Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Rickkyboy
    Participant

“I think I love the Chiefs’ proposal to have both teams get a possession in overtime. The coin flip should not play such a major role in who wins in overtime. Even if it’s just for the playoffs, I’d be in favor.”

I really wish he’d die.

We share an unhealthy hatred, King. I seriously fucking loathe him with all of my heart.

If we could channel that hate into something that benefits humanity… :lol:

GusChiggins
    Participant

Where’s MI? I need the Barnicle admission story. Simpler times.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Philip Esformes is a Florida business executive facing numerous federal charges of Medicare fraud related to the nursing homes and assisted-living centers he has owned. In July, he was charged with bribing a basketball coach at the University of Pennsylvania  to help get Esformes’s son admitted to Penn. The indictment said that Esformes gave $74,000 in cash. While the son did play basketball in high school, and was admitted to Penn, he never played basketball on the team there. The coach is Jerome Allen, who led the Penn program for six years and is now an assistant coach of the Boston Celtics.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Philip Esformes is a Florida business executive facing numerous federal charges of Medicare fraud related to the nursing homes and assisted-living centers he has owned. In July, he was charged with bribing a basketball coach at the University of Pennsylvania to help get Esformes’s son admitted to Penn. The indictment said that Esformes gave $74,000 in cash. While the son did play basketball in high school, and was admitted to Penn, he never played basketball on the team there. The coach is Jerome Allen, who led the Penn program for six years and is now an assistant coach of the Boston Celtics.

“Jerome? Got a minute? In here.”

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Is that wrong?  Because no one told me it was. I tell ya Danny, I gotta plead ignorance on this one.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Fortunately for him, 30-35% of 0 is 0.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Is that wrong? Because no one told me it was. I tell ya Danny, I gotta plead ignorance on this one.

:lol:

Here’s the indictment. Does USC get the death penalty?

https://www.justice.gov/file/1142876/download

Participant

Cover ImageDeadly dull in print, radio, tv and now podcasts – 4 tool player – FOUR TOOL PLAYER!!!!!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

If Joe Gill can be considered an entrepreneur on twitter then I want to be the starting goalie for the 1989 Philadelphia Flyers on twitter.  It makes as much sense. :blink:

5 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I guess donating  a bunch of money doesn’t get your kind in anymore like the old days.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Looks like the Jets and the Ravens are upping the ante for Levon Bell and the right for him to shit all over your salary cap and team mates heads. Couldn’t happen to a nicer pair of franchises.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I guess donating a bunch of money doesn’t get your kind in anymore like the old days.

According to reports, $2.2 million turned the trick for Jared Kushner.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Where’s MI? I need the Barnicle admission story. Simpler times.

The Battle of Belmont Hill;

InThisTown, on 13 Oct 2010 – 11:03 AM, said:
    … I saw that commercial the other day that has Barnicle so outraged. I love that the video game was built in consult with SpecOps guys. It has their blessing but not Mike @!&%ing Barnicle who fought at the battle of Trapelo Road.
    – – –
    Kevin, on 13 Oct 2010 – 11:18 AM, said:
    I don’t think we should mock the Battle of Trapelo Road.

Those noble citizens fought long and hard to repel the Sons of Sam Walton from annexing territory there.
    – – –
    Beaker, on 13 Oct 2010 – 11:36 AM, said:
    Mike also fought the Battle of Belmont Hill. Wearing a navy blazer and chinos, he infiltrated the grounds and opened a beachhead at the admissions office (“Dog One”) allowing Sgt. Finucane to penetrate the heavily fortified conference room armed with nothing but her son’s mediocre transcript and a large check.
    – – –
    Kevin, on 17 Oct 2013 – 12:05 PM, said:
    Can we have this post bronzed or something? :lol: 
    – – –
    InThisTown, on 14 Oct 2010 – 09:32 AM, said:
    The man stormed the beach at the American Ireland Fund. Liver spots everywhere! His friends face down in their own shiit. Once they ran out of top shelf and they had to siphon the whiskey out of the veins of a passed out Dick Goodwin. Then like the Continental Army at Valley Forge they ate their own boat shoes.
    – – –
    02062, on 14 Oct 2010 – 09:47 AM, said:
    Colonel Bob Sheridan of the Budweiser Brigade of the Ancient & Honorables was in this platoon as well.
    – – –
    Beaker, on 14 Oct 2010 – 09:46 AM, said:
    They crawled ever forward through the privileged vomit, the pastel sweaters still draped carefully and lovingly around their necks as they made one last valiant attempt to reach the caterer for reinforcements.
    – – –
    LarryLegend, on 14 Oct 2010 – 10:27 AM, said:
    Don’t fire until you see the burst capillaries on their noses!!!
    – – –
    Corner Blitz, on 13 Feb 2011 – 9:57 PM, said:
    Today I was driving to my sister’s and I saw the Trapelo road exit and I just started dying-my wife is looking at me and I can’t talk , I’m just thinking of how they had to eat their own boat shoes, and armed with nothing but a mediocre transcript and a large check. I stopped crying in Arlington. :lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Coma
    Participant

If Joe Gill can be considered an entrepreneur on twitter then I want to be the starting goalie for the 1989 Philadelphia Flyers on twitter. It makes as much sense. :blink:

Not just an entrepreneur, but a social media jedi for hire, storyteller, mad scientist, detective and blue collar guy all rolled into one. I don’t know if there’s a way to monetize giving yourself “cool” titles without actually doing anything, but if Joe ever figures that out, he’ll be golden.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t recall but was the gilmore deal announced during the tampering period or once FA officially began?

jforb
    Participant

Browns overpay or Steelers not get enough?

Lefty

I think the Browns overpaid. But I LOVE the idea that the Steelers fans have to be losing their mind and screaming that the Stillers screwed up.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

We are in Ft. Myers for Spring Break. Did the Jet Blue Park VIP tour and it was excellent.

We got to see infield practice basically all the MLB roster players.

– Tony Larussa on the field in civilian clothes.

-Vazquez was basically the chatterbox of the whole practice I think he called Devers a “pussy” in Spanish.

– Brock Holt was on the sidelines not sure if he is resting.

– Pedroia did infield looks different out there. Not part of the team different.

– Got see Eovaldi and Porcello warm up in the outfield. Their warm ups look like they are ready.

– Mitch Moreland is fucking huge.

Then went to BP. Followed this group Moreland, Bogaerts, JBJ, Benintendi, Swihart,and Leon. (No Betts or Martinez)

– Tony Larussa on the field on the phone.

– Hyers the hitting coach has them just doing situational hitting against a pitching machine. They played a game whoever can hit the ball closest to the foul line. Was pretty funny JBJ and Bogaerts were like kids trying to get an edge in the game…I think they let their guard down because they were not trying to be funny.

– Mitch Moreland is huge that guy was crushing the ball to all fields, it’s BP, but the guy his huge.

– Hacksaw Jr, got a ball signed by JBJ, Bogaerts, Mitch Moreland, and Bennitendi. They were all business too, they said they would only signed when done. Nothing bad about that. I pretty much told Jr. this was going to be a tough to get these guys.

Game time

– Price gets out of the dugout to go stretch, I yell “Awesome job last year!” I got the wave.

– JD Martinez pretty much tunnel vision. That’s ok.

– we go to our seats on top of the Monster seats. Then around the second inning betts is looking up I point and wave to him he waves back. Jr was “Holy crap he saw you.”

– last inning we move behind home plate Jr. goes “Watch me I’ll be back.” I see where he is going he was going to sit next to Dombrowski, last out of the game the Mrs. calls him back.

Great experience. Mitch Moreland doesn’t have the best numbers but kills the ball, the team gets along and Tony Larussa is not a figurehead he is out there with the team. Also Cora designs what we see on the VIP tour.

It’s weird seeing Pedroia down in the order.

9 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Updated AFC Conference odds (I actually didn’t believe this at first and had to look at a 2nd source):

NE 3-1

KC 3-1

Cle 7-1

:blink: :blink:

Super Bowl Odds?

NE 7-1

KC 7-1

Rams 10-1

Cle 14-1 (was 25-1 to start the day). OBJ is worth that much? I need an ITT ruling here…

Claude45
    Participant

I don’t recall but was the gilmore deal announced during the tampering period or once FA officially began?

If I remember, it was right as official FA began. My guess would be the Pats hold off in case someone backs out or the deal goes south. Like what happened to the Jets with that LB going back to Minn.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The next playoff game OBJ wins will be the first.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Possibly of interest to LeBron only: Is Zidane the smartest man in sports? What Phil Jackson wishes he was. Led Madrid to 3 Champions League wins and then stepped away. The team sells Ronaldo and craters in spectacular fashion, and now he steps in to save them again with presumably expanded powers.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Browns have won the off-season while the Raider have come in a close second. Of course all that is meaningless in the face of 10 years of total front office dysfunction. They will be better next year but not by much.

Participant

And the Jets now have a BELLCOW back who brings STARPOWER to the huddle.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar