Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 3/11/2019-3/17/2019 – Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 231 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 3 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 232 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Globe today

KPD’s notebook:

Steve Kampfer returns to steady Bruins’ banged-up defensive corps

Game story:

Defense rests, and Bruins are blitzed by Blue Jackets

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lefty

I can’t wait for Lev Bell to tear a hamstring during the first week of camp and sit out the year cashing those guaranteed payments.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

And the Jets now have a BELLCOW back who brings STARPOWER to the huddle.

Much like when they signed Darrel Revis they have ‘The Face of the Franchise’ for years to come. :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s such a Jets thing that their huge signing wasn’t even the biggest news involving a New York football team that day.  Forever the redheaded step child

8 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Hacksaw that sounds like a great time with your kids.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m sure having 2 headcase wide receivers and a first time head coach will put the Browns over the top.  They have 6-10 written all over them.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Bell loves the weed and he’s looking at another year off if he gets popped again.  That would be so Jets.

I’m all for guys doing what they want or what they believe in but I don’t get the point of Bell passing on the 1 year of guaranteed money last year.  If his end game was to rest up and that was going to result in more guaranteed money that didn’t happen.  Cousins played it right with the franchise tag – you want to pay me year by year a fully guaranteed salary the average of the 5 highest guys at my position, such that I’ll keep getting raises and because I’m going year by year I’ll end up making more dough?  Where the fuck do I sign?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I also love the ‘they were teammates at LSU!’ angle.  If I was a gambler I’d be pounding the shit out of the under on the Browns win total.

Lebron
    Participant

Possibly of interest to LeBron only: Is Zidane the smartest man in sports? What Phil Jackson wishes he was. Led Madrid to 3 Champions League wins and then stepped away. The team sells Ronaldo and craters in spectacular fashion, and now he steps in to save them again with presumably expanded powers.

I’d defer to Gus as I’m pretty much a newbie following international club soccer.  I always got the feel that Real Madrid squeezed everything they could out of that group and that Champions League title last year was an unexpected one.  Ronaldo wanted out maybe because of the tax issue but he also wants to consistently be the top dog on any club and Modric had an amazing season last year winning the Ballon d’Or so maybe he wanted to finish his career elsewhere.  They have lots of guys to make decisions as big names like Kroos and Bale are disappointing especially given the salary outlays, although Bale was huge in the CL final last year.  Zidane probably saw some of this and when he left it was over perhaps wanting to make changes that ownership didn’t want to do.  Losing in the fashion that they did in CL and not competing in La Ligue probably moved management to approach him again with more power/authority.  Will be interesting to see what happens with guys like Kroos and Bale but also other guys like Sergio Ramos/Karim Benzema/Marcelo.

Participant

Manish’s article is drivel as usual – but it does have a photograph that I can’t post that could be bunker worthy.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Cousins (or his agents) are the masters of the franchise tag. He’s made something in the range of $80 million bucks, has a below 0.500 winning percentage, and has never won a playoff game. At least Flacco and Folds won SuperBowls before cashing in.  Cousins has just been a warm body in exactly the right place at the right time.  Not quite ‘Money for Nothing and your chicks for free” but its close.

Lebron
    Participant

Cousins did benefit from being with a dipshit organization like the Redskins and that he’s not what is commonly referred to as an elite QB.  Still his approach was novel in the sense that he embraced the tag. Then the guy suckers another dipshit organization into a 3 year fully guaranteed ‘elite QB’ money deal.

jforb
    Participant

Manish’s article is drivel as usual – but it does have a photograph that I can’t post that could be bunker worthy.

Reminds me that the popup video on the Daily News at like 10 last night was still “should the Giants trade Beckham”

Feejis
    Participant

Cousins did benefit from being with a dipshit organization like the Redskins and that he’s not what is commonly referred to as an elite QB. Still his approach was novel in the sense that he embraced the tag. Then the guy suckers another dipshit organization into a 3 year fully guaranteed ‘elite QB’ money deal.

I think his approach works because the QB number was so high comparatively.

Bell certainly read the market wrong since he didn’t get as much as Gurley and less than the Steelers offered before. But he also didn’t get hurt and got 2+ years worth of franchise money guaranteed.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I would explose with ecstasy if the Eli-led Giants went zero and 16 in 2019.  May they be even worse than the Allie Sherman and Joe Pisarcik editions of the 1960s and 1970s. Seriously, I am so sick and tired of the press thinking the Maras are the royal family of the NFL.

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I also love the ‘they were teammates at LSU!’ angle. If I was a gambler I’d be pounding the shit out of the under on the Browns win total.

I’ve already told my friend who works at Twin River to let me know the minute they are available there, I will arrive app. 20 minutes later

Hacksaw
    Participant

Hacksaw that sounds like a great time with your kids.

Thanks LeBron! Did a another vip tour today will have a report later and it should be good.

We usually go to Arizona for Spring training because it’s easy to get around and a lot of access. Red Sox .org really has done a great job with this.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m not really sure why this college bribe stuff is a big deal. I get that it’s ripe fruit for idiots who make a living in the media. But if someone wants to buy their way into college or a job, why is it illegal?

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Lefty

I’m not really sure why this college bribe stuff is a big deal. I get that it’s ripe fruit for idiots who make a living in the media. But if someone wants to buy their way into college or a job, why is it illegal?

Because it reinforces a subclass of victimhood for anyone whose kid didn’t get into a school for which they were not qualified solely because someone bribed someone and took their spot.

Feejis
    Participant

Edit to add – I get the money laundering stuff is bad. People should just be able to come out and say it. I’ll give your school $500k and pay full freight if you admit my kid.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Edit to add – I get the money laundering stuff is bad. People should just be able to come out and say it. I’ll give your school $500k and pay full freight if you admit my kid.

Let us show you the plans for the Feejis Athletic Center… Oh.  It seems it would cost $2.2 Million. Oh, you don’t suppose…

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Jared.

Nuff ced

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Let us show you the plans for the Feejis Athletic Center… Oh. It seems it would cost $2.2 Million. Oh, you don’t suppose…

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

I found the fraudulent athletic scholarship stuff weird, but I guess that was the guy’s entire scam and way to get the kids into the schools.  Sounds like an upscale coyote/snakehead operation for college.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar