots press release was that Kraft was not the biological father.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Barry Crimmins died.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Ironhead
    Participant

Not sure why the wording on the Patriots press release was that Kraft was not the biological father.

There’s probably an ottoman involved.

chicowalker
    Participant

At the risk  of being one of those guys, Harden also traveled pretty bad on the stepback.   Underrated hateable   team

InThisTown
    Participant

At the risk of being one of those guys, Harden also traveled pretty bad on the stepback. Underrated hateable team

I thought it was very close. That right foot was almost down on the gather so he would have had a choice of pivot foot. I think it was a walk but that’s a tough one.

Lebron
    Participant

Mike D’Antoni at the helm, terrible State Farm ad campaign.  If Dwight Howard were still there, mahdonne!

Harden’s crossover the most disrespectful move ever?Max Kellerman ranks James Harden’s devastating handles on Wesley Johnson as the most disrespectful thing he’s ever seen on a basketball court but Stephen A. Smith disagrees.

That’s a show!

Feejis
    Participant

Because biological didn’t bother?

chicowalker
    Participant

At the risk of being one of those guys, Harden also traveled pretty bad on the stepback. Underrated hateable team

I thought it was very close. That right foot was almost down on the gather so he would have had a choice of pivot foot. I think it was a walk but that’s a tough one.

looked at it again, closer than I initially thought, but still a walk.  Extra little slide of the left foot at the end for good measure.  Hope Smart goads him a ton Saturday

Suzy
    Participant

Barry Crimmins died.

Yeah, my boss just told me that. I knew a bunch of his fellow comics had put on a fundraiser show for him not too long ago, but had no idea he was that ill.  :ohmy:

Years ago after a rash of air disasters he used to do this bit about airports and why the word “terminal” made perfect sense. Had to be there but it was pretty funny. RIP.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

This isn’t related to Barry Crimmins’ passing, actually, but cross him off the list, then is a pretty underrated BSMW contribution to the everyday lexicon.

As is too soon? and mean and not for everybody …

Kevin
    Participant

I try to shoehorn in Michael Hutchence Gimp Contraption into many conversations where it doesn’t belong.

Same with Value-Pack Slap Mags.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Someone showed up to work hungover on a Monday a few weeks ago. I asked if he enjoyed an Irish Vacation.

InThisTown
    Participant

The US Weekly – you heard of it jah? Mebbe when you go to regular person supermarket it’s by checkout, though maybe you no notice as you looking in opposite direction at Snickers bars? It clever wordplay title – both US like America but also like how you say objective case of “we?” Anyhooz, they send me I sink 50 sousand dollars to write open letter to Mr. Krafty Man on advice to parenting how you say nein biologisch? I give you sneak preview.

Dear Bobert,

First, the congratulations on shooting big dusty load in girlfriend. I sure Myra is very proud up in cloud city Jew heaven. I have three piece of advice for parenting bastard childs:

1) Do not give love! They sense weakness. It very important to suppress natural instinct to provide love for child but can lead to bigger problem. (ie: attachment) I once call Jack by actual name and warm smile grow on little face. So I make up for it by telling him Mama Bridget probably have the lung cancer from all ciggy she like to smoke. He say “Mama Bridget no smoke” I say of course she do, she be size 14 she no smoke.

2) Old Brazilian proverb by way of Munich: “Lass einen Juden in deinem Haus und bald wird er dein Haus besitzen” – loose translate: let a Jew in your house and soon he will own your house. Now you already have Jew problem, but you just as easily apply saying to bastard child. What I mean? I mean: NO WILL. NO MONEY. My Tommy he say “I want Jack have 1/3 of everything with Vivy and Benny.” So I say ok Tommy that fine. You say ok Ricki, little bastard in the will and you just give her fake copy like I do with Tommy. Very easy. Maybe you have Jonathan take care of it?

3) I let you in on little secret: Child labor law no apply to children quartered in own domicile. And bastard so eager to please they do anything. Since you no pay Tommy top of market, I have cut cost on staff. Who you think sweep eleven chimneys? Sometime, I want him out of sight, I tell groundskeeper at the Country Club to have Jack mow Open Course. Is only 8000 yard, he finish maybe three week, easy!

XOXO,

Gi

Lebron
    Participant

I laugh every time we get one of those Valu-Pak envelopes in the mail.

Suzy
    Participant

I sure Myra is very proud up in cloud city Jew heaven.

Coma
    Participant

regular person supermarket

:lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

The US Weekly – you heard of it jah? Mebbe when you go to regular person supermarket it’s by checkout, though maybe you no notice as you looking in opposite direction at Snickers bars? It clever wordplay title – both US like America but also like how you say objective case of “we?” Anyhooz, they send me I sink 50 sousand dollars to write open letter to Mr. Krafty Man on advice to parenting how you say nein biologisch? I give you sneak preview. Dear Bobert, First, the congratulations on shooting big dusty load in girlfriend. I sure Myra is very proud up in cloud city Jew heaven. I have three piece of advice for parenting bastard childs: 1) Do not give love! They sense weakness. It very important to suppress natural instinct to provide love for child but can lead to bigger problem. (ie: attachment) I once call Jack by actual name and warm smile grow on little face. So I make up for it by telling him Mama Bridget probably have the lung cancer from all ciggy she like to smoke. He say “Mama Bridget no smoke” I say of course she do, she be size 14 she no smoke. 2) Old Brazilian proverb by way of Munich: “Lass einen Juden in deinem Haus und bald wird er dein Haus besitzen” – loose translate: let a Jew in your house and soon he will own your house. Now you already have Jew problem, but you just as easily apply saying to bastard child. What I mean? I mean: NO WILL. NO MONEY. My Tommy he say “I want Jack have 1/3 of everything with Vivy and Benny.” So I say ok Tommy that fine. You say ok Ricki, little bastard in the will and you just give her fake copy like I do with Tommy. Very easy. Maybe you have Jonathan take care of it? 3) I let you in on little secret: Child labor law no apply to children quartered in own domicile. And bastard so eager to please they do anything. Since you no pay Tommy top of market, I have cut cost on staff. Who you think sweep eleven chimneys? Sometime, I want him out of sight, I tell groundskeeper at the Country Club to have Jack mow Open Course. Is only 8000 yard, he finish maybe three week, easy! XOXO, Gi

We should have Fred Norris read these doing his Kurt Waldheim voice.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Little Kraft can sleep good now knowing the money will still be split 4 ways instead of 5.

Suzy
    Participant

Little Kraft can sleep good now knowing the money will still be split 4 ways instead of 5.

Can’t fathom the depth to which his kids must hate her fucking guts. 

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So Wickersham has all these anonymous sources about growing discontent in Foxboro, but didn’t know Gronk was mulling retirement last spring and Kraft’s floozy had a kid sometime in the fall? Some insiders.

I didn’t really have a reply to this, I just wanted to see the text that WordPress obscured under ITT’s link in the post above it.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

I look forward to 2038 when Jonathan’s middle aged, Harvard MBA kids have to consult with their layabout 20 year old uncle before making decisions :lol:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

First, the congratulations on shooting big dusty load in girlfriend.

That’s the best.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Sounds like TEC is going to join my suicide club.  I take him as a pretty measured guy, so when he is still saying it’s a shitstorm there, it must be bad.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So Season 2 on Netflix of the Muzz & JF reprise better open with Muzz and his nephew Ray in LA working on determining the identity of biological father.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

I lost it at “loose translate”. :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

I lost it at “loose translate”. 😆

I liked the Mama Bridget remarks.   I also happen to like Mama Bridget, but that’s another story for another day.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Wait didn’t I have Bob knocking up Gisele?

Between that and Jenny Dell marrying Middlebrooks/Middle Guy, you’re practically The Simpsons when it comes to predictions!

Jenny Dell is Rickkyboy’s daughter-in-law? Missed that.

So did I.  :blink:

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Golddigger’s Handbook 101 is lock him in with a kid. It’s supposed to be *his* kid, though. :pk:

Ah, yes. Pulling the goalie. One of the many figures of speech from BSMW that I’ve used on bewildered civilians. 🙂

There are so many phrases from this board that I use almost daily that I’m sure confuse the hell out of everyone around me. “Not sure how official any of these rankings/standings are.” “Go Tit.” Ending sentences with a firm AT ALL. “This isn’t going to go the way you think it’s going to go….AT ALL”. The Daily Show actually did the old Angry-Hitler-translation meme the other day that I saw for the first time on this board about 12 years back and when I tried to explain that it just went nowhere. In other words…thank God for this board.

Shoe Pee!!!

Big Fat O
    Participant

Sounds like TEC is going to join my suicide club. I take him as a pretty measured guy, so when he is still saying it’s a shitstorm there, it must be bad.

I love the team but if any of the players are unhappy then leave. There’s plenty of other teams that will let the players do what they want but aren’t successful so go.

Participant

Or is he trying to drum up viewers now that the blonde with the nice front porch has left?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Found this looking for Barry Crimmins stuff.

Louis CK from 30 years ago. He is about 21 years old.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

InThisTown
    Participant

So Season 2 on Netflix of the Muzz & JF reprise better open with Muzz and his nephew Ray in LA working on determining the identity of biological father.

Funny you mention season 2…

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

How should we feel about this?

Sean Miller strikes back at ESPN

BrianInLA
    Participant

Defensive struggle at The Garden.  4-2 halfway thru the 1st.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Wait didn’t I have Bob knocking up Gisele?

Between that and Jenny Dell marrying Middlebrooks/Middle Guy, you’re practically The Simpsons when it comes to predictions!

Jenny Dell is Rickkyboy’s daughter-in-law? Missed that.

So did I. :blink:

From A Very BSMW-y Christmas, c’mon man;

Ozzy stops the car. RICKKYBOY’S HOUSE

CHICO

Hey you think when we ring the doorbell it goes DING?

They exit the car, Kevin stays behind.

CUT TO:

EXT. RICKKYBOY’S HOUSE – CONTINUOUS

The door opens and a kid in his late teens stands there with a haggard looking woman in her early 30s with a man face.

NASCL

Middle Guy?

MIDDLE GUY

Ah yeah, hey guys. I’ll just get my dad. He’s closing a deal on our next franchise.

CHICO

Franchise?

MIDDLE GUY

Yeah we own 17 uChallahs around New England. You’ve seen the commericals I’m sure? “Five dollah make you challah?” with Ernie Boch and Dave Andelman in them? We’re growing fast. Anyway, I’ll get him.

MIDDLE GUY (to the chick)

Come on, Jenny.

He takes her hand and they walk off. The guys look at each other, stunned.

RICKKYBOY comes to the door. He’s wearing a uChallah shirt…

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Defensive struggle at The Garden. 4-2 halfway thru the 1st.

Final- Bruins prevail over Pens, 8-4, in case this Board is you people’s only source for sports information, besides the rest of the internet.

Viewing 37 posts - 51 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar