Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

The chatter that leads up to Selection Sunday . . . all posted here.  One shining message board.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Haven’t read it yet, but I’m going $2.10 fatty mentions how much of a shame it is he Steelers and Raiders played this year and won’t play each other again for three more years, unless they finish in the same position

chicowalker
    Participant

And one day, walking her dog Eliot, she met Nick—whom she’d been admiring from afar—and they struck up a friendship and it became more

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Still can’t believe that she’s the straight one.

All I could think, watching Bradshaw at 73 cavorting in a bathtub, doing an ad for Safe Step Walk-in tub, yukking it up, is this: Imagine when Bradshaw was a fledgling quarterback for Chuck Noll in the early seventies. Imagine walking up to the insecure and mostly shy Bradshaw and saying, “One day before you die, you’re going to be on TV saying funny things about bathtubs and selling them to Americans on a news channel.”

He’d have looked at me like I had four heads. The only one more surprised would be Chuck Noll.

Given the he talks about starting out in his 20’s in the early 80’s, that’s probably right because why would a 10 year old do that?

Participant

Oddly Chico, he didn’t mention it.

Here’s this weeks edition of Nuggets from McButterpants, also daughter #2 got married over the weekend, in Seattle, where she lives.

Street Cred is a 99-93 lifetime record and a 2-2 playoff record on teams not built by Tony Dungy.

“One thing I know,” said Rich Gannon, who was a league MVP playing for Gruden, “is Jon loves these kinds of players. He’s got street cred with them. He’s done it with Andre Rison, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, John Jett, Keyshawn Johnson … He’ll tell Antonio, ‘I’ll get you your 1,500 yards, your 120 balls, and here’s what you have to do for me.’

Chaos in Foxboro, Ringo Starr level peace and love in the Steel City.

“Two straight years, two mega-stars slap the Steelers in the face. For one of the flagship franchises in the NFL, this has been an ugly last half-year.”

Didn’t look, but I’m sure when it was changed to it’s current format, Pete loved that as well.

“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”

Call Breer, he’s an expert on pissy.

Why is Kevin Durant always so pissy?

Feejis
    Participant

I’m sure Culpo is gonna love Detroit.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”

I really wish he’d die.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

His mother would be prouder of him standing on Art Fleming(!)’s spot in the Jeopardy! studio than anything else he’d ever done?????

chicowalker
    Participant

What a weirdo.  I’d imagine the old technician thought for 1/8th of a second before responding- “oh, right there, that’s where Mr. Fleming stood”

Lebron
    Participant

All the screaming and cavorting over the Steelers only getting a 3rd and a 5th reminds me of the Jimmy G trade.  That’s it?  That’s all you got?  People really don’t understand the concept of the market being what it is and your desire/need to move the player to recoup something of value or just to get rid of them.  And how about instead of focusing on what the Steelers got back why not focus on the decision to sign him to all of that money just a couple of years ago?  Isn’t that the dumb decision that put you in this spot to begin with?  The screamers/cavorters sure as shit loved that move.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

I’m sure Culpo is gonna love Detroit.

Call Fredgy, he’s from the mean streets of a wealthy suburb.

jforb
    Participant

Mike Tomlin takes a big hit. Great coaches have to find a way to handle big and divisive personalities, and Brown drove a wedge into Tomlin’s team, and Tomlin couldn’t stop it. Tomlin’s going to have to examine how he handled Brown over the years, and be sure he doesn’t make the same mistakes with the next angry star—even if that means letting the guy walk before he can do the damage Brown did.

Later says he can’t wait for Tomlin to right the ship. Yet Roethlisberger isn’t mentioned once in the article even if him having run of the franchise is the main problem.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

So Pete thinks Tomlin is the GM?  America’s Preeminent Football Writer folks!

Lebron
    Participant

“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”

I really wish he’d die.

Pete loves gimmicks.  Let’s make the most important games of the season different from the previous 16 games the teams played.  His defiant ‘then why do 9 teams out of 10 take the kickoff?’ is stone cold stupid.  Has it changed any since they fucked with the rules to begin with?  No.  Would it change if they fucked with the rule again?  No. A few years ago the touchdown on the first possession or the other team gets a crack at it standard was good enough, now it’s not.  Like any organization, you have to stop fucking with things and more importantly quit worrying about the wrong thing.

Participant

Cribbing High Pants Bob’s act here?

Excuse me.
    Maybe I haven’t been paying attention.
    But how long have they been playing music at Staples Center WHILE the Lakers game is going on?
    Did I miss something?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Like any organization, you have to stop fucking with things and more importantly quit worrying about the wrong thing.

Dig up my dead body and let me know when the NFL actually does both of these things. Be careful, though. I might be dust by then.

Participant

Former Patriots’ OT Trent Brown intends to sign a four-year, $66 million contract that includes $36.75 million guaranteed with the Oakland Raiders, per source, making him highest paid OL in NFL history.

Lebron
    Participant

Bill never gets the credit he deserves for getting players paid.  Back to back highest paid OL in NFL history champ!

Yahtzee
    Participant

And one day, walking her dog Eliot, she met Nick—whom she’d been admiring from afar—and they struck up a friendship and it became more

1. I’m shocked Chico knows how to embed a gif.

2. I have no idea why he’s posting this.

Suzy
    Participant

“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”

I really wish he’d die.

We share an unhealthy hatred, King. I seriously fucking loathe him with all of my heart.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Chaos in Foxboro, Ringo Starr level peace and love in the Steel City.  :lol:  

jforb
    Participant

I really wish he’d die.

We share an unhealthy hatred, King. I seriously fucking loathe him with all of my heart.

Unhealthy?

chicowalker
    Participant

1. I’m shocked Chico knows how to embed a gif.

2. I have no idea why he’s posting this.

1. I’m smaht, not like people say :blink:

2. That’s Fatty telling stories out of school about how his daughter stalked-cute her husband

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

So Brown comes here for what 9 – 10 months, wins a Super Bowl and then leaves to get $37mil guaranteed? Do morons still think players don’t sign with the Patriots because they aren’t allowed to ‘have fun’ or ‘be themselves’? :blink:   :blink:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

So Brown comes here for what 9 – 10 months, wins a Super Bowl and then leaves to get $37mil guaranteed? Do morons still think players don’t sign with the Patriots because they aren’t allowed to ‘have fun’ or ‘be themselves’? :blink: :blink:

Dwayne Allen, who has 2 yr deal with Miami, on @SiriusXMNFL asked about “No fun NE”:

“The fun is in the winning…but it also comes from the people u have around you…that love the game of football…that love going to work and love each other.”

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar