Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 3 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Waynes Fatha must be workshopping a MYKE!!!!!! WTF IS BILL DOIN????????? post right about now after losing Flowers and Brown.   :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Walked into a bar and nbatv is on. Some show called The Starters is airing with no sound. My god it looks awful.

Coma
    Participant

Lions the leaders in the preseason title chase so far signing Amendola, Justin Coleman and supposedly Trey Flowers.

Don’t know about Coleman but the other two, plus Blount and Tavon Wilson previously are also allegedly good teammates/leaders which is what that team sorely needs.

Who knows how the Lions 2019 season will go, but, if it’s successful, the Detroit sports media will have to put away their “Patricia’s in over his head and doesn’t know what he’s doing” storylines they liked so much last season.

It would also put a dent in the “Belichick’s assistants are always failures” storyline, though that will morph into “Oh, so one of them worked out. Big deal. I suppose an 8% (percentage not based on any research) success rate is supposed to be acceptable.”

Coma
    Participant

Oddly Chico, he didn’t mention it.

Here’s this weeks edition of Nuggets from McButterpants, also daughter #2 got married over the weekend, in Seattle, where she lives.

Street Cred is a 99-93 lifetime record and a 2-2 playoff record on teams not built by Tony Dungy.

“One thing I know,” said Rich Gannon, who was a league MVP playing for Gruden, “is Jon loves these kinds of players. He’s got street cred with them. He’s done it with Andre Rison, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, John Jett, Keyshawn Johnson … He’ll tell Antonio, ‘I’ll get you your 1,500 yards, your 120 balls, and here’s what you have to do for me.’

Wait. Jon Gruden will have more “street cred” with Antonio Brown than Mike Tomlin did? Did Rich Gannon just imply that Tomlin is Wayne Brady.

Brown has had more than 100 catches and between 1200 and 1800 yards for 6 straight years, while being unhappy with his team for at least the last season. If Brown catches 110 passes for 1300 yards next year, that’s not Gruden working his magic and connecting with a disgruntled player, that’s a normal season for him.

Big Fat O
    Participant

BB didn’t fork out 18 mil a year so that means he didn’t want Flowers according to the radio GMs. Guy is a good player but not at 18 mil. If  this is your opinion then you drink the Pats kool aid.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Lions the leaders in the preseason title chase so far signing Amendola, Justin Coleman and supposedly Trey Flowers.

Don’t know about Coleman but the other two, plus Blount and Tavon Wilson previously are also allegedly good teammates/leaders which is what that team sorely needs.

Who knows how the Lions 2019 season will go, but, if it’s successful, the Detroit sports media will have to put away their “Patricia’s in over his head and doesn’t know what he’s doing” storylines they liked so much last season.

It would also put a dent in the “Belichick’s assistants are always failures” storyline, though that will morph into “Oh, so one of them worked out. Big deal. I suppose an 8% (percentage not based on any research) success rate is supposed to be acceptable.”

Patricia can only win with Belichick guys!

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Toronto had a good chance to close the gap on the Bruins tonight.  Tampa is blowing them off the ice right now, 6-1in the third.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

We make fun of Bill O’Brien, but he has to be considered a successful head coach by now, doesn’t he? Or if not, then there are only like three successful head coaches in the league.

Feejis
    Participant

We make fun of Bill O’Brien, but he has to be considered a successful head coach by now, doesn’t he? Or if not, then there are only like three successful head coaches in the league.

Agreed. 4/5 winning seasons and the onebhe didn’t his Qb got hurt. The playoff record doesn’t help his cause though.

Humphrey
    Participant

Like any organization, you have to stop fucking with things and more importantly quit worrying about the wrong thing.

Dig up my dead body and let me know when the NFL actually does both of these things. Be careful, though. I might be dust by then.

If they are going to do that, play periods (10 min) until you get a winner. To me, when a team gets down 7 under these rules (or 3 under the current rules), it’s unfair anyway. Their play calling can be based on 4 downs, not 3.

And that’s why I hate the college overtime too. If they took the field goal out of it, I’d be ok with it.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It’s shocking that the NFL was able to survive for 90 years with that unfair original overtime rule in effect.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It’s shocking that the NFL was able to survive for 90 years with that unfair original overtime rule in effect.

To be fair to the NFL nobody realized it was unfair until the Patriots starting winning. :weei:

Participant

Brother John lobbying to change the free agency rules yet?

“In less than 24 hours, the Ravens appear to have lost defensive cornerstones Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosley and Za’Darius Smith to free agency.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“In less than 24 hours, the Ravens appear to have lost defensive cornerstones Terrell Suggs, CJ Mosley and Za’Darius Smith to free agency.

Definitely deceptive.

GusChiggins
    Participant

It’s realky hard for me to decide what bothers me the most about the career of Ian.

The use of ‘woah’?

The use of money bags in his tweets?

The pimping of a player like he knows something- big talent on the market?

Right now it’s the money bags.

Coma
    Participant

No Ozzie, no plan.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Nah, the Ravens have a new plan – forget about the defense, it’s all offense baby. They just announced they’re signing Le’veon Bell.

Never mind, fake tweet.

chicowalker
    Participant

One of the people indicted in that college admissions scandal (Gordon Ernst, Georgetown Tennis coach) is a Cranston East legend.  Represent!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Apparently the URI women’s tennis coach as well. RI, represent!

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

One of the people indicted in that college admissions scandal (Gordon Ernst, Georgetown Tennis coach) is a Cranston East legend. Represent!

Fred Trump did it first.  And if you listen to his born on third base son, best.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Put yourself in for a free Fenway Frank Waxpack.

“JetBlue Park is spacious, gorgeous, and generally reminds you of many of the good things about being at Fenway, with none of the bad (cramped seats, expensive parking, lousy sightlines, etc.)”

Oddly enough, when they built Fenway 100 years ago, (1.) people/adults were verifiably considerably smaller than they are today and (2.) even though it was certainly not prime land in 1918, the Fenway footprint was already hemmed in by the local streets and other considerations. (You would think a real reporter would either know that or it would occur to him or his editor to dig a little deeper for this story. No such luck.) Fort Myers in the 2000s was a vastly different development opportunity.

More significantly, why is Waxy parroting the usual Fenway negatives? When was the last time he had to wedge his portly frame into one of those “cramped seats?” When were you last in the bleachers or the Upper Grandstand, Chad? Hopefully you’re not complaining about the wide red seats with cupholders in the Lower Boxes that often fall to off-duty or irregularly published sports “insiders.” As far as I know (and admittedly, I have never gone to a game in Fenway Park as an adult in a car) parking is expensive everywhere in Boston. Have you or any of your thumbsucking cohort ever surveyed the costs to park around the Garden? At Gillette? Any of you ever attempt to quantify the value (proximity to venue x ease/safety of garage x monetary cost)? I realize they’re shunned upon in the Shank era, but facts often reveal more than a SOTA report on your personal inconveniences. And finally, “lousy sightlines.” Something I’m certain Chad has not experienced first hand. Everyone with any local smarts knows enough to avoid the mis-oriented Sections 3-10. That black hole and (sorry, Sox management) those left field wall seats are the only two sizeable parts of the park with lousy sightlines. Of course, there haven’t been many “Fan’s Guide” to where to sit in Fenway in The Globe. Not surprisingly.

Waxy likely think he’s a fearless fighter for the put-upon common fan (or at least those who don’t have their airfare, travel, hotel, meals, and incidental expenses paid for), but he’s using his own lack of reportial curiosity to file yet another (say it with me now), lazy, self-centered postcard home. You know what lousy sightlines truly are? Ones that terminate with a clear view of the Glove sports columnists latest “work.”

6 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Gordie’s dad was a true Cranston legend, a genuinely nice guy

https://www.thebutterfieldhome.com/obituaries_view.php?id=400

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The Bills signing John Brown leaves room for some truly horrible parking lot Harpers Ferry re-enactments

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol: Ocifer, I know we can’t light card tables on fire and swan-HIC-ton bomb through them anymore…but they didn’t say anything about extrajudicial hangings!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Put yourself in for a free Fenway Frank Waxpack.

“JetBlue Park is spacious, gorgeous, and generally reminds you of many of the good things about being at Fenway, with none of the bad (cramped seats, expensive parking, lousy sightlines, etc.)”

Oddly enough, when they built Fenway 100 years ago, (1.) people/adults were verifiably considerably smaller than they are today and (2.) even though it was certainly not prime land in 1918, the Fenway footprint was already hemmed in by the local streets and other considerations. (You would think a real reporter would either know that or it would occur to him or his editor to dig a little deeper for this story. No such luck.) Fort Myers in the 2000s was a vastly different development opportunity.

More significantly, why is Waxy parroting the usual Fenway negatives? When was the last time he had to wedge his portly frame into one of those “cramped seats?” When were you last in the bleachers or the Upper Grandstand, Chad? Hopefully you’re not complaining about the wide red seats with cupholders in the Lower Boxes that often fall to off-duty or irregularly published sports “insiders.” As far as I know (and admittedly, I have never gone to a game in Fenway Park as an adult in a car) parking is expensive everywhere in Boston. Have you or any of your thumbsucking cohort ever surveyed the costs to park around the Garden? At Gillette? Any of you ever attempt to quantify the value (proximity to venue x ease/safety of garage x monetary cost)? I realize they’re shunned upon in the Shank era, but facts often reveal more than a SOTA report on your personal inconveniences. And finally, “lousy sightlines.” Something I’m certain Chad has not experienced first hand. Everyone with any local smarts knows enough to avoid the mis-oriented Sections 3-10. That black hole and (sorry, Sox management) those left field wall seats are the only two sizeable parts of the park with lousy sightlines. Of course, there haven’t been many “Fan’s Guide” to where to sit in Fenway in The Globe. Not surprisingly.

Waxy likely think he’s a fearless fighter for the put-upon common fan (or at least those who don’t have their airfare, travel, hotel, meals, and incidental expenses paid for), but he’s using his own lack of reportial curiosity to file yet another (say it with me now), lazy, self-centered postcard home. You know what lousy sightlines truly are? Ones that terminate with a clear view of the Glove sports columnists latest “work.”

I guess we should salute him for his courage since his affrontery in criticizing America’s Most Beloved Ballpark™ will surely earn him a reprimand from Powder and Pizzutti.   :ozzy:

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar