March 12, 2019 at 2:13 pm #137345
“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”
I really wish he’d die.
We share an unhealthy hatred, King. I seriously fucking loathe him with all of my heart.
If we could channel that hate into something that benefits humanity…March 12, 2019 at 2:21 pm #137346
Where’s MI? I need the Barnicle admission story. Simpler times.March 12, 2019 at 2:30 pm #137347
Philip Esformes is a Florida business executive facing numerous federal charges of Medicare fraud related to the nursing homes and assisted-living centers he has owned. In July, he was charged with bribing a basketball coach at the University of Pennsylvania to help get Esformes’s son admitted to Penn. The indictment said that Esformes gave $74,000 in cash. While the son did play basketball in high school, and was admitted to Penn, he never played basketball on the team there. The coach is Jerome Allen, who led the Penn program for six years and is now an assistant coach of the Boston Celtics.March 12, 2019 at 2:38 pm #137348
Fred West LynnParticipant
Philip Esformes is a Florida business executive facing numerous federal charges of Medicare fraud related to the nursing homes and assisted-living centers he has owned. In July, he was charged with bribing a basketball coach at the University of Pennsylvania to help get Esformes’s son admitted to Penn. The indictment said that Esformes gave $74,000 in cash. While the son did play basketball in high school, and was admitted to Penn, he never played basketball on the team there. The coach is Jerome Allen, who led the Penn program for six years and is now an assistant coach of the Boston Celtics.
“Jerome? Got a minute? In here.”March 12, 2019 at 2:43 pm #137349
Danny DubersteinParticipantMarch 12, 2019 at 3:12 pm #137350
jforbParticipantMarch 12, 2019 at 3:27 pm #137351March 12, 2019 at 3:35 pm #137352
02062ParticipantMarch 12, 2019 at 3:43 pm #137353March 12, 2019 at 3:48 pm #137354
Big Fat OParticipant
I guess donating a bunch of money doesn’t get your kind in anymore like the old days.March 12, 2019 at 3:57 pm #137355
Looks like the Jets and the Ravens are upping the ante for Levon Bell and the right for him to shit all over your salary cap and team mates heads. Couldn’t happen to a nicer pair of franchises.
1 user thanked author for this post.March 12, 2019 at 4:05 pm #137356
Fred West LynnParticipant
I guess donating a bunch of money doesn’t get your kind in anymore like the old days.
According to reports, $2.2 million turned the trick for Jared Kushner.March 12, 2019 at 4:14 pm #137357
Where’s MI? I need the Barnicle admission story. Simpler times.
The Battle of Belmont Hill;
Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily ThreadMarch 12, 2019 at 4:43 pm #137358
If Joe Gill can be considered an entrepreneur on twitter then I want to be the starting goalie for the 1989 Philadelphia Flyers on twitter. It makes as much sense.
Not just an entrepreneur, but a social media jedi for hire, storyteller, mad scientist, detective and blue collar guy all rolled into one. I don’t know if there’s a way to monetize giving yourself “cool” titles without actually doing anything, but if Joe ever figures that out, he’ll be golden.March 12, 2019 at 8:02 pm #137359
I don’t recall but was the gilmore deal announced during the tampering period or once FA officially began?March 12, 2019 at 8:42 pm #137360March 12, 2019 at 9:03 pm #137361
LeftyModeratorMarch 12, 2019 at 10:00 pm #137362
We are in Ft. Myers for Spring Break. Did the Jet Blue Park VIP tour and it was excellent.
We got to see infield practice basically all the MLB roster players.
– Tony Larussa on the field in civilian clothes.
-Vazquez was basically the chatterbox of the whole practice I think he called Devers a “pussy” in Spanish.
– Brock Holt was on the sidelines not sure if he is resting.
– Pedroia did infield looks different out there. Not part of the team different.
– Got see Eovaldi and Porcello warm up in the outfield. Their warm ups look like they are ready.
– Mitch Moreland is fucking huge.
Then went to BP. Followed this group Moreland, Bogaerts, JBJ, Benintendi, Swihart,and Leon. (No Betts or Martinez)
– Tony Larussa on the field on the phone.
– Hyers the hitting coach has them just doing situational hitting against a pitching machine. They played a game whoever can hit the ball closest to the foul line. Was pretty funny JBJ and Bogaerts were like kids trying to get an edge in the game…I think they let their guard down because they were not trying to be funny.
– Mitch Moreland is huge that guy was crushing the ball to all fields, it’s BP, but the guy his huge.
– Hacksaw Jr, got a ball signed by JBJ, Bogaerts, Mitch Moreland, and Bennitendi. They were all business too, they said they would only signed when done. Nothing bad about that. I pretty much told Jr. this was going to be a tough to get these guys.
– Price gets out of the dugout to go stretch, I yell “Awesome job last year!” I got the wave.
– JD Martinez pretty much tunnel vision. That’s ok.
– we go to our seats on top of the Monster seats. Then around the second inning betts is looking up I point and wave to him he waves back. Jr was “Holy crap he saw you.”
– last inning we move behind home plate Jr. goes “Watch me I’ll be back.” I see where he is going he was going to sit next to Dombrowski, last out of the game the Mrs. calls him back.
Great experience. Mitch Moreland doesn’t have the best numbers but kills the ball, the team gets along and Tony Larussa is not a figurehead he is out there with the team. Also Cora designs what we see on the VIP tour.
It’s weird seeing Pedroia down in the order.March 12, 2019 at 10:45 pm #137364
Updated AFC Conference odds (I actually didn’t believe this at first and had to look at a 2nd source):
Super Bowl Odds?
Cle 14-1 (was 25-1 to start the day). OBJ is worth that much? I need an ITT ruling here…
1 user thanked author for this post.March 13, 2019 at 8:19 am #137366
I don’t recall but was the gilmore deal announced during the tampering period or once FA officially began?
If I remember, it was right as official FA began. My guess would be the Pats hold off in case someone backs out or the deal goes south. Like what happened to the Jets with that LB going back to Minn.March 13, 2019 at 8:24 am #137367
Miserable FellowParticipantMarch 13, 2019 at 9:01 am #137368
Possibly of interest to LeBron only: Is Zidane the smartest man in sports? What Phil Jackson wishes he was. Led Madrid to 3 Champions League wins and then stepped away. The team sells Ronaldo and craters in spectacular fashion, and now he steps in to save them again with presumably expanded powers.March 13, 2019 at 9:06 am #137369
The Browns have won the off-season while the Raider have come in a close second. Of course all that is meaningless in the face of 10 years of total front office dysfunction. They will be better next year but not by much.March 13, 2019 at 9:29 am #137370
And the Jets now have a BELLCOW back who brings STARPOWER to the huddle.March 13, 2019 at 9:32 am #137371
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.