Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Participant

Put yourself in for a free Fenway Frank Waxpack.

“JetBlue Park is spacious, gorgeous, and generally reminds you of many of the good things about being at Fenway, with none of the bad (cramped seats, expensive parking, lousy sightlines, etc.)”

Fatty early in the column:

I’d never have offered Brown a contract adjustment right now, after watching him lob Molotov cocktails at the Steelers for weeks. Except maybe to say, I’ll guarantee this year’s compensation, but as far as a new deal, we’re not going to offer any new money till we see how this relationship works.

Later, same column:

I believe the Steelers and Bills had agreed or come close to agreeing on compensation involving the aforementioned swap of first-round picks, with the Steelers moving up a valuable 11 spots into the top 10 of the draft. But I don’t believe Buffalo had resolved with finality whether they pulled the trigger on the deal late Thursday night—in part because there’d been no agreement on the financial terms with Rosenhaus. 

So the obstacle to the better deal was money? Are you saying then that a team  can’t actually pull the “let’s wait and see first” ploy in terms of a new deal in order to acquire him? That maybe the player actually has some, what’s the word, leverage to prevent such a lowball maneuver?

“Here’s what I would do…” Fucking dumbass. Oakland was the only partner because Brown held all the cards.

Fatty can’t even be consistent in the same column,  words probably written an hour apart.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

And one day, walking her dog Eliot, she met Nick—whom she’d been admiring from afar—and they struck up a friendship and it became more

1. I’m shocked Chico knows how to embed a gif.

2. I have no idea why he’s posting this.

1. I’m smaht, not like people say :blink:

2. That’s Fatty telling stories out of school about how his daughter stalked-cute her husband

Cannot fathom the level to which Fatty must pontificate, patronize, and talk down to his new SIL.  :pk:

That poor guy.

Lebron
    Participant

In kickball news Zinadine Zidane is like the Billy Martin of Real Madrid apparently.

Yahtzee
    Participant

2. That’s Fatty telling stories out of school about how his daughter stalked-cute her husband

Ahh.

Eww.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

There’s a non-zero chance that he’s given his SiL some gross “get busy on making grandchildren!” admonition to fuck his daughter

3 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

There’s a non-zero chance that he’s given his SiL some gross “get busy on making grandchildren!” admonition to fuck his daughter

oh my god  :lol:   :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

I’m dying  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

IIRC his grandson was the result of his daughter in-law getting in vitro? Need to preserve that King bloodline!

“Dad, can you get the baby dressed while I fix breakfast?”

“Sure thing!”

*five minutes later*

“Dad, why is he wearing a Brewers hat, Sporting KC onesie..are those polo shorts pleated? What happened to his little Chuck Taylors, are those New Balance? Where did you *get* all this shit anyway?”

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Maybe the grandson will get shoved out of the way by a high shorts wearer at a Cactus League game 10 years down the road.

Lebron
    Participant

And of course any grandkids will get a “Caliente?  Hello?  Can you hear me?  See my other grandkids are bilingual.  They live in San Francisco.”

jforb
    Participant

Maybe the grandson will get shoved out of the way by a high shorts wearer at a Cactus League game 10 years down the road.

Probably PK himself

Participant

In other finger wagging related news….. Bob Ryan wants Saints fans to get over it and let you know he’s better than you….

“My wife and I go to museums.  We attend movies and we psych ourselves up for the Academy Awards.  We go to the theater, both here and in New York (where Peter King lives by the way).  I surround myself with music every day of my life.  (Indeed, I’m listening to Count Basie right now).

New Orleans Saints fans need to get a grip.

(via )

1 user thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

What kind of creep gets excited for an awards show?

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m sure Bob ryan has never said the words “Ben Dreith” in anger :dry:

Participant

What kind of creep gets excited for an awards show?

Joanie Rivers, OOTG.

chicowalker
    Participant

The entire ringer staff, AOTW

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Bob’s still pissed about Havlicek’s injury in ’73.

chicowalker
    Participant

The boring answer to “Why does John Dennis have MAFL in his twitter handle?” is Massachusetts/Florida.  More accurately, it could be

Might Actually Fellate Labradors

Means Amusement Free Listening

Mendacious Acrimonious Fetid Lascivious

Men-Aroused? Frenulums Lapped!

My Anus Fully Loaded

Lebron
    Participant

Lions the leaders in the preseason title chase so far signing Amendola, Justin Coleman and supposedly Trey Flowers.

Feejis
    Participant

Lions the leaders in the preseason title chase so far signing Amendola, Justin Coleman and supposedly Trey Flowers.

Don’t know about Coleman but the other two, plus Blount and Tavon Wilson previously are also allegedly good teammates/leaders which is what that team sorely needs.

Claude45
    Participant

NFL free agent season, what a wonderful time of the year! We get to hear how hard Adam Schefter works. He manages texts on TWO PHONES!!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

NFL free agent season, what a wonderful time of the year! We get to hear how hard Adam Schefter works. He manages texts on TWO PHONES!!

Isn’t it just adorable when he gets irritable and angry when someone tells him he’s full of shit? What a scamp!

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Well I’ll have you know, sir, that Mr. Albert Breer retweets Schefter’s account from THREE OPEN BROWSER TABS

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Dogs are the best

Musher Nicolas Petit lost a huge lead in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race on Monday when his dog team refused to keep going after he yelled at one of the animals.

Guy had a 5 hour lead.  I love that they just collectively said fuck you.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar